Remove Advertisements

Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Postby Hollyhell » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 am

1% dragon, 15 or 20% demon. Human form kalecgos died.

How are you guys doing?
Hollyhell

Postby Lore » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:11 am

7% top and bottom yesterday. Should have been a kill but healers got ADD.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby mooneye » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 am

FIORINA my Darling,

I killed Kalecgos 5min ago Full Fight Paladin Tanking no Switches with Warriors and the best I frapsed IT!!!!!

Happy Happy Happy

Details:

I tanked with 150arcane resistance by 20.9k HP Buffed
I had this following avoidance:

Dodge: 25.6%
Parry: 17.9%
Block 25.1%

Ironshields every second => 22k armor, Once in the fight I had a fast switch with bubble and once the arcane resistances faded from 8stacks to 0. I also tanked the Enrage until 1% where I died but the Boss was already fucked up !!!!
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Mooneye
mooneye

Postby Jonlo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am

mooneye wrote:FIORINA my Darling,

I killed Kalecgos 5min ago Full Fight Paladin Tanking no Switches with Warriors and the best I frapsed IT!!!!!

Happy Happy Happy

Details:

I tanked with 150arcane resistance by 20.9k HP Buffed
I had this following avoidance:

Dodge: 25.6%
Parry: 17.9%
Block 25.1%

Ironshields every second => 22k armor, Once in the fight I had a fast switch with bubble and once the arcane resistances faded from 8stacks to 0. I also tanked the Enrage until 1% where I died but the Boss was already fucked up !!!!

Got a link of the gear you used?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby mooneye » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:43 pm

I saw your post, but sorry I dont wear this gear atm in my armory because I need to farm rep for the alch. stone (because I am basically healer in the raid)

But I made you a screen unbuffed but with the gear.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/1379/qvqs8rj4_jpg.htm

I used the girdle pants and the kara trinket + mow => 150 arcane resistance

/// btw jonlo I am playing on the EU Kelthuzad :D
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Mooneye
mooneye

Postby Klistel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Did you happen to notice yourself taking a lot more "normal" hits than usual? I tanked Kalec last night and not only did I seem to take more damage than usual, but I took a lot of "normal" hits, even with Holy Shield up(I roll with ~112% avoidance with HS up normally).

Does Kalec have some hidden ability that causes him to bypass mitigation/avoidance? I don't usually take any normal hits at all, even on Illidan I only took one or two due to lag.

Kind of weird :(
Klistel

Postby Hollyhell » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Klistel wrote:Did you happen to notice yourself taking a lot more "normal" hits than usual? I tanked Kalec last night and not only did I seem to take more damage than usual, but I took a lot of "normal" hits, even with Holy Shield up(I roll with ~112% avoidance with HS up normally).

Does Kalec have some hidden ability that causes him to bypass mitigation/avoidance? I don't usually take any normal hits at all, even on Illidan I only took one or two due to lag.

Are you Klistel from JUICE?
Hollyhell

Postby Shai » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Killed him today with a balanced tankadin, bear and warrior team.
Shai

Postby Klistel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Hollyhell wrote:
Klistel wrote:Did you happen to notice yourself taking a lot more "normal" hits than usual? I tanked Kalec last night and not only did I seem to take more damage than usual, but I took a lot of "normal" hits, even with Holy Shield up(I roll with ~112% avoidance with HS up normally).

Are you Klistel from JUICE?

That'd be me
Klistel

Postby Klistel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 pm

From tonight's Sunwell run. About 10 attempts overall. The text in red are the normal stats for the tanks involved. Dodge seems...broken?
Klistel

Postby sucellus » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 am

If anything it is probably the combat log which is broken, or an addons parsing of it.
sucellus

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 am

It's possible, but the numbers conform to the damage I felt I was taking, and the fact that I actually took "normal"(unblocked, unparried, undodged, unmissed) hits, which is something that never happens on a boss fight unless I'm severely lagging and HS is down, and in this case I know for a fact that HS was up. So something points to these mobs either ignoring a percentage of my avoidance or having some extra hit table.

That and the fact that the numbers for parry/miss are spot on, I don't see why dodge would be so skewed - and so evenly. It's almost a flat 20-25% across the board.
Klistel

Postby Hollyhell » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:36 am

sucellus wrote:If anything it is probably the combat log which is broken, or an addons parsing of it.

That, and after speaking with Klistel on this, I noticed the same things for my guild's tanks.

Parry was close to what it should be, but dodge wasn't even close.

I said the same thing about combat logs being broken, or something being missed, but parry was the same.

The ONLY idea I now have is that blizzard completely changed how the combat log displays a dodge, throwing it off, but even THEN it doesn't explain how say 9% is getting picked up.
Hollyhell

Postby Splug » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 am

I threw on passively crush immune gear during the trash, to test that. Without putting up shield block, I was regularly taking unblocked hits. The first night it came up I kinda scratched my head and tried to figure out if I was being retarded and letting mobs get behind me. But it seems Blizzards has given mobs some demented expertise or something, which reduces their chance to be dodged by 20%. The giant robots are definitely sneaking unblocked attacks through a ~103% block+avoidance set. I've gotten unblocked hit - parry - unblocked hit sequences more than once in my combat log, so they're not sneaking behind me. I think the numbers are right: entities in Sunwell have a ~20% dodge chance reduction to all attacks.

Wow, that's all kinds of annoying.

-Splug

EDIT: While that dodge chance reduction does seem to apply to the trash as well as the bosses, it's worth noting that nothing in here seems to actually score crushing blows either. So losing crush immunity is not game breaking, but it will cause unblocked hits, which is a ~5-10% increase in damage taken that swing.
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:29 pm

I came across this uncategorized spell earlier today http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45769

Maybe it's an event buff for a boss that's bugging out and tagging every mob in the zone? idk.
Klistel

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau