So 2.4 soon - can we go to Sunwell?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mortiran » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Invisusira,
you have MUCH more experience as a tankadin than I probably ever will but I think your opinion may be skewed a bit. You out gear both the normal and heroic instances by far. Personally I think MT is a big blow to both tankadins and healadins. It hits both our weak points, lots of casters (tankadin weak points) and lots of AoE dmg (healadin weak point). This instance is only going to increase the perception that paladins are a specialty class. The other tanks classes will have an easier time with this zone and the other healers will have a easier time healing this zone. I was hoping that this new zone would take steps to make the differences between the different types of tanks and healers less noticable.

I guess it is a good thing that very little tankadin gear comes from it. Kinda ironic that quite a bit of healing plate comes from a zone that puts holy paladins at a large disadvantage unless they severely over gear the instance and then they wont use it anyway.

Oh to be fair this post is portrays a skewed perspective as well. While I play both a healadin and a tankadin I have not gone beyond kara with either and I have almost no experience of 25 mans
Mortiran

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:49 am

Mort, not sure I agree with you at least on the Tanking part.
Yes, there are a lot of casters and yes they are our weakness.

If you are really worried about it get back to the basics and CC stuff, remember LoS pulls are your friends.
Banish, Sheep, Sap, Trap, MC, Fear, Turn Evil work on most of the mobs in the instance. As far as Delrissa goes just monitor your buffs and recast as needed.
Dragonzbane

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:52 am

LoS is a HUGE boon to you in this instance.

Where there are packs of casters, there are multiple spots to LoS your pulls. Sheep, sap, banish, w/e CC you need, AS and run around a corner.

It's not that bad. At all. Did it last night on normal, and I hardly outgear the instance.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am

Indeed, Paladin tanks aren't weak in this instance at all, it just doesn't *specifically* play to our strengths (except of course where it does...my other tanks are sooo jealous of me in the 2nd boss' room). Oh, except for cleansing. I'm serious, if you don't have a priest with you, you're going to be able to help your party a lot by cleansing various 1k/tick debuffs that get thrown around your party while you're tanking. Also, being able to serve as a 2nd healer during the gravity lapses in a nice advantage on Kael.

In short, I take it back...they may not do their traditional consecrate and call for AoE thing as much here, but Tankadins are a strong asset in MrT.

P.S. moved to 5 man forum since that's what this topic turned into.
Last edited by Dorvan on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:34 am

Dorvan wrote:
In short, I take it back...they may not do their traditional consecrate and call for AoE thing as much here, but Tankadins are a strong asset in MrT.

I pity the fool that doesn't bring a pally tank!
jere

Postby Menoch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Cleared it on heroic with prot pally, ms war, combat rogue, feral druid and a resto druid healing.

We did make the feral druid put on his boomkin gear for KT, but other than that all melee didn't seem to bad.

PS: Fire resist is useless on KT. Used 305 on our first attempt and didn't even get a single partial resist on any of his fireballs.
Last edited by Menoch on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menoch

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:00 pm

jere wrote:
Dorvan wrote:

I pity the foo' that don't bring a pally tank!

fix't
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ThugNMeThePally » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Geeze the way you guys are talking this 5 man will be hard.... how hard? will normal be equal to the heroics now? will I need all badge/epic gear to stand a chance on normal mode?.... cause from reading here , thats what it sounds like.
ThugNMeThePally

Postby Lore » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Dorvan wrote:Indeed, Paladin tanks aren't weak in this instance at all, it just doesn't *specifically* play to our strengths (except of course where it does...my other tanks are sooo jealous of me in the 2nd boss' room). Oh, except for cleansing. I'm serious, if you don't have a priest with you, you're going to be able to help your party a lot by cleansing various 1k/tick debuffs that get thrown around your party while you're tanking. Also, being able to serve as a 2nd healer during the gravity lapses in a nice advantage on Kael.

P.S. moved to 5 man forum since that's what this topic turned into.

Paladin functions well in a non-AOE role, film at 11.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Andox » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Mortiran wrote:Invisusira,
you have MUCH more experience as a tankadin than I probably ever will but I think your opinion may be skewed a bit. You out gear both the normal and heroic instances by far. Personally I think MT is a big blow to both tankadins and healadins. It hits both our weak points, lots of casters (tankadin weak points) and lots of AoE dmg (healadin weak point). This instance is only going to increase the perception that paladins are a specialty class. The other tanks classes will have an easier time with this zone and the other healers will have a easier time healing this zone. I was hoping that this new zone would take steps to make the differences between the different types of tanks and healers less noticable.

I guess it is a good thing that very little tankadin gear comes from it. Kinda ironic that quite a bit of healing plate comes from a zone that puts holy paladins at a large disadvantage unless they severely over gear the instance and then they wont use it anyway.

Oh to be fair this post is portrays a skewed perspective as well. While I play both a healadin and a tankadin I have not gone beyond kara with either and I have almost no experience of 25 mans

I wouldn´t call it hard. If we are talking about the MT Normal, get a good healer and AoE tank it asusual, but be on balls with Cleanse. I havn´t done heroic, so I cant speak about that. We only CCed the Succubus so she would´t Seduce the healer.

And about the gear, I did MT Normal once for the Heroic attunement. I will never do normal again, if not helping guildies/friends with the attunement. I will be focusing on heroic for the godly trinket. And after that continue for fun and maybe for the rep and the title.
Andox

Postby Khayne » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:00 pm

on normal it isn´t that bad, except the 3rd boss and Kael can be abit wierd if no one in group has done them before.

I went in today there in a pug, kara geared healer, S1 rogue in sublety build, a mage and hunter (didn´t check dps guys gears, but recogniced some rogue stuff and he shadowstepped Kael after gravity lapse)

1 death on trash when i didn´t before notice how hard the dots hurt (spam cleanse ftw), got stunned and when aoe tanking them all of them it kinda surprised my healer.

then clean ride to 3rd boss, which was huge clusterfuck since i managed to get charge stunned by the warrior add before i AS´d. would have prob. be even without that happening, i were just running around flailing pathetic dps, stunning, silencing stuff when possible.

on to Kael, where 2 wipes before we got him down. Phoenix killed healer in first try, and on 2nd my ranged got killed somehow, no idea how...i suspect that flame pillar got one of them.

Can´t seem to find a group for heroic though :( .
Khayne

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 am

On live realms at least normal seems to be a pally tank instance, run in, go smashie smashie on the consecration (rank 6) button ftw. Paladin healer is fine up till Kael it seems, and at that point you (the tankadin) start healing 50% through the fight, probably a lot worse with a tank that can't heal tbh. The damage taken isn't that bad, and if its all focused through you its no worse than tanking SH (pull 11 elites, sit back and watch the aoe fly :D).

Will try the heroic tonight, can't say I should outgear this place that badly (badge gear), but the T5.5 guilds on our server (MHJ just cleared, part way through BT) said it was pretty easy 1 shotting everything except for a healer DC in the middle of the curator (sorry 2nd boss) fight.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics