first time in

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

first time in

Postby Pillar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:19 am

so last night was my first "real" kara run (i did one boss- maiden- last week with guild when someone left and i was able to sub in). we did attumen, and also did moroes. we had disconnect problems as we got to maiden, so we called it. i was the OT, definitely not geared enough to be MT yet.

so my question here is about moroes- me and the MT stayed on him the whole time. we were fighting for top aggro on him while the others banished one, trapped another, and burned the other 2 down. as me and the MT (he was a warrior) fought for aggro, the MT died. After this, i was left with top spot on the chart, and fought moroes myself. while we won, i definitely don't have the gear to go toe-to-toe with moroes yet. i have 489 defense, 20 resilience or so- is this enough to make me uncrittable? i seemed to be taking massive damage, but this may have been due to crushing blows as opposed to crits (didnt have the time to sit there and analyze at the time). also, i was having problems holding the aggro. i did it, but had to bubble 1 person one time, and use righteous defense once or twice. when i get major spellpower to weapon, will this help hold aggro? thanks!
Last edited by Pillar on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pillar

Postby Impervium » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 am

Grats on maintaining second threat on Moroes. I find off-tanking way harder then MTing.

Those times you lost moroes, was it because the DPS pulled aggro or because you got Gouged?
Impervium

Postby Pillar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 am

i think two times were gouged, but one time was DPS broke it (trying to burn him down since MT was out).
Pillar

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:28 am

If you're taking a ton of damage, it's most probably because you're NOT uncrushable. The 20 resilience makes up for the lack of defense, yes.

As for aggro: Moroes will gouge the highest on his threat list, turn to the second highest and beat on them until the highest breaks out of gouge. There's really no way around it, unless you're quick with Blessing of Sacrifice on the second highest on the threat list.

All of your +sd should come from your weapon. With the 2.3 badge rewards, you can also get +sd from some item slots ... But basically, for starters, a continuum blade or crystalforged sword with +40sd on it should carry you through Karazhan. Use consumables also, and elixirs/flasks if you need to.
Last edited by guillex on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Pillar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 am

i have changed my talent spec to one of the advised on here. it just hasnt updated there yet, lol. i found out in a hurry that i had my talents allocated wrong, lol.

i have the continuum blade. working on getting that enchant for it.
Pillar

Postby Impervium » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 am

I don't see any point in holy on Pillar's build. Only a few minor steps away from the cookie cutter build. No spell warding or imp judgement, has Guardian's Favor and Imp Hammer instead.
Impervium

Postby Pillar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:35 am

i use to be 5/56/0, and he must still be seeing that somehow.
Pillar

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 am

On your sig
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:15 am

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:On your sig

This. Edited my original post.

Bunch of haters you are. :(
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Pillar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:31 am

so we got to maiden and were going to try it with 7 people (3 Dc's). this may seem like a newby question, but im going to ask anyways- i was told to watch 2 people and cleanse them if they ever got hit with holy fire (i think thats the right spell), and to help OH. They never got hit with anything i could cleanse- how do u tell if someone is hit with this spell?
Pillar

Postby Impervium » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:07 am

If your guild uses Deadly Boss Mods it will announce who gets Holy Fired. If your guild doesn't, I highly recommend rectifying that. Also decursive will highlight people you can Cleanse. Lastly, don't forget to Blessing of Sacrifice the tank if you're the only Pally. Otherwise cast it on one of the melee dps (If any).
Impervium

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 am

Deadly boss mod and decursive are the best tools you can use.

Decursive will show you squares for each players. When you can cleanse something, the square will become red. Just click on that square and it will cleanse the person.
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Deadly boss mod and decursive are the best tools you can use.

Decursive will show you squares for each players. When you can cleanse something, the square will become red. Just click on that square and it will cleanse the person.

Just noticed you're from Montreal... De ou, exactement? :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Deadly boss mod and decursive are the best tools you can use.

Does it filter unstable affliction? I keep getting decursive® healers that can't heal me for 6+ seconds in mech
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:

Does it filter unstable affliction? I keep getting decursive® healers that can't heal me for 6+ seconds in mech

No. It just gives you a visual cue for cleansing.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Next

Return to Karazhan