Remove Advertisements

Phail McSuckalot's (Hon's) Guide to Tankadining Karazhan

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How enjoyable was this?

It Mcsuckedalot.
54%
It Mcsuckedalittle.
46%

Total votes : 26

Postby TheHonage » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:37 pm

I just completely redid it. Its up now -- tell me your thoughs.

BTW Snake, your signature is wrong. It would be correctly translate as "Anything in Lating seems deep." "Anything in latin sounds deep" sould use the verb audientur.
TheHonage

Postby Everlight » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:53 pm

TheHonage wrote:Everlight, can I add those and credit you? I'm redoing it atm, and hopefully it won't be quite as ugly this time.

Sure, I put them there so you could do so :)
Everlight

Postby TheHonage » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Everlight, I love you. Have my babies. Mooooving on, I JUST GOT A NEW WOW ACCOUNT! WOOT! EVIL HACKERS YOU LOST THIS TIME! MUHHAHAHHAHAHA!
TheHonage

Postby Sthallas » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Also move Nightbane to between Opera and Curator where he belongs.
Sthallas

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Sthallas wrote:Also move Nightbane to between Opera and Curator where he belongs.
Oh, the guys that need this guide don't know it yet :p Shhhh!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby TheHonage » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 pm

I moved it. My bad -- its just the order my former guild killed them in. 7 30 - 10 is all other than nightbane. next night is nightbane.
TheHonage

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 am

Also Maiden makes little difference, your threat should basically be unaffected by the silences, screws with your rotation a little but basically silence = GCD, meaning you wouldn't be casting in that time anyway :D

Open with shield, judge crusader cast vengence + pop holy shield on the run into her (no silence), then drop consecration, and cycle vengence, shield and consecration, the silence will have such a minimal effect that its really not worth worrying about. If you have a paladin healer get them to BoSacrafice you, or if someone else is tanking BoSacrafice the tank so that you can heal through repentance.

Paladin is just as preferable here as anyone else, because its not really a threat fight.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby TheHonage » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 am

@2ndNin

Your DPS or my lag is obviously not very good. It takes at least 2 seconds of button smashing to get the cast off. Since it is a short fight (2 minutes) Burst owns on it -- even more than longer fights like shade (almost 5 minutes) or prince (almost 6 minutes). My burst DPS find a big difference. (Another guild Main Tankadin finds the same) Assuming 2 seconds lapse time before the beginning of 8 second cycle (I've checking this, it seems around average for me), you essentially LOSE an entire threat cycle every 4 cycles. In a 2 minute fight this is 3 entire threat cycles (and 24 seconds of NO holy shield) -- in a 3 minute fight it is 4.5 threat cycles. Thats THOUSANDS of threat lost. I can come up with exact numbers if you want.
TheHonage

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 am

Holy shield should basically never be down, you lose 1s / 2s in this fight, so your gcd is effectively slightly longer, it does mess with the rotation but not much, I still get nearly a full rotation in bar occasionally needing to wait 1s to get a seal recast. I was originally worried about this, but just watch your cooldowns, and mash buttons a lot and it seems to work well.

Our dps are normally good, ~ 2min maiden kills, normally I finish the fight with 70-120K aggro, the top dps in the range 50-70k (428 spell damage + crusader judged on the way in). Never had any threat issues as the dps remember get stunned dropping their dps for ~ 10 every repentance (1-2 in a 2 min fight?). None of the dps are salvationed for these runs anymore so that would make it even easier.

Much as I like to mock our dps even with me AoEing the whole place they normally come in at ~ 2x my damage, which considering how much damage consecration throws out on packs of 8+ mobs is nice. Your lag might be bad, you should never lose more than 1s per silence on your rotation, which can be nicely eaten by the GCD on anything but Judging (note don't cast AS in combat, it just wastes 2.5s of time as you can't get clear time to cast). Vengence, Consc, HS and Wrath are the staples in this fight.

Will trust you maths, I have never seemed to lose that, or have issues with the burst dps at all, have slight problem with a few mages and a ret pally as they start dpsing before I hit the targets, but that could be because they get threat before I do. When I get to pull I have never seen the threat rotation on this boss as an issue as the silence is quite nicely timed normally to sit in my gcds.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby TheHonage » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 am

I use a strange strat for it :( So long as no dps are dangerously low I just run around waking em all up as her Holy Ground draggs around with her as she follows me.
TheHonage

Postby Catriona » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:51 pm

'Spite can't be exorcised anymore.

Personally I don't get it - obviously undead dragon here - but they changed him so you can't.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby TheHonage » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Meh, I'm getting too old :( /wishes his level 12 was 70. Miss my old tankadin. Havent done netherspite in months on him anyway.
TheHonage

Postby Cearn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 am

Catriona wrote:'Spite can't be exorcised anymore.

Personally I don't get it - obviously undead dragon here - but they changed him so you can't.

He is undead? oO
Who said he was undead?
He was never even classified being undead.
He's your typical Netherdragon from next door.
Cearn

Previous

Return to Karazhan