Remove Advertisements

Threat Anomolies?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Arcand » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Quarm wrote:This past week I got nailed with the "WTF I GOT ENFEEBLED?!?!" bug also, but didn't realize what had happened since I was CLEARLY leading the threat meter and we were' rockin him hard.

BAM
dead.

I had no clue how I got enfeebled, and nobody else could figure it out either.

It may not even have been in your combat log. I got instagibbed by him once, the timing was about right for it to be at the phase transition but I couldn't find anything about 'afflicted by Enfeeble' - in fact there was no record of him even hitting me. I was at about 85%, took a heal that brought me to 100% and an instant later it said 'You die.'

Very odd.
Arcand

Postby Nicki » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:09 pm

i got enfeebled once its a common occurance for tanks to randomly get enfeeble in p2...I had dodge gear on (which gimped my threat) and i popped moroes but i died none the less.../sigh
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Regan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:12 am

I have been enfeebled a couple times, even when - according to omen - I have had a rather comfortable threat lead.

Might have been the purported IRF bug (is this fixed or not?).
Regan

Postby Kurindal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:28 am

I've noticed something as well...

Prior to the patch my paladin was putting out 800 TPS, minimum,now it seems I struggle when I'm tanking, and it's mainly MGT these days, to stay above 550 with RF up.
Kurindal

Postby Kethion » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:44 am

Shirak wrote:I have found on certain mobs that just because I am in range to melee, I may not be in range to hit with consecrate. Prince is a great example. Against the wall, he stops at melee range, but he is outside of consecrate range, you have to take a couple steps closer.

If their threat is suddenly much lower than it should be, have them get closer to the boss/mob and see if it suddenly goes up.
I tried tanking Magtheridon just a few days ago, and I can say my threat looked as if it was down the tubes for no apparent reason.. against a demon... Anyway after the first attempt, (which ended badly due to the ceiling falling in followed by a hit and a cleave) I realized my consecration wasn't even reaching the damn thing. It turns out you have to be right on the rim of his selection circle for it to hit apparently :X
Kethion

Postby Nicki » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 am

Kurindal wrote:I've noticed something as well...

Prior to the patch my paladin was putting out 800 TPS, minimum,now it seems I struggle when I'm tanking, and it's mainly MGT these days, to stay above 550 with RF up.

thats called looking at omen its not a real number...

Chances are this is after the combat log overhaul which makes it easier to read?

Thus these numbers are probably -accurate- and the numbers before were somewhat skewed.

My guess is you have around 300>--400+dmg and dont judge crusader.
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Kurindal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 am

it's the seond thing I judge every time.
Kurindal

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations