Remove Advertisements

Results of the Patch.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Results of the Patch.

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:28 am

My question is, now that 2.4 has hit the shelves, are any of your guilds going to be moving Hyjal into your raid schedules?

I know our guild is going to at some point, even though we haven't down Kael'Thas. Our reasoning is just to generate a little more interest in raiding as we've been a little low on attendance lately. I was a little skeptical about repercussions of them removing attunements, but I think this will help us revive our dwindling raid attendance.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby sanctifico » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:42 am

To be fair, JKael is harder than 1-3 in MH and 1-4 in BT. So if your butting heads with Kael, you might as well go for the easy kills in MH and BT.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Hiroko » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:43 am

We are.

Patch timing has turned out to be really lucky for us.

We killed Vashj a month or so ago, killed Kael'Thas for the first time last week.
Composition of the raids meant we didn't yet have enough attuned to do MH.
Killed Vashj again this Sunday, going for Kael tonight.
If we down him quick enough we are in MH tonight.

If not, we go into MH fulltime next week, and will revisit Vashj/Kael at a later time to get people vials for their rings.

Patch timing has meant we don't have to go thro SSC/TK attuning the entire guild for MH, but we can do it at our leisure when we have groups of 'unattuned' people available - plenty still want T5 helm/chest anyway.

Most of the guild is sick to the back teeth of both SSC and TK - we have spent way too long in there - and we're expecting MH/BT to raise morale drastically.
Last edited by Hiroko on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiroko

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:45 am

Vashj and Kael'thas are significantly harder than the first few bosses in Hyjal or BT. Really, they seem to require more raid coordination than anything my guild has seen so far in T6 content. Most of the bosses we've fought have gone down the first night we've tried them. Vashj and Kael took weeks.

But yeah, everything until Archimonde in Hyjal and Gurtogg in BT isn't too bad (Gorefiend is a pushover if everyone knows how to handle the constructs).

Oh, and have a feral druid tank Azgalor. He can't crush.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:09 am

Well, personally I am a completist, so I would prefer that we finished SSC and TK before moving on, but I just don't know that it's practical. We aren't butting heads with Kael'Thas so much as butting heads with having enough raid attendance to make it happen.

The only thing that makes me wary of doing it this way is that we won't ever go back and finish. The same thing happened with Magtheridon. The guild was trying him at the same time as Lurker and once we downed Lurker we got on a roll in SSC and left Mag unkilled to this day.

I want my f'in titles dammit.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Koln » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:19 am

Hiroko wrote:Most of the guild is sick to the back teeth of both SSC and TK - we have spent way too long in there - and we're expecting MH/BT to raise morale drastically.

This.
Koln

Postby Loganb1104 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 am

If they're sick of SSC/TK, just wait til' they get a load of Hyjal trash... yech.
Loganb1104

Postby ulushnar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 am

We're gonna be poking our noses into Hyjal on Thursday, see how it goes, and then BT on Saturday afternoon.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Drak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:11 am

We're just gonna keep farming hyjal until everyone has their exalted rings/loot they want. Doesn't really change much for us. Though I have to agree that everything but archimonde is easier than Vashj / Kael. However, having the shadow res neck helped a LOT on kaz'rogal and azgalor before we got shadow sets made. Even that little bit of SR helped us on our first couple kills. Once you get full shadow sets though it's pretty funny. last week on azgalor we had 3 marks of death resist in a row so I /danced with the tauren warriors for a while.
Drak

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am

What kind of gear requirement would it take from everyone to clear the first few bosses in hyjal and first couple in BT?

Our guild has been farming 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK for a while, and most of the raid is fairly well geared other than loot from the two bosses left. Our MT has about 21k hps fully buffed and OT's have around 19-20k (warriors and pallys). Healers are all sitting around 1900-2k and dps ranges from 750-1200.

Just curious what kind of results we can expect.
Holyfuri

Postby inthedrops » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:15 am

We *just* killed A'lar for the first time last night. Which makes my guild 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK. I am almost certain we plan on spending time in hyjal.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Loganb1104 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:25 am

Rage Winterchill is the new Solarian (and the trash is her adds)
Naj'entus is the new Lurker Below
Supremus is the new Lootreaver
Akama is the new Tidewalker
Anatheron is a joke too...

ALL of these fights are far easier than Kael and Vashj, and the only reason why I didn't put Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, and Gorefiend on the list is because they will probably be a bit harder to learn without the BT necklace... well, maybe.

Enjoy your easy loots. :-P
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Drak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 am

Holyfuri wrote:What kind of gear requirement would it take from everyone to clear the first few bosses in hyjal and first couple in BT?

Our guild has been farming 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK for a while, and most of the raid is fairly well geared other than loot from the two bosses left. Our MT has about 21k hps fully buffed and OT's have around 19-20k (warriors and pallys). Healers are all sitting around 1900-2k and dps ranges from 750-1200.

Just curious what kind of results we can expect.

With that, you should definately be able to do the first few bosses if not more, though I still strongly suggest going back at some point to get your rings and necklaces as a 15 min hearthstone set to BT is hot. :p
Drak

Postby Dianora » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:If they're sick of SSC/TK, just wait til' they get a load of Hyjal trash... yech.

Hyjal trash isn't too bad. The whole Hyjal seem easy now that I've been here for over 5 weeks.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Loganb1104 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Dianora wrote:Hyjal trash isn't too bad. The whole Hyjal seem easy now that I've been here for over 5 weeks.

It's not so much that it's bad, as it's monotonous. 8 waves... boss... 8 waves... boss... repeat.

Nevermind the fact that if you mess up and wipe on the 8th wave or if someone falls asleep looking at their mana bar on Kaz'rogal you have to do EVERY FRIGGIN WAVE over again. :-/

Having a pally tank does make Hyjal trash much more bearable, though.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal