Karazhan - Shade of Aran

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby adese » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:23 am

Yes, Mages can CS Aran. Note that if they have Imp CS, they will get a message saying that he is Immune - this only means that he is immune to the improved effects, not to the CS itself. That confused us for a while, but we ended up figuring it out eventually.

If there are three other healers in the raid besides me (I am usually a tank), then I'll use my dps gear and melee Aran to keep JoW up. If the healers have trouble, I'll stand back and heal, but IMO I am more useful keeping the Judgement up and doing a little DPS than healing when we don't really need it.
adese

Postby anariana » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:59 am

I usually slip into a mix of heal/stamina/resist gear (preferably with 4/5 pieces of Righteous for the decreased CD on our taunt) and spam FoL when needed to provide a small boost to the healing. When the elementals come I use taunt, avenger shield and JoR if needed to tank as many of them as possible ( with Frost Resist Aura). Once I got their aggro I heal myself and re-taunt if needed.
anariana

Postby Airadin » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Much love for this board :)

I have a bit of a quandry.

My guild has hit Aran and we honestly are struggling with him. I'm usually in healbot form since no tanking in Aran. We've routinely got him down to about 17% but can't seem to finish him off; the elementals just rip us to shreds.

Party make up looks like this:

Prot Pally <me> (healing)
Prot Warrior <in dps gear> (doing interrupts)
Holy Priest
Holy Priest
Fire Mage
Frost Mage (kinda underggeared doing interrupts)
Rogue (kinda undergeared doing interrupts)
Enhancement shammy
Feral Druid
Feral Druid

You'll notice no warlock. Is this possible to do without a warlock involved. If So, how do you keep the adds tied up? they appear to pop and go focused fire straight after the first one holy priest, then the other killing them before anyone has a chance to react. As Apally, I can try Judgement of justice or trying to grab agro, but they appear to be immune to most and don't change agro easily.

I'm really at a loss here, anyone have any suggestions?

Airadin
Bandits Reborn
Whisperwind
Airadin

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Erk, that's rough. They can be tanked, I'd try picking them up and tanking them. I've never done it without a warlock there.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Rhaenys » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 pm

We downed Shade for the first time on Fri night, and we dont have a lock. Our biggest problem with him was the ele's.

We have 2 Pally's (holy, prot) and each of us run Frost Resist (dif groups). Provided you have a good lead on Shade's mana (health being at least 10% lower than mana) when the ele's spawn, try to burn them down quickly. If you dont have much of a lead on his mana, you may want to wait it out and take a sheep/pyro so you can heal up before the ele's.

Since the ele's really dont move much, interupting their spells will force them into melee, and have a someone pick them up, to burn down. That way, with an ill timed flame wreath, melee can still hit them. Also, try to cc the non-burn targets as much as possible (hammer, fears, etc), as it will help give you that added cushion as you burn them down.

It is tricky and a pain. But they do die fast enough if everyone focuses on them one at a time.

We will be attempting him on Fri night again.
Rhaenys

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Airadin, I recommend you either:

- With Spiritual Focus, run Conc and just spam consecrate on the portals while you heal

- Without SF, just wear full +dmg gear, sow/jow on the boss and spam consecrate to grab imps
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Everlight » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:38 pm

PsiVen wrote:Airadin, I recommend you either:

- With Spiritual Focus, run Conc and just spam consecrate on the portals while you heal

- Without SF, just wear full +dmg gear, sow/jow on the boss and spam consecrate to grab imps

There's portals and imps on the Shade of Aran fight???

:P
Everlight

Postby adese » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:22 am

Everlight wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Airadin, I recommend you either:

There's portals and imps on the Shade of Aran fight???

:P

Maybe he's talking about the Heroic version. ;)
adese

Previous

Return to Karazhan