Infernals at Magtheridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Infernals at Magtheridon

Postby Songblade » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:39 pm

So the infernals are supposed to be CCed during the Mag fight, but our guild is a bit short on warlocks (we have like 2-3) so I was wondering if there was a way to possibly tank a good bunch of the infernals instead of CCing them.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:26 pm

We had this issue when we were attempting them. They were too spread out to really be controllable by a tank. The only thing we could think of was having an off tank or two gather them up and take them to our other tanks, but we never got it to work properly.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Just wait until tomorrow and you won't have to worry about that anymore.
Bryne

Postby Songblade » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:08 pm

What happens then?

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 pm

patch 2.4

They've changed quite a few aspects of the Magtheridon fight.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:59 am

Yes you can.

Hunters can trap 1 each, and its pretty reliable.

In badge gear (see my armoury) you can tank 2 channelers + 2 infernals pretty easily (though tbh I normally don't plan to tank the infernals, they just run through consc).

Only the first 1-2 tanks should be tanking infernals (anyone after this will start to take more damage), and ideally if you are tanking Magtheridon take 2 channelers at the start, means 1 less tank and you take more damage so your mana stays up a little more, being oom when maggie pops is a bad plan.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 am

Is 2.4 really today?
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 am

yes.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 am

Yes the patch is today, but even though it's nostalgic at this point I will comment to the OP.

Yes you can tank infernals. We successfully downed mag with only one lock, and no rogues/dps warriors/shaman for interrupts. Granted we are working on Kael/Vashj, but it is possibly.

I tanked the infernals and had a couple other tanks help me round them up. We also brought 9 healers in there because that's what we had on at the time. I could hold as many infernals as they could bring me, just keep them away from the group, the AOE blast wave they do is nasty to anyone but a tank.

Given this, it was still rough. For a progressing guild in there it would be near impossible to do without the locks/hunters. That's probably why they are changing it, lol.
Holyfuri

Re: Infernals at Magtheridon

Postby ldeboer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:23 am

Songblade wrote:So the infernals are supposed to be CCed during the Mag fight, but our guild is a bit short on warlocks (we have like 2-3) so I was wondering if there was a way to possibly tank a good bunch of the infernals instead of CCing them.

You can do with 3 locks and 2 hunters and 2 OT's with a revised strat.

You 2 OT parties are lock, hunter, 1 or 2 healers and the OT

At start get each hunter to MD one channeler to each OT as they directly engage there target. So each OT has 2 channelers. Each OT will have a lock and hunter to control the infernals.

MT engages his channeller with main raid and kills it. You are keeping this away from the OT's ones so they cant cross heal each other. If you have a 3rd lock you can banish infernal else MT and raid burn it.

MT grabs 1 channeller off an OT brings it towards raid and you burn it.
MT grabs 1 channeler off opposite OT brings it to raid and you burn it.

MT gets in position to engage Mag both OT's still have 1 channeller

Raid moves to one OT channeller and burns it
Raid moves to other OT channeler and burns it

Strat requires only 2 or 3 locks and only 3 tanks.
ldeboer

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:49 am

There's not much of a "strat" left for this fight's infernals, you'll veryrarely see more than 3.
I'm usually a channeler tank and after that i'm useless. I just go and walk around making sure they come to me as they spawn and go back to my pretty cube,
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:There's not much of a "strat" left for this fight's infernals, you'll veryrarely see more than 3.
I'm usually a channeler tank and after that i'm useless. I just go and walk around making sure they come to me as they spawn and go back to my pretty cube,

A moderate just starting guild will usually have 4 up right after the death of the first channeller. And yes they will go straight after the healers if not controlled.

But as per this suggestion OT tanks can also help control infernals although with a 3 tank strat the number of infernals up by the time the OT is free will be minimal.
ldeboer

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag