Remove Advertisements

Why I am better for Leo?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Why I am better for Leo?

Postby Revnightroad » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:09 pm

I heard from both this forum and some of the guys on my sever that pally tanks are great tanks for Leo, but I have been having some difficultly finding what makes a pally better for Leo.
Rev. Nightroad-70 Blood Elf Paladin of the Dalaran Sever, Main Tankadin of Checkmate
Revnightroad

Postby Koln » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:31 pm

Leo's aggro dump after the whirlwind makes it difficult to grab/keep him quickly. Avenger's Shield and Righteous Defense are both ranged tools that let us get aggro.
Koln

Postby Lev » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Never recognized, that he is tauntable oO

I always try to have 5 stacks of SoV on him, then 1 sec beforde whirlwind ends, i cast AS, judge vengeance and he's mine :)
Lev

Postby Koln » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Lev wrote:Never recognized, that he is tauntable oO

I've unfortunately found it to not be that useful cause that fight is so chaotic. Healers are healing people with the whirlwind debuff and dps are ZOMG!Meterz. Why does dps don't stop when they see the boss not stick to the tank? :-P

Having said that, I have used the taunt effectively a couple of times, but AS and HoW are the winners here.
Koln

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Uuhhhhhhh... Leo is not tauntable.

Searing totems work great for getting him back to the middle tho.
Invisusira

Postby Koln » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Invisusira wrote:Uuhhhhhhh... Leo is not tauntable.

I could've swore I taunted him a couple of times. Meh, what do I know :-)
Koln

Postby Revnightroad » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Lev wrote:
I always try to have 5 stacks of SoV...judge vengeance :)

If I had it, i would.
Rev. Nightroad-70 Blood Elf Paladin of the Dalaran Sever, Main Tankadin of Checkmate
Revnightroad

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am

Revnightroad wrote:
Lev wrote:
I always try to have 5 stacks of SoV...judge vengeance :)

If I had it, i would.

SoV is definitely not great for that fight.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:36 am

I can see it being applied while the warlock tanks, I guess o.O But you need the burst much more.

All I know is that I failed this encounter. The other two warriors always grabbed him, and when one of them died, the other took over alone. Something very wrong happened with my attempts to grab aggro.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Koln » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:01 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Something very wrong happened with my attempts to grab aggro.

Here are some key points that enabled our raid to succeed. Hopefully they help :

1) Hunter misdirections clearly are useful here. Initial pull certainly so you can put Leo in a good spot for subsequent whirlwinds, but the more you have the more it helps future transitions.

2) I always tanked him in the middle of that little hill between the stairs and the big cave column. This gives all the dps room to avoid Leo by running to the walls. Warlock tanked him from the top of the stairs.

3) Your DPS should not be putting dots on during the whirlwind, and should stop dps a few seconds before whirlwind ends. Hopefully they know to not start dps till they see the shield connect and subsequent consecration.

4) DPS should stop dots at 10 sec, and all dps at ~3 sec before demon phase ends. This way you can grab him and move to location mentioned in #2.

Really, if people aren't running bigwigs/deadly boss mods, and/or you don't have anyone in vent calling dps off at the right time, it's going to be *very* difficult to control this fight.
Koln

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 am

It's not them, Leo isn't going wild on the dpsers, that part is just perfect. It's really me, for the other two tanks have 0 problem grabbing him. I tried timing AS as soon as he was on the 1-sec-left, so it'd connect after the drop..but it didn't work. Same for judgement, he'd go to a searing totem, then to me for a split second(if at all) and then to a warrior tank.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vagrant » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Obliterating your inner demon in a blink of eye and having plenty of time to stack up SoV while waiting for demon phase to end sounds about justifiable in addition to the previous notes.
Vagrant

Postby Koln » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It's not them, Leo isn't going wild on the dpsers, that part is just perfect. It's really me, for the other two tanks have 0 problem grabbing him. I tried timing AS as soon as he was on the 1-sec-left, so it'd connect after the drop..but it didn't work. Same for judgement, he'd go to a searing totem, then to me for a split second(if at all) and then to a warrior tank.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you're helping control Leo till a warrior can latch onto him the raid still wins.
Koln

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Koln wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:It's not them, Leo isn't going wild on the dpsers, that part is just perfect. It's really me, for the other two tanks have 0 problem grabbing him. I tried timing AS as soon as he was on the 1-sec-left, so it'd connect after the drop..but it didn't work. Same for judgement, he'd go to a searing totem, then to me for a split second(if at all) and then to a warrior tank.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you're helping control Leo till a warrior can latch onto him the raid still wins.
It is when the RL notices he's never more than a half second on you and tells you you're not doing your job as a tank.
I'll just ask for a shadow priest the next time... Damn all fights there kinda require mana that I don't have with pots alone. blessed be the Mana Salves.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Tips for leo:

Do not shield throw or judgement UNTIL you see him target a searing totem OR target someone after the WW. Its very easy to toss right before the threat dump.

WEAR DAMAGE GEAR.
The stat priorities are: Uncrittable, ~16-18k hp buffed, THREAT.
Uncrushable is not needed nor required. (*though its helpful if you can pick it up)

USE DAMAGE FOOD/ELIXERS/OILS, JUDGE CRUSADER

obvious

ASK TO BE PLACED IN GROUPS THAT MAX YOUR THREAT:
(*shammy spelldmg totems, ret aura, shadow priest, BM Hunter)

I generally run this fight with 450 spelldmg, crusader, and my T5 Threat trinket. Leo shoots straight for me unless a dps has a deathwish.
DeadMilliken

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern