Harbinger Skyriss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Harbinger Skyriss

Postby Arcand » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Yes, point and laugh at the guy who still needs 5-man upgrades. :)

I'm going to be in Skyriss's face on a regular basis until he coughs up my Elementium Band of the Sentry, and I thought since he's annoying as all hell and you sometimes only get one shot at him he deserved an entry in here.

Skyriss hits like an asthmatic girl scout, and more importantly it spends so much time tossing spells that anti-melee gear is kind of a waste. I've been bringing my shadow gear and I'll be grabbing some shadow potions next time, too.

Kings on everybody. Amazingly enough not everyone has five-digit health, and it'll help them survive the zaps.

Hunter - have them drop snake traps. Sometimes Skyriss Mind Rends a snake, saving you 7200 damage.

Moonkin - have them summon their treants. Sometimes Skyriss Mind Rends a treant, saving you 7200 damage.

Frost Mage - have them summon their water elemental. Sometimes - yeah, you know.

Throw a raid mark on the real Skyriss, so everyone can tell who the clone is.

(The clone's Mind Rend doesn't seem to stun you while it's on; last night I'm 90% sure I was hitting the clone while he zapped me...?)

Apparently Counterspell and Kick don't interrupt the rend, which makes me very sad.

Any other tips for dropping this godawful boss would be most welcome. (I'm currently 2/5 on Arcatraz, which would be my worst full-clear/attempt ratio of any instance if it weren't for Blackrock Depths, where I'm more like 3/30.)
Arcand

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Pretty much you have to pray that your healer doesn't suck :/
Jensaarai

Re: Harbinger Skyriss

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Arcand wrote: Sometimes - yeah, you know.

Same with elemental shamans, their fire totem is quite useful.

Having a second class that can heal if needed is handy for those annoying double rends.

Try to not pug it... ever.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 am

Hunter's Snake Trap works amazingly well on Skyriss if you have one. The little snakes eat up a lot of possible Mind Flays.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Thels » Wed May 23, 2007 7:04 am

Probably the nonheroic boss that gives me the most headache, and yes, I want that same ring. It's the only raidgead upgrade I could use for tanking from regular 5 man instances, though I could use some parts for normal 5 man tanking (Righteous Head/Chest for example) and some healing parts.

I've had several occasions where the pug I was in gave up, making me replace them by guildies and bring it down rather easymode. Failed once due to respawns, but then I was a replacement myself.

The mobs in front of him are really easy, as long as everyone understands how to hug. Unfortunately, even after exdplaining, most pug healers run away from you, even if you try to hug him, and even the hunter meleeing the mob doesn't trick them.

As for the boss itself, it's pretty hard to tank him before the 1st split, but once he splits, have the DPS focus on the split, while you tank the main away from it. Split doesn't need to be tanked.

His melee DPS is laughable. Ditch that tanking gear and equip your Spell Damage gear. Do NOT be afraid to toss heals left and right during this fight, preferably on others instead of yourself, since you waste mana coming in from SA then.

I'm so glad you can ninja Trial of the Naaru for this instance.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Lore » Wed May 23, 2007 7:35 am

Thels wrote:I'm so glad you can ninja Trial of the Naaru for this instance.

Not anymore.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics