Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Frickit » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:27 pm

My first time ever seeing NB was the first time I have ever maintanked in kara.
I straight up tanked him and just took the fears and skeles all.

One time only the fear caused a partial wipe in which we pushed on and got him to 8%. that was due to my inexperience with positioning.
Second attempt with me tanking we nailed it. It was no problem coming back from the fears and preventing any tail lashes on the raid. It was a fun fight that didnt require me to do anything special.

I suggested using the bubble macro here...and I suggested later that night at the Bear boss in ZA... my new guild leader was dead set against ever using my bubbles in a raid, is that just old school thinking and can I convince them that its a good fear break or taunting method? (havent tried the clearaura macro yet myself)
Frickit

Postby Catriona » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Frickit wrote:My first time ever seeing NB was the first time I have ever maintanked in kara.
I straight up tanked him and just took the fears and skeles all.

One time only the fear caused a partial wipe in which we pushed on and got him to 8%. that was due to my inexperience with positioning.
Second attempt with me tanking we nailed it. It was no problem coming back from the fears and preventing any tail lashes on the raid. It was a fun fight that didnt require me to do anything special.

I suggested using the bubble macro here...and I suggested later that night at the Bear boss in ZA... my new guild leader was dead set against ever using my bubbles in a raid, is that just old school thinking and can I convince them that its a good fear break or taunting method? (havent tried the clearaura macro yet myself)

If you're going to tank something and use a bubble for whatever reason it would be best for you to get the macro. I had one time where I had so many buffs that I couldn't find the DS one to click off, and it killed half my raid. I never made that mistake again.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Lachdanan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:56 am

I got a question

If i bubble myself to get rid of the fear, wont i lose the agro?

if so, how do u regain it fast enough to prevent a wype?
Lachdanan lvl 70 Human Paladin
Ravenholdt - US
Lachdanan

Postby Thanehand » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:02 am

No.

While Bubble is on, it merely removes you from the Aggro table. The boss will go to someone else. As soon as you remove it (preferably instantly) you get put back into the aggo table.

Now: if you are at the top, you will regain aggro immediately.

If you are still in melee range, and have 110%+ threat of the person with current aggro, you'll get it back again

If you are now out of melee range (too slow clearing bubble..) and you have 130%+ threat of the person with current aggro, you'll get it back.
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Morningrise » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 am

Shirak wrote:As stated you don't need any macros or pvp trinkets.

When I tank it we break the group into two groups and split the healers between the two groups. We place one group on each side a max range. When you get feared you will always move towards one group. Then get your back to the wall and turn him. Great place to pop the pocket watch is after the fear when you are getting him turned again.

After the air phase, I hit with with Ex. before he lands then go to town. Misdirect is always a plus if you have a hunter in the group.
I tanked Nightbane on Friday & we do it pretty much the same way as Shirak here. We had a priest, so I got 2 Fear Wards during the fight. I also used my bubble macro (cast & cancelaura). I don't even have a PvP trinket yet, so I just stuck with my current stuff. We also had a hunter for MD.

IMO considering the group makeup, the hardest part of the fight is getting him spun around after the air phase. When he lands I hit both Exorcism and Judge Righteousness at the same time to get my threat boost. The spin is hard because it's close quarters & very hard to see. Comms were good because the RL could direct me which way to go (it was my first time tanking it so I didn't have 'the feel' yet).
Morningrise

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:01 am

I would just like to say I have since recieved a great many upgrades and tanked nightbane successfully many times. I did not need the bubble macro other than extremely rarely, I usually just soak the fear. A priest and a shaman that knows his timing makes this fight a joke. Still doable without either though with good healers and smart dps.

On a side note I switched mains recently because I love to tank with my pally so much. My rogue is benched now probably until the expansion =)
Holyfuri

Postby Drat » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:17 am

Did it yesterday with my bubble and 1 fear ward. It was a pug and dps wasnt he best, there was a few fears per phase. it wasnt really a problem though, i got hit for 7.5k crushings a couple of times from my back but its nothing too serious as long as you dont fear out of los.. actually got fed up with being guild offtank so went in with a pug as MT and cleared the place. one in the eye for the GM who still doesnt think pallys are anything other than trash tanks :)
Drat

Previous

Return to Karazhan