Remove Advertisements

Trashs

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dorvan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 am

Dianora wrote:
Dorvan wrote:By the way, anyone else love Wrathbone Flayers, the skeletons on the way to Gorefiend? Our tanks like to use them as AFK/situational awareness checks on the raid ;)

Since they're undead, we tank them very well. I tend to be considered of others and drag them to the wall away from the other raid member.

Oh, I never meant to imply that they're hard to tank...just that our tanks use them to make people think twice before going afk on Gorefiend trash ;)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:38 am

Dorvan wrote:
Dianora wrote:
Dorvan wrote:By the way, anyone else love Wrathbone Flayers, the skeletons on the way to Gorefiend? Our tanks like to use them as AFK/situational awareness checks on the raid ;)

Since they're undead, we tank them very well. I tend to be considered of others and drag them to the wall away from the other raid member.

Oh, I never meant to imply that they're hard to tank...just that our tanks use them to make people think twice before going afk on Gorefiend trash ;)

Like I said, my life and repair bill are in the hands of my healers, so I tend to be more considered.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dorvan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:45 am

Dianora wrote:Like I said, my life and repair bill are in the hands of my healers, so I tend to be more considered.

It's usually casters that suffer my wrath (and random afk people)...though I did make an exception when one of our Warriors was healing on his Priest

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Dianora wrote:Like I said, my life and repair bill are in the hands of my healers, so I tend to be more considered.

It's usually casters that suffer my wrath (and random afk people)...though I did make an exception when one of our Warriors was healing on his Priest

Speaking of Wrathbone Flayer, I've noticed that it always behave weirdly when I tank it. Generally, we have a pally tank it away from the raid to prevent it from cleaving everyone to death. Since other than cleave, it's not as high of priority as Bloodmage, we tend to not dps until the high priority target are dead.

However while I'm tanking him, he'll frequently move as if he's going after someone else, and sometimes completely ignorning me and going after someone else. Now, it's not actually targeting someone else, but it's moving away from me for some reason. At this time, I end up zapping it again with exorcism.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Aramadin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:41 am

Hi,

i just entered BT for the first time and figured we get some pratice on the trash with the soothsayers and generals.

Now i can safely say i got horribly fucked up. I grab both generals and try to LoS them with 2 healers on me and have another tank pick up what ever and CC the rest, but usually a general manages to get a free friend off and break cc ending up in me having a soothsayer on me usualyl resulting in me getting insta gibbed for some reason.

Can anyone explain the abilities on these mobs and how to deal with these packs properly?
Aramadin

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 am

Generals do a shout that will dispel CC from one of the mobs and make it immune for some seconds. It will also greatly boost their atk-cast speed.

Tank em far away.

We usually have 2 other tanks on generals down in the slope, i'm up and grab aggro from every mob so if they break CC they turn on me and don't aoe the raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:32 am

Those minielementals just after Naj'entus are easy pie. I go into the doorway, cast my frisbee, consecrate. All ranged stay at 30+ yards (so they dont get hit by the poison volleys) and all smart melee DPS hang back and slack. Those that run in will die of course. :P

As you already understood, all melee DPS die in that pull. ;)
Enkal

Postby Jikozani » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:11 am

I didn't know where to put this, for I searched and found no preexisting threads. I think it's interesting, especially after the recent debate on uncrittability.

Much to my surprise yesterday while clearing thrash on the way to the illidari council I saw a crit popping up on my screen. So I checked to make sure what gear I was wearing then went to my log and took a screenie

Then I checked the wws report of the day and found that I had taken a total of 8 crits from thrash mobs. And I can assure you, I was running with 505 defense on the thrash. I realised I have never noticed crits before but this could very well be cause I haven't tanked those Illidari Assasins before. I 'd guess they have added crit% ? Amazingly enough we didn't wipe btw.
Jikozani

Postby Levantine » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:06 am

TRASH
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 am

Don't worry, those specific mobs have higher crit chance. They crit my 550 defense quite often actually.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby arilink » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Talking about trashpacks the one in front of Naj'entus is giving me a headache.
Not the 2 giant elementals.
It's the group with 2 Coilskar Generals, 2 Coilskar Sea-Caller and 2 Aquenos Somewhats.
As far as I know it can also consist of Coilskar Soothsayers and Coilskar Harpooner + Turtle.
Well... the Coilskar Generals are the problem.
Wowwiki.com says about them:
Coilskar General - 71 elite humanoid. 300k hp. Can dispel CC on other mobs except for Sap, possibly LoS needed. Dispelling CC effects grants him and his allies the Booming Voice buff, which increases attack and casting speed by 238% each. Immune to CC. Melee for up to 5000 on plate. Their un-CC ability makes the mob briefly immune to CC. (NOTE: The spell they use to break the CC is called Fear Fiend and you can see the emote.)

So we left CC aside and tried tanking these Sea-Callers facing away from the raid, focussing on those Aquenos Thingys first and tanking the Generals aside.
However that does not just smell like epic fail ... it is.
The Generals will use their Booming Voice buff regardless if we tried to CC or not and 238% haste is pretty much death with with thse 6 mobs.

On the try on which we got them down, I'd say it was just pure luck.
The druid tanking 2 generals died so I picked them up.
Addionally to the 2 Sea-Callers.
Well I guess 5 healers started a desperate overheal and it somehow worked out but we wiped like 3 times before and this does not seem like a very viable strategy.

Would you give me an easier solution to it? ;)

Edit:
Uh oh, I should have read page 3 as well.
So you CC all Soothsayers and Elementals?
arilink

Postby Seloei » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:08 am

Ah, the killer combo. It's even worse if there is no hunters in the raid.

When that combo pops up, i grab both the elementals and pull them down the ramp (1 healer on me, one assisting at start). As soon as they are under the ramp and out of LoS from the generals, they get banished.

One of the warriors picks up both of the generals and just holds em until the end. The second warrior picks up the sea callers and turns them around. He stands where the 2 aqueous spawns patroll and faces them away from the raid.

3 healers on the general tank (the 3 palas that come each time), rest on raid healing and sea caller healing.

Sometimes we have a feral druid or two coming, then they pick up one general or caller.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:51 am

Simply one tank taunts the mobs when they break CC until they aren't immune again, that's about it.

Generals downstairs, rest of the mobs upstairs.

Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Black Temple