Remove Advertisements

Instance progression to get geared for heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Hierax » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:49 am

I've been following the 'standard' what to get where tank items -

Currently I'm about 7.4% away from uncrush, which is a Libram, Arc quest belt and Figurine of the Colossus away.....

However - everyone always mentions the S1 Gavel - and honor points. As a PvE tank, seeking PvE tank gear - how do you all get the S1 gavel ? (easily ??) Respec and do PvP ??? How much time does it take ? ... ? (I have yet to PvP - arena , BG's or other....)

- Note I have Crystalforged currently-

clueless PvP'er Morth

granted...I haven't even run a heroic yet - still not sure I can -

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Morthog
Hierax

Postby Tankznspankz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 am

Well, there comes a point in the life of a tankadin where he is simply over the crit/crush immune status.

And then you'll see a 1H Mace which is freakin fast, has tons of spelldmg and quite alot Stamina...

So you want to know how to grind honor ?
Queue for Alterac and tank whatever beats on you, or defend something its not that hard.
Last edited by Tankznspankz on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tankznspankz

Postby Mizak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:27 am

Hierax wrote:I've been following the 'standard' what to get where tank items -

Currently I'm about 7.4% away from uncrush, which is a Libram, Arc quest belt and Figurine of the Colossus away.....

However - everyone always mentions the S1 Gavel - and honor points. As a PvE tank, seeking PvE tank gear - how do you all get the S1 gavel ? (easily ??) Respec and do PvP ??? How much time does it take ? ... ? (I have yet to PvP - arena , BG's or other....)

clueless PvP'er Morth

No, don't respec, just do Battlegrounds as a prot pally, you're gonna suck as far as not being able to kill anyone really, but you will have uses.

In WSG, you can run the flag
In AB, you can guard flag nodes, because you are hard to kill, you can call for inc, and help can usually arrive b4 the enemy can capture the flag
In AV, same as in AB, you make a great guard for towers.
In EOTS, again, guarding flag nodes, or running the flag.

Really it's just a grind. The gavel costs 25,200 honor pts and 20 EOTS tokens. It's a lot of honor pts, no doubt, but you will eventually get it as long as you plug away at it. Some suggestions:

1) Pick up the daily BG quest every day and finish it, thats about an extra 400+ pts/day, or about 3,000 pts/week.
2) On weekends, try and do the bonus weekend BG to earn extra honor.
3) If not a weekend, and the queue isn't bad, run AV. AV will probably net you the highest pts/hour of any of the BGs....of course, this is server dependent, so test it first. As long as your group isn't getting steamrolled, you'll get good honor here.
4) Conversely, don't run WSG. It tends to have the lowest rate of return on honor, unless you are in a pre-made and steamroll, or it's the honor weekend for it.

You are right there isn't that much good stuff from BGs for tankadins, but a few items you can look to get is the gavel (obviously), the shield, and the PvP trinket.
Mizak

Postby mangos » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 am

Hierax wrote:I've been following the 'standard' what to get where tank items -

clueless PvP'er Morth

dw, even if u lose a bg, u still earn some h.p. from it. that's why ppl call pvp gear welfare epix.
for me it took about 1 week grinding (3hrs weekday, 6-8hrs weekend) to get the S1 gavel. I took the healing one though since I'm holy.
mangos

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics