Remove Advertisements

Heroic Shat Halls - Warbringer Om'rogg

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Shat Halls - Warbringer Om'rogg

Postby pallytank01 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:34 pm

hi...

I seem to be having a problem with this boss in specific...Its when he randomly attacks other players...i can't seem to generate enough threat to pull him back on to me. On normal, this isnt a big deal because he hits so weak that the healers can keep a clothie alive

I have tried to BoP the target. Last run it was our healer 4 times in a row. So I BoP and it would bounce off to someone else...but I couldnt pick it back up. One attempt I waited to use wings till he attcked someone else, but I still couldnt generate enough threat...

any ideas?

Thanks!

edit:

My armory is way out of date..i've been 70 for nearly 3 weeks
507 defense, 11k unbuffed hp, 94% uncrush (with the holy shield active, if redoubt goes on im pushed past 102.4) 148 spell damage...not sure of dodge/parry/shield block ratings..
pallytank01

Postby Arcand » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:39 pm

You can get that second "personality" under control, but it takes a pretty serious chunk of threat. With ~360 unbuffed spell damage, I try to get a full Vengeance stack on him before the switch and then

Avenging Wrath
Judge
Avenger's Shield

If you've warned the DPS to stop what they're doing at the switch, you have a chance to get him under control with that. If you have a hunter who can Misdirect right after the switch that helps a ton, of course.
Arcand

Postby ulushnar » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:49 pm

Right, I tell DPS to use low-aggro DPS until the first aggro switch. SoV's nice to use if you have it, but if you don't, SoR's fine. He won't switch until you're at least 30 secs in, so at the switch pop wings, throw shield, and then judge him. You should have him on you like stink on crap.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Taeron » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 am

No one but the healer does anything at the start. Just get small heals or Renew IF needed. Otherwise, nothing. DPS stands still.

At switch, he'll pick one target. Usually the healer since he has some aggro but that's not necessary. That's when I turn on AW, throw the shield, judge and consecrate. If needed, I BoP his target, but usually he turns to me instantly.

When I have him under control after the switch, dps opens fire. Full guns. He's on like 20% when he does the next switch. At which point, it doesn't matter anymore.
Taeron

Postby Exalt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:17 am

Tell everyone to stop dps'ing ENTIRELY and run towards you when he changes targets. As soon as he does, throw your shield and judge your (hopefully) 5 stack of SoV.

Once he's back on you, you should be top on both his threat lists and good to go for the rest of the fight.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby guillex » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:28 am

Just be going with SoV at the beginning.

Don't wings until the transition.

Wings, Shield toss, Judge SoV, even toss a JoR in there for good measure, consecrate ... you should get him back.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: Heroic Shat Halls - Warbringer Om'rogg

Postby Dianora » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:45 am

pallytank01 wrote:hi...

I seem to be having a problem with this boss in specific...Its when he randomly attacks other players...i can't seem to generate enough threat to pull him back on to me. On normal, this isnt a big deal because he hits so weak that the healers can keep a clothie alive

I have tried to BoP the target. Last run it was our healer 4 times in a row. So I BoP and it would bounce off to someone else...but I couldnt pick it back up. One attempt I waited to use wings till he attcked someone else, but I still couldnt generate enough threat...

any ideas?

Thanks!

edit:

My armory is way out of date..i've been 70 for nearly 3 weeks
507 defense, 11k unbuffed hp, 94% uncrush (with the holy shield active, if redoubt goes on im pushed past 102.4) 148 spell damage...not sure of dodge/parry/shield block ratings..

1. Ask your DPS to dps lightly until transition.
2. Walk down, judge Crusader, consecrate, and do your normal rotation.
3. When the transition happens, Wing + [item=29370]Icon of the Silver Crescent[/item] + Avenging Shield + BoP his current target. I also tend to wear [item=29370]Icon of the Silver Crescent[/item] as part of my threat set.
4. Run to him and consecrate.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Pizbit » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:11 pm

BE so no SoV :(

All about telling DPS to STOP the moment he changes heads until you have him again, then they can go all out.
After a few judgments at the start I save judgement for the head switch.
After switch: Wings + judge + AS + BoP his target and hope DPS listened to you to stop all DPS until he's on you again.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics