Remove Advertisements

Heroic BM

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic BM

Postby Candria » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 am

This instance is giving me a little trouble. Made two attempts in the last two days, which both failed.

The first try was me, 2 hunters, rogue, and a Druid healer; all Kara+/mag/Gruul geared. Made it to the 14th wave before falling behind in portals and it all went to hell at the 16th wave. Tried later with a Mage, warlock, hunter, and the same druid. That group made it to the 15th wave before falling behind, then we took turns dropping the beacons to hold off 2 more waves, and fought the boss after that. Unfortunately, timestop is what ended up killing us. He was hitting pretty hard, and when he timestops me or the healer I drop real low.

I'm pretty sure if the group stays focused for those last few waves we could get it. A shadow priest might help also, for the added regen. If the group can manage to make to through all the waves without using all the beacons they could definetely help out on the boss.

I have heard that Heroic BM is one of the harder Heroics, but it seems like a great spot for Paladin tank for so many reasons. Need for fast agro/aoe tanking adds, auras, blessings, DS(to get out of the second bosses debuff)
, and I'm sure many other. So anyway I don't think gear is the issue but here is my Armory
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Candria

Any suggestions or tips from any that have done this heroic? I really like the Pally tanking belt, very nice!
Candria

Postby Bosutei » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:39 am

Not sure, but does defending at the portal from phase 15 still work in Heroic?
Bosutei

Postby Reiyuka » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:03 am

can't bubble out of the second boss's debuff, but it does prevent him from refreshing/upgrading the stack, so if you have an offtank ..
Reiyuka

Postby matchbox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:36 am

save all your beacons for the the 13-17 portals, casters come out that do a fuck load of damage this makes it a lot easier, o and during the 7-11 portals have 2 ranged dps kill the executioners dont have to be ranged but it helps if its not a rogue more dps on the elite that way and pray for no warlocks thoose fuckers hurt
matchbox

Postby melange » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:53 pm

This instance was designed for a pally tank. Basically tank all the mobs by yourself. Have all your DPS focus on taking down the rift lord asap because this minimises the no of adds.

I would even go as far as to say no AE spells like seed etc as they minimise the direct damage on the rift lord himself. For the first and 2nd boss I use a beacon each when the boss is around 50% health. I send one of the range dps to pop it near medihev(sp?).

The last 3 beacons I use for portals 15/16/17 - pop them right behind the rift lord and it makes quick work of anything there. Once 17 is down med to full, let the named attack medihev for a bit if you need more time to get ready and then go kick his ass :)

Note : Portal adds include a specific mob type that can stun - although not an issue with a good healer it is wise to use your stun when they come out into your consecrate to stun em for 6 seconds. Makes the healers job a tad easier.

Boss 2 can be done by using dodge trinkets easily. Boss 1 is a joke. And Boss 3 requires the healer to keep you topped up to full health as much as possible.

Melange
Dath'Remar
melange

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:21 am

I just did it tonight, after all I'd heard about it it seemed incredibly easy...

Well-geared team, though, of lock/mage/ele shaman/holy priest and me...I tanked whatever adds I could, they didn't hit hard (except for the casters are the end) and we had good DPS for the bosses and such...first was a joke...second was a joke, too...over 27% dodge with grace of air and then popping the pocketwatch made it fairly easy...and the last boss...I think it bugged, because I summoned my helper dragon guy at around...60, 50%, and it never got despawned...someone else used theirs, too, and we had two up until the end...it was a joke, I had full HP the entire time and he died incredibly fast...anyway...

I got the Quantum Blade, rofl...it was fun, and fairly quick. We didn't even have to use beacons until the last boss, we could down the portal elites so fast I guess...didn't seem hard at all.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Vencedor » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 am

Hey Candria, I know you :lol:
Vencedor

Postby Tresjynn » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 am

I tried to tank all the mobs for a while on my last run. Then I'd go to refresh Consecration and WHOMP the Rift Lord would knock me down and mobs would come out and run past me towards Medivh while I was busy getting out of stun. Ended up doing it the "usual" way for the rest of the run.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Candria » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51 am

Vencedor wrote:Hey Candria, I know you :lol:

/Wave
Candria

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics