Rate my Pally

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Rate my Pally

Postby casiebu » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:26 am

I am a 64 Paladin Protection spec love tanking..hate Healing...at this time i have all points in Protection, i have been told by a couple of 70 Paladins that i should split tree either Ret or Holy...plz help.....i have a 70 lock i did split trees w/ and love it (powerful) but idk about doing it with my pally.
Last edited by casiebu on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
May the Light Shine & Darkness Fall

casiebu

Postby Sereen » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 am

First things first. Take the sig graphic out of your avatar please. =D

Second of all, the cookie cutter tanking spec atm is 0/49/12, but there are people who use variations on this too. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZVhtIx0dggqzVbx

There's also a 20/41/0 build that gets thrown around, but I don't know what that one is. I'm pretty sure there's two routes that it goes with teh points in holy though. You're either picking up the healing talents, or Imp SoR and Imp LoH etc, so you can do more damage and thus more threat with the bread and butter seal.

Hope I helped. xD

-Ser
Sereen

Postby casiebu » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:03 am

Well ty for your advice on the specs...i will be respecing as soon as i'm able to log back in (after Work) this is my first Paladin, and like i said i was a bit confused about which specs i need other then of course doing the Protection tree.......................................... :)
May the Light Shine & Darkness Fall

casiebu

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:09 am

0/49/12 is all you need.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Prepared » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:28 am

Sabindeus wrote:0/49/12 is all you need.

0/45/15 is all I need.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZV0tIx0dggqzVfx
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Anthonius » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:30 am

Id say it all depends really on what you want to do mostly, act as MT, OT or support tank (we have used that sometimes when we try new encounters).

The 0-49-12 is the cookie cutter and probably the best MT build around. I found one problem though.

As my avoidance got better and better, since I focused alot on it rather then just going all out on stamina, I noticed I took less and less damage (shocking isnt it? :shock: ). Hence my mana regen became an issue.

As of this, I tried out a new specc: 0-38-23 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZVhtIx0dMMqZVbxt0bzb

The reason behind this was to get the sanctity aura and use that while MTing and the retribution aura for everything else. The Seal of Command is more or less a filler and fun to use while just alternating on stuff.

I tried this out yesterday in Gruul and it did work nicely, although I did miss my reckoning, one handed weapon and avengers shield. But I did find that those extra 10% (+2) really did help alot in building hate fast.
Anthonius

Postby Tybalt » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:00 pm

Prepared wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:0/49/12 is all you need.

0/45/15 is all I need.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZV0tIx0dggqzVfx

Interesting spec, but do you really find yourself using JotC that often? The only fight I routinely use it on is Shade of Aran, otherwise I much prefer JoW or JoL. Admittedly, JotC is very useful for soloing. :)

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Candiru » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm

is 28 spell damage really worth losing 3% to hit? I would take the extra + hit anyday, generates much more threat.
Candiru

Postby Chadoxx » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:58 am

5% to crit for a 40 dps MH is not worth it since white dmg is not main source of threat. Crusade would be better if you're MTing Kara for example.

3 pts in +hit is better than Imp Sotc since it's just a static +spell dmg increase and takes up a judgment that you could have used for more threat.

5 pts could be used for Vindication if you do heroics and Eye for an Eye if you do PVP or Arena.
Chadoxx Lvl 70 Tankadin, Baelgun
Chadoxx

Return to Basic Training & Talents