Stat distribution for Hydross

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Stat distribution for Hydross

Postby kaisaa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:46 am

I am going to be the nature tank for hydross. (Our second pally and our feral druid will be on add duty).

Could someone with experience doing this check what I am planning to wear and let me know if I am good to go or if I should make changes. I am not quite resist capped with hunter buff I will be at 355. Is that a deal breaker? Should I try to find a way to squeeze in 10 more resist somewhere?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=kaisaa
kaisaa

Postby jere » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:32 am

I do it almost every week with:

12000-13000 HP unbuffed
300+ spell dmg
Crit capped (defense and resilience)
327 NR buffed.

You don't need to be 365 capped, though it does help.

EDIT: If you are worried, you can get a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33208
jere

Postby Thacan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Be either one or the other: either crit immune or maxed resist.

I go for maxed resist, and Hydross has pretty much only ever crit me for 5k (which is so negligible, it more or less doesn't count). I tank the frost side with 465 def and capped resist.

For crit immune, you'd push the OHSHI-- spike damage potential off if you're not maxed resist. I've never used this approach but I see it as the more common.

For best results, you obviously want both capped resist and uncrittable, but it's still easy to handle with just one or the other.
Thacan

Postby Garov » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am

Tanked him last night with an unbuffed NR of 278. Unbuffed HP were in the 13-13.3k range. My defense was 448 (I originally had it @ 487 but I needed to squeeze more HP in). My Spell Damage was 330ish. The only tricky part I really had was being nervous about pulling adds during the transition. Once I got over that and just consecrated anyways, everything went great. I had to judge Crusader about 15 seconds before I was picking him up to help my TPS out. But otherwise it went pretty smoothly. We were about a minute ahead of the enrage, so I have no complaints. More NR would certainly help, but it's not 100% necessary. Your mileage may vary. Altho I will admit, my folks were on point. I've never seen our healers and dps produce like they did last night.
Garov

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern