Any Tricks to Picking up Leo

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby twitch » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm just assuming that i was VERY un-lucky for my Dinner Plate to miss three times in a row

Yay druid tank replaces me.
twitch

Postby Jobah » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Swagger wrote:Does not use spell hit.

What does this mean?
Jobah

Postby Notorius101 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Jobah wrote:
Swagger wrote:Does not use spell hit.

What does this mean?

Avengers Shield is based off Melee Hit, not spell hit
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Postby Jobah » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am

ok, go get more hit rating then.

thats kind of counterintuitive... spell dmg increases its damage but melee hit increases its hit rate. I would think those two wouldnt go together but eh, who knows why blizz decided on this one. But yeah, i looked it up, you're right.
Jobah

Postby spiky_porcupine » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I say you're unlucky to have the shield miss 3 times in one fight. I have it miss maybe twice max in a fight so far and I always MT human form for my guild. Like said before, follow Leo, do not let him get out of shield toss range. If your shield misses, make sure you judge righteous on him ASAP. He should have crusader judge on him already at that point so that should get him on you. If a DPS still has aggro after the judge, that's their fault for putting a dot or anything like that as a judge is a good 1k+ aggro at least. You can also have a consecrate laid down near him with 4 seconds left on whirlwind which helped me at times.

Get precision if you haven't, and that should be enough really.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Warbal » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Honestly a way that works well for us is one using two times shaman fire totem (I fail at the name right now) or two using two prot pallies trading off on shields. Unless a ranged is being especially bad about aggro their should not be much of a problem.
Warbal

Postby Hairlock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:52 am

I pretty much stand in the middle... just doing minor positioning adjustments, since the raid positioning is almost a perfect circle around the tanking spot. I have yet to be out of range for shield throw. But getting in range for a judgement can be a major pain if the shield misses.

+ Shammy totems > raid bosses
Hairlock

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 am

Jobah wrote:ok, go get more hit rating then.

thats kind of counterintuitive... spell dmg increases its damage but melee hit increases its hit rate. I would think those two wouldnt go together but eh, who knows why blizz decided on this one. But yeah, i looked it up, you're right.

So you'd rather it be 17% miss rather than 9% miss and a stat more available on general tanking loot?
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 am

You are going to miss with AS from time to time in every fight, so always be prepared to judge, consecrate, taunt (if possible) whatever, one missed shield toss should never mean a wipe.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Jobah » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 am

Quantum.... no... im just saying its not what i would have expected. Anyways, im done coming back to this thread. This kid got the tips he needs.
Jobah

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am

DeadlyRabbit wrote:You are going to miss with AS from time to time in every fight, so always be prepared to judge, consecrate, taunt (if possible) whatever, one missed shield toss should never mean a wipe.

Avenger's Shield can only miss, hit, or crit. Max out hit rating and you will never miss. Granted, that can be difficult while focusing on spell damage, but not having to worry about AS missing makes the fight easier.

I wear the brooch of deftness (badge neck) and chestguard of the warlord (Zul'jin drop) with a bunch of +hit gems in it for fights where I don't want to miss with AS. Combined with precision and some more +hit here and there, I can cap +hit when I need to.

Also, Judgement of Blood comes in handy here since it never misses, especially for the initial pickup. I'm still haunted by that time when he resisted my JoR out of banish, dodged the consecrate I had put down, and ran across the room to brutalize some hapless mage whose face he didn't like.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern