Remove Advertisements

Trashs

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Warrender » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:04 am

Joanadark wrote:
I'm curious how well a paladin tank would handle the large group of small poison elementals across from Naj'entus. We currently fear/banish most of them to keep interrupts managable, but I suspect with an initial consecration you'd be able to prevent them from running rampant after the CC and eating a mage or three.
-Splug

The way my guild clears this pack is every single shaman in the raid pops their Earth Elemental at once and we pull and just AOE.

I'm not even kidding. 3-4 Earth Elementals make it so easymode and it becomes the job of me and the other tank to just run around taunting any that decide to run away from the angry rampaging totems.

Wow, I thought we were the only ones doing that crazy Earth Elemental strat.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby enbee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 am

I just aoetank all the elementals past naj in normal tanking gear, though I guess stoneform is a really nice perk to have there, we have no one else in range of the poison, we kill them all ranged and I get healspammed, works fine
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Djoraan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 am

Oh, i didn't know that you can outrange the poison bolts :shock:

I position myself in the entrance to the elemental-room, all healers near the wall (like at Chromaggus), 3 eles banished, rest of it AoE tanked with ~180-250 NR (Hydross add gear). But outrange the volleys sounds easier, will test this next time ^^
Djoraan

Postby Morganim » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm

HAHA i came up with the elemental idea as well

What i do is get shamans to drop ele's up the front with me.

Everyone else a good 20 yards behind

I pull spwns into eles and we wait a good 10-20 seconds as ele's are immune to their damage. Then aoe jsut do there thing as well as all taurens + belfs chaining there warstomps + silences
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Earth elementals are SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Oh that time we went in with 6 shamans, that was pure win, elementals zerging bosses :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 am

All those earth elemental simultaneously crashes the entire raid's WoW :D
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:41 am

By the way, anyone else love Wrathbone Flayers, the skeletons on the way to Gorefiend? Our tanks like to use them as AFK/situational awareness checks on the raid ;)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:43 am

I never understood how they work honestly, we just mindlessly zerged those down.

Well, if i was main tanking i used to drag em to people i wanted to kill.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stroja » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm

They're a little testy to get hold of initially, but once you've got them in consecrate and keep it down, they'll look away for a brief moment and come back on the next tick - eventually they'll stop doing even that.

It gets really fun if the casters that summon them don't get CCed - I've had 5 or 6 of those things on me at once, plus the casters. Inevitably, squishy raid members will move in to AoE and get insta-gibbed by a triple cleave.

Oh sure, we could just do the pulls proper - but what the hell kind of fun is that? Gorefiend trash is a snoozefest unless you get adds. And grunts don't count as adds - they're critters with health.
Stroja

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:29 pm

The summoned ones don't drop aggro and are stunnable and tauntable afaik, the non summoned ones are immune to taunt and drop aggro and are immune to stun.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby strydaris » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 pm

Dorvan wrote:By the way, anyone else love Wrathbone Flayers, the skeletons on the way to Gorefiend? Our tanks like to use them as AFK/situational awareness checks on the raid ;)

ZOMAN I need to start kiting mine through the raid. Sometimes its fun being an RL cause you cant give yourself shit for going around getting people killed for not paying attention.
strydaris

Postby Stroja » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Worldie wrote:The summoned ones don't drop aggro and are stunnable and tauntable afaik, the non summoned ones are immune to taunt and drop aggro and are immune to stun.

Even the non-summoned ones can be brought under control while standing in consecrate - they'll slap you with Ignore, turn away, and come back after a consecrate tick or seal hit (usually). Eventually, you'll be up top on all the oddball threat lists they use. Especially if it isn't the first DPS target.
Stroja

Postby Splug » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:15 am

The non-summoned skeletons have a debuff called "Ignored." It reduces your threat build to 0 and suspends you from the threat list, meaning you need to do something to re-assert your presence to make him hit you again. It does not actually reset threat, but you need to be over the 130% mark of whoever's second on threat if he's gotten any distance on you when you remind him you exist. "Ignored" only lasts 4 seconds and has a ~8 second recast, so if these are not the first damage target you can have someone drag them off a bit and build hate between ignore casts, and just autoattack him once when ignore goes off to keep his attention when threat build is zeroed.

The summoned ones are just there and hit people, nothing special.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:56 am

Dorvan wrote:By the way, anyone else love Wrathbone Flayers, the skeletons on the way to Gorefiend? Our tanks like to use them as AFK/situational awareness checks on the raid ;)

Since they're undead, we tank them very well. I tend to be considered of others and drag them to the wall away from the other raid member.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby sanctifico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 am

I just save Exorsicim and Judge for when the debuff hits me.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple