Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:35 am

So I have the neck and cape now.
I think I'll get the boots and throw a kit on them and maybe either the bracers or belt.
Dragonzbane

Postby strydaris » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 pm

What strats do you all use for Mother?

We use a start sorta like this...

G1---------------MT (MoSh) (Melee)------------G2

And she is in the middle of the path. We can kill her this way buts its a bit of a pain with a bad port on the MT and OTs. Does the tank under the wall strat really work to prevent ports on top of the MT /OTs?
strydaris

Postby Morganim » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:57 pm

strydaris wrote:What strats do you all use for Mother?

We use a start sorta like this...

G1---------------MT (MoSh) (Melee)------------G2

And she is in the middle of the path. We can kill her this way buts its a bit of a pain with a bad port on the MT and OTs. Does the tank under the wall strat really work to prevent ports on top of the MT /OTs?

We have all ranged stand in the waterfall seems to work well
Morganim

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 am

A group to the west of her , one to the east , one just 20 yards in front of her
Io.Draco

Postby Afraithe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 am

3 groups.

1 grp is me and the other offtank, playing chess while the battle is going on.
2 grp is melee, watches moms ass the whole fight I guess u could say.
3 grp is everyone else.
Afraithe

Postby Questioner » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:03 am

I can give you more on the wall strategy tonight. She is first up to die tonight.

To be clear, there was nobody ported by the tank on our first kill. We had one person run down the hall, one run up the hall, and the third run to the waterfall. The clearest advantage to this strategy is that you don't have to worry about multiple different groups of people...just the raid and the two others with the debuff. Combined with the mod EasyMother, which picks 1 of the three cases for you, Fatal Attraction was almost a non factor. It only killed those people that take 6 seconds to count to 3.

I'll be honest, I don't remember anyone getting ported by anyone else in the raid at all, but I was probably making a sandwich or clipping my toenails or something.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:57 am

Spent half a night doing Mother attempts last night.

Didn't use any SR gear for our OTs and we had no trouble as far as that part of the fight goes. If only our healers didn't decide to take the night off and people could had figured out how to run away from each other we'd have gotten her down.
Dragonzbane

Postby Jarion » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but is it possible to tank shahraz without actualy hitting her?

Is it possible to generate enough threat through retribution aura, holy shield and consecrate to tank her? I know she hits very fast, so holy shield could generate a lot of threat.
Don't be afraid! I'm right behind you...using you as a shield!
Jarion

Postby Shelendil » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:04 pm

She no longer gets a haste increase from parries, so I'm not sure what the point would be. It might work. Dps is a little lower from wearing SR.
Shelendil

Postby Neuron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:03 am

Dragonzbane wrote:Didn't use any SR gear for our OTs and we had no trouble as far as that part of the fight goes. If only our healers didn't decide to take the night off and people could had figured out how to run away from each other we'd have gotten her down.

I think I have now heard this exact statement twenty bjillion times. bjillion.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Neuron wrote:
Dragonzbane wrote:Didn't use any SR gear for our OTs and we had no trouble as far as that part of the fight goes. If only our healers didn't decide to take the night off and people could had figured out how to run away from each other we'd have gotten her down.

I think I have now heard this exact statement twenty bjillion times. bjillion.

Well, it kinda works like that for a lot of fights, at least for me.
The night after we got her down in 5 attempts, our 3 warriors all got loot.

Don't even get me started on Archimonde.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 am

Perhaps a dumb question, but can Sabre Lash crit? (i.e., do OTs need 490 def?)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Neuron » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:14 am

Dorvan wrote:Perhaps a dumb question, but can Sabre Lash crit? (i.e., do OTs need 490 def?)

Regardless of whether it does not, you can have anyone OT. lash is on what, a 6 or 8 or 10 second cooldown. It can be missed and dodged and such.

If you really want to min max, use a feral and a holy paly as your OTs and dump the extra tanks and bring in more healers or shadowpriest/shamans. Feral can brez between lashes or even toss a hot if they want. Holy pally can basically just spam heal (and reap the benefits of spirital attunement when someone heals him after lash). Just make sure the holy pally is in all the prot gear.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Saber Lash doesn't happen to crit. Neither me nor other ots ever had capped crit immunity nor got any crit from it (and even if, we would survive)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Devilheals » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm

No Boss special abilities can crit as far as I know.
Devilheals

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple