Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby enbee » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:34 pm

elessarn wrote:I was tanking the rogue yesterday on council and the strangest thing happened. After he reappeared from Vanish, I jused JoR to grab him, moved him a bit back while he took a few of my HS charges when all of a sudden, out of completely nowhere he runs over to our mage tank, one-shots him and then comes running back to me.

I tried taunting him back but offcourse it got resisted :? . He didnt have BoSP or BoP on him, neither did I bubble or have a BoP put on me, he just ran off without any kind of warning to the mage to kill him, has anyone else ever seen this happen?

nope, and you fail at bopping the mage
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Either you got BoPed, missclicked divine shield, or went into a evade spot.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Questioner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:54 am

Definitely had some issues with BoSW as I didn't have a decapitator, but after stressing to out hunters to set up a macro and rotation just in case (only ever had BoSW on reappear twice in a single attempt), it went fine. Here are my tips:

1.) Pick him up yourself, have a hunter save MD for the first vanish. If all hunters MD on the pull it won't be up for the first vanish.

2.) Set up a macro for /tar Veras /cast Avenger's Shield and /tar Veras /cast Judgement. You don't want any mistargetting issues. I also used JoB so that I wouldn't miss.

3.) Tank him far, far to the left. When he vanishes, move 20 yards closer to the raid. This way, when he reappears he is ALWAYS in range, and always in front of you. It also takes quite awhile for him to run anywhere if he gets BoSW when he spawns, giving your hunters time to MD when called for. I say use avenger's shield over judgement because it is possible to be OOR for judgement.

4.) You can use your stun every vanish. I had a pally healer so we could stun him for 12 seconds on every vanish. This gives your healer a chance to help heal the raid.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby strydaris » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 am

Looking for a bit more insight on this fight. It seems we are just having issues with the poison / envenom targets getting ganked and diing to it. Is there a mod or anything that can help healers identify the envenom targets so they can get heals off on the quicker?
strydaris

Postby Gerilith » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 am

MD for Veras? Wtf? There is no need for it at all. You just have to hold against healing aggro which works out fine with Avenger's Shield and Judgement at the beginning + HS1 and Seal autoattack until Vanish.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Questioner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Gerilith wrote:MD for Veras? Wtf? There is no need for it at all. You just have to hold against healing aggro which works out fine with Avenger's Shield and Judgement at the beginning + HS1 and Seal autoattack until Vanish.

Avenger's Shield (immune) and Judgement (immune) at the beginning + HS1 (immune)

You missed the point.

For misdirect, I was ONLY referring to when he comes back out from vanish with Blessing of Spell Warding already applied. He is already completely immune to avenger's shield and judgements. This is the only time I use misdirect on the whole fight. Normal pickups are as you (and I) stated.

The only aggro you can get on him is auto attack, and seal of blood if you have it.

So, please, read everything written.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby DJSticky » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:00 pm

strydaris wrote:Looking for a bit more insight on this fight. It seems we are just having issues with the poison / envenom targets getting ganked and diing to it. Is there a mod or anything that can help healers identify the envenom targets so they can get heals off on the quicker?

I consider this to be a stamina fight. Every one should have around 10k hp, it is also important for every one to keep themselves topped off at all times, took a tick of flame strike? Bandage up, use a HS or Pot. People start falling over when they are sitting around down 2k life and THEN get the envenom.
DJSticky

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 am

Looking for a bit more insight on this fight. It seems we are just having issues with the poison / envenom targets getting ganked and diing to it. Is there a mod or anything that can help healers identify the envenom targets so they can get heals off on the quicker?

I know DBM announces those who get envenom. Also, my Grid "aggro" warning goes off like normal on those being targeted for envenom.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Jikozani » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:23 am

Could someone confirm whether spell warding renders Veras immune to our taunt and/or avenger's shield? Wondering about the latter because it's on melee hit and all, and I 'm fairly sure I once slammed it in the face of those ssc mobs with 100% spell reflect shield.
Jikozani

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Jikozani wrote:Could someone confirm whether spell warding renders Veras immune to our taunt and/or avenger's shield? Wondering about the latter because it's on melee hit and all, and I 'm fairly sure I once slammed it in the face of those ssc mobs with 100% spell reflect shield.

im not 100% shure but I do think he is not immune
Io.Draco

Postby Bryne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Jikozani wrote:Could someone confirm whether spell warding renders Veras immune to our taunt and/or avenger's shield? Wondering about the latter because it's on melee hit and all, and I 'm fairly sure I once slammed it in the face of those ssc mobs with 100% spell reflect shield.

Reflect and immunity are different. Blessing of Spell Warding makes Veras immune to Avenger's Shield, but not to RD: You can taunt him and hope that gives you enough time to get auto attack/SoB aggro, or call for a misdirect.
Bryne

Postby Jikozani » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Ok, I can confirm the above, as immune but taunt works on spell warding, after wtfpwning the council today !

Something strange happened however, I missed with AS twice in a row despite being +hit capped (6.02% on gear and 3/3 precision) :? .
Jikozani

Postby sanctifico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 am

RD + ask for feral/MD is what I do.

If RD Resists, Scream for Feral/MD ^^

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Shelendil » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 pm

I normally raid holy, but last night we were short a tank. First pull I started out on the rogue, and I had a hell of a time picking him up. Perhaps my healer was standing too close, but he died before I could put anything on Veras, even with spamming a target/cast macro. After the next vanish he comes back with spell warding and aggro'd on the MT priest who is about 60 yards away, well out of taunt range.

It seemed silly to me to have to rely on the hunters to MD at the drop of a hat when our feral has never needed any help, so I tanked the priest. It really doesn't seem ideal to tank the rogue as a paladin.
Shelendil

Postby Cakes » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Shelendil wrote:It seemed silly to me to have to rely on the hunters to MD at the drop of a hat when our feral has never needed any help, so I tanked the priest. It really doesn't seem ideal to tank the rogue as a paladin.

It's far, far less ideal to tank the priest as a paladin.
Cakes

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple