Even the naga guardian from Lurker belittle me

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Even the naga guardian from Lurker belittle me

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:30 pm

For some very very retarded reason, the naga guardian i'm assigned to tank sometimes simply ignore me and teleport to another platform. I know that they do that when they aggro stuff on said platforms, but HOW THE HELL is this happening?
I land a consecration under the naga as soon as it spawns, and spam judgement untill it hits the naga. Sometimes the naga still freaking teleport :(
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm

A Healer going full out (CoH/PoH/HoTs or something) or a DPS nuking it perhaps.

I've never had this occur so I can't really say, they always stick to me like glue ;\
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Exodius » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 pm

I normally tank the far right guardian if you are facing his back from the standard tanking position. It's the one furthest from the position you jump down from.

He comes up, he sits there for a second and does not do anything and does not react. Maybe he evades as well. We have been working more at the Eye than SS recently.

I'm not sure íf it's lag or some sort of game mechanic, but for a few moments he won't do much, and sometimes he does go off for someone else.

But being the person closest to him, being ready to taunt, AS and judge him as necessary as well as having a consercrate ready tends to shake him off his wayward path.
Exodius

Postby Brickhouse » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Hammer of Justice.

This buggers like to run off immediately.

I always use hammer of justice, then I start nuking them.

Otherwise, they run very fast, and can be out of taunt range in two shakes of a lambs tail.
Brickhouse

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:14 am

You have plenty of time as the wander up, and they always move to the same spot, and chill there for a second untargetable...consecrate, prep a seal, spam target them and judge as they come out...if they run, stun...I've never had a problem with it :) and if it does get away, that's why we have a 40yd taunt :)
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby ulushnar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:55 am

Weird. I drop a Consecrate at his feet, JoR on his head as soon as he's targettable and he's on me like a fat kid on ice cream.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:05 am

That's exactly the point. I tank the one farthest from the tank's spot, drop a consecration as they emerge, and keep spamming for for the moment they are attackable. Sometimes it still doesn't matter and they go for someone else(always a healer. They don't nuke my guardian down first).
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:21 am

Well sounds like your healers need to work on some threat reduction talents. To get that much healing aggro at range requires a lot of high-rank spamming.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am

Ulushnar wrote:Weird. I drop a Consecrate at his feet, JoR on his head as soon as he's targettable and he's on me like a fat kid on ice cream.

I find that offensive...
Huon

Postby Mortehl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 am

Brickhouse wrote:Hammer of Justice.

This buggers like to run off immediately.

I always use hammer of justice, then I start nuking them.

Otherwise, they run very fast, and can be out of taunt range in two shakes of a lambs tail.

This -- Its the ultimate solution to this problem.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Nakati » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:24 pm

This is happening to me aswell from time to time. Even though I have consecrate on the ground, judged him the second I could and he even hit a charge off my damn holy shield and still he teleport to the platform furthest away from me... I know I had more then enough threat on him as he just stood there for a while targeting me all the time before he decided to teleport back. :?
Nakati

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Your healers must be putting out some MAJOR threat, then...get more spell damage? Use food/oil/flask? Make sure they have salv? Make sure you have RF? o.O there should be no way healers are pulling aggro off you.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Nakati » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Well they didnt actually, we usually have the healers standing on the inner sircle on the edge, and the mages/locks/hunters on the platforms etc. So he basically just teleported over to 3-4 dps'ers (that all where out of range to hit him) and stood there targeting me since I was top threat. :P
Nakati

Postby Ocin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:48 am

you have to use hammer of justice if this is happening, which should be available every time, since there's nothing else to stun.

spam it
Ocin

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:04 pm

It's happened to me a few times as well; I'll lay down a consecrate, crack him with a JoR, and he'll poof off to an island, look at me for a sec, then port to our best healer. When it happens, I just edge over towards the healer and taunt, no problem.

HoJ is of course the solution, but he does it so infrequently is usually catches me off guard.
Dazhbog

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern