Remove Advertisements

Not tanking - how to maximize dps?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Warrender » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:11 am

A quick check on Wowhead shows that this is indeed the case.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:29 am

Well, they were probably wondering where I've been at the ol' bar anyway.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Trevize » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Just to clarify. I got it crafted for me a few weeks ago. The recipe can be crafted by any blacksmiths no matter your specialization. God bless old MC loot ninja's with cores laying around =)
Trevize

Postby Shamroth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 am

Finally found someone on Eredar that could craft Nightfall, he had to rep up to exalted for a prot pally in his guild to have it so I was in luck too.

If you can't find anyone try posting in your realm forums, it worked for me.

Will try it in SSC this week on Lurker/Hydross(poison phase)/Kalithress/Leo/Vashj(Phase 1 + 3) and hopefully Al'ar Phase 1.
Shamroth

Anyone on Rexxar?

Postby jojolee » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:34 pm

I've been trying to get guildies to make it, but the person we were working on has been having lots of connection issues and I fear he will not be back to make it. Plus, getting to exalted with TB is so difficult.

Anyone on Rexxar that can make this?
jojolee

Postby Trevize » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 pm

I have been slowly getting a Haste set together for use with Nightfall when not tanking. I generally find myself in a group with Wind Fury and let me tell you....alllll that haste plus WF and haste trinkets...its stays up A LOT. Many of our melee dps'ers have gone leatherworking for non stop Drums of Battle in that group....it is pretty nice when stacked with everything +heroism, Meta gem etc.

Here is hoping Alliance gets SoB about the same time they nerf Nightfall.
Trevize

Postby jsl2000 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:10 am

so what do you recommend if there is no chance of getting nightfall (due to being on a server that started when naxx came out and therefore has nobody that has run any high end pre TBC raids though some guilds have 5 manned onyxia for fun). Would it be a case of getting a high white damage weapon and putting Major Striking or Savagery on it.

ps. Thankyou for a great site its has been invaluable to me in getting kara ready.
jsl2000

Postby Arianne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Organize a guild MC run ;) I just randomly said that we were doing MC at 2pm on Sat and like 20 people showed up to run around and have fun. Need one pally tank, a skinner and a miner (and some healers and dps of any flavor).
Arianne

Postby Reiyuka » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm up to 2.27 swing speed with Nightfall in my melee haste set (10 and some-odd percent), before trinkets and with SotC.

I'm wearing it now, got a few Terrace pieces the other day :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Reiyuka
Reiyuka

Postby Nicki » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:30 pm

I love my nightfall but no raid group ive been in appreciates it at all lol.

I actually had mine crafted for FREE by a blacksmith and yes it requires you to go to the anvil in BRD so i was surprised!!! I tipped the guy and said thanks!

But im on a huge pve server so i dont count :( smaller servers may lack crafters try searching for PREBC blacksmiths..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Legionp » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:11 pm

I just got mine crafted last night, I'll see what kind of numbers I get in Hyjal. I have 71 haste rating atm including the Iron Counterweight
Legionp

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations