after uncrushable?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

after uncrushable?

Postby deadpyrowalking » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:34 pm

kk, so i have most of the uncrushable stuff, names Cptasparagus on Darrowmere, and ive done the first few bosses with my guild in kara. I didnt get @%$& up to moroes and two of our healers left after so we had to stop. I was talking to my guild about being a MT (since we dont have one yet and have to outsource to mexicans XD) and they said im not gonna get anything prot pally in kara so i should jus save up for badge of justice stuff...

is this true and if not what can i get in kara to get up to being able to MT?

i have been able to OT effectively but I dont think i could MT with my current gear
deadpyrowalking

Postby NarfJones » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:46 pm

Go read up on the information about specs. Once you've moved away from 0/61/0 we'll talk further.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby deadpyrowalking » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:59 pm

yea i know my spec is bad but thats not what i was asking about im going to switch it before the next kara my guild does
deadpyrowalking

Postby NarfJones » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm

The main reason I said that is because with 10 points in Ret you get 5% towards uncrushable.

As far as your other question, there are no Paladin tanking pieces in Karazahn. But, as always, you will be goin for pretty much the same gear as a warrior, minus the weapon. The chest piece from badges is the only notable paladin piece worth getting at your level. The chest will alst you a really long time, and will keep you from waiting for the panz'ar thar like every other tank in your guild.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby deadpyrowalking » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:09 pm

i was also looking at the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29266 which is ONLY 33 badges (lol) but i guess that , the libram, and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33522, totaling ONLY 123 badges (again lol) would get me close to mt gear

oh and, im the only real tank in my guild... we have a few ppl who switch on and off to semi-OT
deadpyrowalking

Postby Neejo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:42 pm

deadpyrowalking wrote:i was also looking at the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29266 which is ONLY 33 badges (lol) but i guess that , the libram, and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33522, totaling ONLY 123 badges (again lol) would get me close to mt gear

oh and, im the only real tank in my guild... we have a few ppl who switch on and off to semi-OT

i assume you havent been to prince yet?
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Postby deadpyrowalking » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:44 am

ummm r u talking about a nexus-prince?? ive only done Mana tombs and shadow labs
deadpyrowalking

Postby deadpyrowalking » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 am

oh ur talkin about malchezaar, no we have not gotten that far yet
deadpyrowalking

Postby Uthadanin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:09 am

deadpyrowalking wrote:oh ur talkin about malchezaar, no we have not gotten that far yet

This one

the kara gear to grab is:

Moroes watch
Vambraces of courage
Maiden's gloves
wrynn dynasty greaves
moroes belt
battlescar boots
panz'thar breastplate
eternium greathelm
nightbane sheild
shade tanking ring

I think I got it all. Its not all pally tanking gear but its good gear.
Uthadanin

Postby Brute » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:18 am

Kara gear is either for both (panzar'thar, shield of impenetrible darkness, moroes lucky pocket watch, maiden neck/gloves) or is warrior specific (boots from chess, moroes belt, curator legs, netherspite shoulders). I personally define a peice as "warrior specific" if it has stats on it that only a warrior can do anything with (i.e., strength). If it has neither spell damage nor strength, I put it as "both".

That said, there are a lot of "warrior specific" items in Kara for slots where there is nothing but badge gear and dungeon blues, and it makes a lot of sense to upgrade from your dungeon peices to kara peices even if they are sporting strength, till you can get better peices later.
Brute

Postby guillex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:22 am

You're nowhere near where you should be.

Go read the gear stickies. Get rid of most, if not ALL of your gear. An axe with sd on it? Not gonna get you far.

0/61/0? Honestly. Gimme a break.

Please, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease read the stickies and FIX YOUR TOON.

Why do I say this? Because you're not going to be doing anyone any good going into Kara with 61sd, crushable and crittable.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Frickit » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 am

I got the eternium and the T4 helm. Both are good. I got boots of elusion from trash I like those better than battlescar too.

You should do some heroics too and get what you need from the first few badges and of course make sure your uncrushable and gemmed up right. When I went into kara at first i had wayward shield, felsteel helm and gloves, timewardens pants, shatari belt, etc...all really easy stuff to get a hold of. and get your S1 honor mace I love that thing.
Frickit

Postby deadpyrowalking » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:30 pm

to Guillex: i have heard so many people like you i dont care to listen anymore. right now i am a perfectly functioning OT... thats OFFTANK... i know im not good enough to MT kara and if you check you said i was "crushable" when actually im as close as im going to get to uncrushable without getting more Badges. as for my spec i like it and yes i am thinking about respeccing sometime but i have yet to plan out what im exactly going to do and 61 works for me now

oh and gullex... i was looking at your spec and you dont even have any points in improved devotion aura... now i know that uncrushable stuff is great and all but dont tanks need ARMOR???
Last edited by deadpyrowalking on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadpyrowalking

Postby deadpyrowalking » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:33 pm

thanks for the tips on what to look out for in kara. My guild has yet to get to maximus or whoever that demon dude is but we have gotten all the way to aran in the short time they have been formed (like a month) hopefully this saturday we will get to chess, at least we are planning to, so i could get most of the stuff uthadanin said. my main problem is where to get more badges in the mean time so i cn MT sooner as my guild has to pug for a MT right now. Thanks to all who get that im not fully geared yet and dont yell at me about my spec... Lots of help here
deadpyrowalking

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:58 pm

deadpyrowalking wrote:to Guillex: i have heard so many people like you i dont care to listen anymore. right now i am a perfectly functioning OT... thats OFFTANK... i know im not good enough to MT kara and if you check you said i was "crushable" when actually im as close as im going to get to uncrushable without getting more Badges. as for my spec i like it and yes i am thinking about respeccing sometime but i have yet to plan out what im exactly going to do and 61 works for me now

oh and gullex... i was looking at your spec and you dont even have any points in improved devotion aura... now i know that uncrushable stuff is great and all but dont tanks need ARMOR???

to deadpyrowalking:

No, I don't have any points in Imp Devo. Nor do most of the tanks on here.

Take a moment and read this thread, and Lore's answer to it:
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... otion+aura

I try to do my homework as best as I can, and while yes, there are some things I could do differently, I choose not to because they are situational, at best. A 0/61/0 spec is gimping your ability to have more avoidance through talents, and not have to squeeze that avoidance out of gear... Which frees you up to gem for stamina/spelldamage/some extra avoidance.

I never said you weren't good enough to MT kara, but you're missing out on 5% in the retribution tree (deflection). As I just said, it will help make your gearing and gemming choices easier. You're also spending more mana on your judgement and seal spells, and (though many people will argue this point, as it is a personal choice) your threat rotation will take longer because you're missing out on Imp Judgement, MT or OT.

BTW, I know what OT means. I know you said OT. I realise you're OTing. Whether you're OFFTANK or MAINTANK (which is MT, btw), having the proper talent trees and gear makes things easier on your and your raid. Also, kind of funny that you passed over Narf's comment, and latched onto mine.

We're trying to help here, but people also need to do their homework and read up on the established stickies and relevant threads. Prot pally gear DOES drop in Kara, though the pieces that you'll get will most notably look warrior-esque. It sounds like your guild doesn't know what it's talking about.

So, before attacking, maybe take a second and read a little further into what people are posting, instead of taking it at face value. Instead of "oh fuck, lookit that, another jerk being a dick," maybe I was saying it like that for a reason. I hope that thought crossed your mind.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Next

Return to Karazhan