Remove Advertisements

Trick for Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Trick for Lynx

Postby Ordin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:38 am

I recently discovered a nice little trick for OTing Lynx. If a paladin blows his bubble, he can absorb 2-3 saber lashes, and the damage will still be split. With a 4 minute CD, I can get it to pop twice during the fight. You can either use it to completely negate damage, or as an "oh sh!t" button if heals seem to be slow after a lash.

Obviously, this wouldn't work while MTing, and I have no idea what would happen if a melee DPS wasn't paying attention and somehow became a viable target for splitting.
-Ordin
Seraph of Divine Retribution

http://drthrall.com

Ordin

Postby Base » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:45 am

Nice - that's an interesting idea - and it splits between all the targets in front (unlike the bear's) so if the melee was in front and you bubble he was going to get hit regardless - but at least it means it gets reduced again - 18k between 3 is only 6k each - so your melee should be able to take it. Also if you are bubbled it means only 12k for the healers to heal rather than the full 18k (although only 9k if it's just the two tanks).
Base

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:02 am

I'm quite sure that Lynx's Saber Lash is target-capped to 2. Else you could just place the whole raid+pets there and make the damage trivial
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elladan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 am

could really use a confirm here, since it's almost cheating

anyone tried this before?
Elladan

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:22 am

Lash hits 2 and only 2 people directly in front of the boss.

If you're off-tanking, I don't see any reason why bubbling wouldn't work.

If you're off-tanking.
Invisusira

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:42 am

BoP too?
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:44 am

It's physical, should!
Invisusira

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:49 am

So for 10 seconds then 1 min later for 12 seconds you can be immune to saberlash. NERF?
Reason I was unsure is I haven't (off-)tanked the fight, we've only downed him once and it's reserved for the 2 best tanks in the guild rather than myself. I'm fine with this because, well, they out gear me a lot and it's progression. :D

As a healer, taking a break from that much damage is much <3.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby fiorina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 pm

This always worked on Mother Shazrah's Saber Lash(bubble and still split damage) so no reason it should not work for Lynx.

As Lynx is tauntable, you can use bubble as "oh shit" button even when maintanking.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 am

fiorina wrote:This always worked on Mother Shazrah's Saber Lash(bubble and still split damage) so no reason it should not work for Lynx.

As Lynx is tauntable, you can use bubble as "oh shit" button even when maintanking.

So last night I brought in some new healers and they weren't used to the spikey dmg from the last 25% phase (please don't cancel heals... oh well) plus I think the hunter missed Tranq anyway I died at 10% and the Bear OT popped his dodge trinket and dodged 3 lashes before Halazzi died. A win is a win.
Sthallas

Postby Feawen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:23 am

Personally, I've found taking the damage essential to keeping my mana pool full, and since I need to grab aggro on the spirit lynx, I wouldn't want to use this method even if it isn't considered cheating. So far, this has yet to be an issue, I've offtanked for Lynx twice now and both times he went down easy. (PuG too!) Without Lash I'd be oom so fast I wouldn't effective.
Feawen

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:49 am

Don't forget to judge light during sabre lash phases. I keep it sealed for myself as well. I outgear a couple of the warriors I've done the fight with but I OT anyway cause I can pick up the spirit lynx and load up a bunch of threat right off the get go.
kywirelessguy

Postby Tandors » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

I can confirm that bubbling does work to stop saber lashes. I usually run with a warrior who will MT the lynx while I just stand there keeping up wisdom on the boss until the spirit comes. At the very start of the fight I bubble myself to eat some lashes and the warrior still only take 7-9k. I also have another paladin bubble me after we get rid of the spirit. I keep getting bubbled during Saber Lash phase until the boss is dead. Just be sure to stand right on top of the other tank.
Tandors

Postby Sthallas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 am

Invisusira wrote:Lash hits 2 and only 2 people directly in front of the boss.

If you're off-tanking, I don't see any reason why bubbling wouldn't work.

If you're off-tanking.

If, you're MTing as well, Halazzi is tauntable so your OT just taunts and you bubble, then when it ends you taunt back. I basically use it as a "Ghetto Shield Wall" and usually for the last 15-20% or so, I just let the OT Bear tank him and I bubble to let the healers focus on 1 target.
Sthallas

Return to Zul'aman