Remove Advertisements

Magtheridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Magtheridon

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Ok, I know "rate my gear" posts are frowned upon and disliked, but bear with me please.

Is my gear (armoury link) good enough to tank Maggy as MT (2 channelers go down easy, the I pick up maggy), and should I keep the pocket watch, or use the darkmoon card: madness instead (20497 health fully buffed with that card on).

Reason I ask is because I seemed to get dead a lot fairly easily (cleave for 11xxx damage, then hit again for 4xxx and then dead), do the healers need to keep me up or is there anything I should do / change to be able to tank him better? Not sure if health or avoidance is better here, I wasn't crushed at all, no mana issues and no threat issues, so its just the getting dead issue thats troubling me.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Sithy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Coming from a healers perspective (I haven't even thought about tanking mags on my pally yet) you just need to be topped off all the time, heals should always be queued and some landing. Overheal be damed on this fight as long as your clickers are doing their job healing is extremely light and phase 1 is the hardest phase.
Once at 30% its just a burst of a bunch of raid healing since the ceiling falls in, in which case your healers need to be aware you're still going to be getting pounded on, and you usually have about 30 seconds before the blast nova to get everyone topped off, assuming you tried to time the earthquake around the blast nova timer.
Last edited by Sithy on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sithy

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:34 pm

As a side we also are doing it with only 7 healers in the run if that makes a difference.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Sithy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:39 pm

I've done it with as few as 5 healers and I'm pretty sure our first kill was with 6, I'm not sure on that one.

For a progression kill 6 was far from ideal, do able but not ideal, I recommend 7 to 8 to any one that asks me about the fight.

And when we did it with 5 that was basically 3 t5 geared healers and 2 t4 geared healers (alts/recruits), with lots of t5 caster mains looking for the eye dpsing.
Sithy

Re: Magtheridon

Postby Everlight » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:09 pm

2ndNin wrote:Reason I ask is because I seemed to get dead a lot fairly easily (cleave for 11xxx damage, then hit again for 4xxx and then dead)

Pro tip: Make absolutely sure that SOMEBODY applies an AP debuff to Mag. It'll take off ~3k a hit off his Cleave. Warlock, Bear, Warrior, doesn't matter, just make sure somebody applies that AP debuff and keeps it up.
Everlight

Postby 2ndNin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:57 am

26%!

The curse of weakness idea worked wonderfully :D, much easier to survive those hits.

Hopefully maggie dies on sunday.
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm

We are heading in there tonight. Hopefully we will have a warlock with us, as a few have been sick as of late. i hear the benefits of curse of weakness all the time. So, we will see. Hopefully we can get this under our belt and I can get my damn title.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby mazater » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:48 pm

im in ur topic, stealing ur posts.

How's the Mag fight in PTR/2.4?
Does magtheridon click the cubes himself or what has changed in the fight?
So many people yelling how it's going to change alot.
Some input here, thanks.
mazater

Postby Sithy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 am

I haven't done the fight on the PTR yet but from what I've read:

Phase 1:
Each channeler is weaker, cast times are longer.
Each channeler can only have one infernal up at a time (currently 2)

Phase 2:
The clicking debuff is ~30 seconds versus the 70(?) or whatever it is now. You only need one set of people clicking.
Debris has a different/better graphic

Phase 3:
Unsure if it has been changed, if it has his earthquake will just hit for less I guess...
Sithy

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:44 am

Sithy wrote:I haven't done the fight on the PTR yet but from what I've read:

Phase 1:
Each channeler is weaker, cast times are longer.
Each channeler can only have one infernal up at a time (currently 2)

Phase 2:
The clicking debuff is ~30 seconds versus the 70(?) or whatever it is now. You only need one set of people clicking.
Debris has a different/better graphic

Phase 3:
Unsure if it has been changed, if it has his earthquake will just hit for less I guess...

Those are the changes announced. And the debuff is currently 90 seconds with the blast wave coming every 60.

Our run didn't get off the ground last night due to illnesses, but hopefully we can get it going within the next week or two.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Sithy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 am

I couldnt remember the times lol

Mags hasn't been an issue for us really, I did write a mod that marks those that are next up for clicking, it helps make sure that someone knows when its their turn to click.

Now I just need to set both lists to the same people when 2.4 hits. Huge huge nerf to a fight that I thought was really tuned well for the end of tier 4 content, it was the mags fight that helped us down vashj and kael in the end.
Sithy

Postby Refute » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Sithy wrote:I couldnt remember the times lol

Mags hasn't been an issue for us really, I did write a mod that marks those that are next up for clicking, it helps make sure that someone knows when its their turn to click.

Now I just need to set both lists to the same people when 2.4 hits. Huge huge nerf to a fight that I thought was really tuned well for the end of tier 4 content, it was the mags fight that helped us down vashj and kael in the end.

Mind sharing that mod? It sounds really helpful!
Refute

Postby Sithy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:10 pm

I'll have to remember to log onto maintankadin from home. Its a direct modification of the DBM Magtheridon Boss Mod, so you will have to be using Deadly Boss Mods fwiw.
Sithy

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag