Remove Advertisements

Can we skip Grull and begin zul'aman?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Uthadanin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Lore wrote:Honestly I'm not sure why anyone does Gruul/Mag anymore except for the novelty factor.

We've pretty much dropped them as well. I'm still tempted by going back for a laugh in 2.4 if the rumors about them buffing the gold they drop is true.

We do it for guild rating on our server (currently #8 on server for alliance iirc) and we are missing mag (working on him this week) but we are in the eye, and have downed void
Uthadanin

Re: Can we skip Grull and begin zul'aman?

Postby Brenna » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:59 pm

palouf wrote:2 hunters : 1700 ap unbuffed

Your hunters better be BM with that AP, and even then it seems awfully low. Are you counting without Aspect of the Hawk on? Also, crit is just about as important a stat as AP - it should be mid 20%, preferably more.
Brenna

Postby Caliban » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:17 pm

My guild is pretty much at the same point yours is. We dont quite have enough people to do 25 mans, and just finished Prince (a weird strat was giving us problems)

We tried ZA last night with 2 healers, and got the bear down to 9%. We are going to bring 3 healers in the next time we try (our healers ran OOM), but doing at least the bear boss shouldnt be impossible. Having a Paladin tank the bleeds is a real heal saver imo because we can shield out of them once he is back to troll form, saving your healers mana.
Caliban

Postby palouf » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:26 am

Caliban wrote:My guild is pretty much at the same point yours is. We dont quite have enough people to do 25 mans, and just finished Prince (a weird strat was giving us problems)

We tried ZA last night with 2 healers, and got the bear down to 9%. We are going to bring 3 healers in the next time we try (our healers ran OOM), but doing at least the bear boss shouldnt be impossible. Having a Paladin tank the bleeds is a real heal saver imo because we can shield out of them once he is back to troll form, saving your healers mana.

We'll do it tomorrow to try :-)
Thank you
palouf

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Caliban wrote:My guild is pretty much at the same point yours is. We dont quite have enough people to do 25 mans, and just finished Prince (a weird strat was giving us problems)

You should run with three healers for the entire instance.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

NarfJones wrote:You should run with three healers for the entire instance.

Yeah there is no reason to drop the 3rd healer until you're at the point where you can reasonably shoot for the 4th timer and need that extra dps.
Sthallas

Postby Hankthetank » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Lore wrote:Honestly I'm not sure why anyone does Gruul/Mag anymore except for the novelty factor.

Because it's easier to learn a 4-5 boss-mob fight at the High King Maulgar level than it is at the Fathom Lord Karathress, Kael'Thas or Illidari Council levels. Not to mention you can reuse that knowledge when you get to the Fathom Lord Karathress, Kael'Thas and Illidari Council levels.

As for why to do them, honestly, with how little trash mobs there are, it's far better loot/time than trying to bang away SSC/TK before you're truly ready for them.
Hankthetank

Postby Caliban » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:09 pm

NarfJones wrote:

You should run with three healers for the entire instance.

Yeah we did him tonite with 3 no problem. Bringing one more dps is because our healers are very unreliable, not a conscious choice :(

We got 2 tries in on the eagle boss, but my guild has a serious problem with fights where they need to move. I think most of them are keyboard turners :?
Caliban

Postby Gowron » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:24 am

An here's the story of XII (ghostlands)

2 weeks ago, on our 5th day in Kara (thursday, so second after reset), we downed Prince,Netherspite and Nightbane..... so what to do now.

Friday came... and there we went to ZA, we read a little bit, took our best players (wasn't hard with only 19 accounts), and walked in.
(2 ferals, tankadin (me),hunter,warlock,holy-priest,resto-shaman,rogue and 2 mages).

Bear Boss:
Shaman and Priest on the bear that has aggro, (Three bears packed together, lol)
Tankadin with +1400 healing-gear, healing in raid.
dead bear...

Bird-boss
AoE-ing up the ramp, very fun part :)
Me tanking bird, ferals DPS-ing.
...only 2 healers...
Kentucky fried chicken...

If you take down Prince/NB just go there,
have fun, wipe and learn.
There's only one problem, the first 2 bosses only drop one purple :(
So, keep Kara priority for gearing up.

And that 20-slot bag is just very nice :)
Gowron

Postby Ciandin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:15 pm

NarfJones wrote:

That, and the guild who have influential tanks tat want Gruul's shield. That's the only reason we run it. There are some people that want to gear up alts with the t4 shoulders and pants, but mostly it's just because us tanks want the ALD.

Also, the Dragonspine Trophy is the best melee dps trinket in the game, (we've seen it once, back in september, and we quit gruul in november)
Ciandin

Postby palouf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:07 am

Hello,

Just went there last tuesday and yesterday.
In the first run, we learned the fights and our OT was average geared and the third healer too... Got boss at 20 % and healers got oom...

Yesterday, the OT improved his gear ( shield from nightbane dropped + best enchants on this stuff ) and we took a +1600 healing paladin as third healer... (got a +1800 paladin and + 1700 priest )

Nalorakk down :-) after 4 attempts..got him at 1% on second try...we got unlucky with OT warrior taunts that missed twice in a raw...
Got the boots too :-) good boost for block gear.
palouf

Postby Healzorz25 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Our guild <Hemophilia> has cleared kara 3 times now in 3 weeks. We recently went into ZA on Saturday and 1 shotted both Nalorakk and Akil'zon. And 3 shotted Halazzi. Neither tanks are amazingly geared. Same with everyone else. So yes its possible to go into ZA without having done Gruul/Mag. Our guild has a total of 12 70's and we make it work. You should have no problem so long as you have coordination and people that really don't hold you back.
Healzorz25

Postby Sthallas » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Healzorz25 wrote:You should have no problem so long as you have coordination and people that really don't hold you back.

Yeah small tight-knit guilds should do fine as they most likely have decent coordination and communication. Larger guilds with a group just casualling it though kara a couple times probably wouldnt have much success even with comparable gear.
Sthallas

Postby farmerjohn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Ulushnar wrote:

We've pretty much dropped them as well. I'm still tempted by going back for a laugh in 2.4 if the rumors about them buffing the gold they drop is true.

450 gold and lots of lootz from Mag last time i was there.
I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets
farmerjohn

Previous

Return to Zul'aman