Remove Advertisements

Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nightbane...

Postby Holyfuri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:40 pm

I just want to be clear about it...

Exactly what macros and items are required to successfully tank nightbane and counter all of his fears?

1. I have the Divine Shield cancelaura macro
2. Do I need a similar macro for BoP? I typically save it for my backup taunt..
3. I am aware I need a pvp trinket, do I need the shorter CD version?
Holyfuri

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:06 pm

In theory u don't need any of the above.

However, he is immune to Taunt, so you don't really have a backup one.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby NarfJones » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:18 pm

There is usually one fear per phase, unless your DPS is slow. This means 4 fears. You can survive them if you are at full health and his tail doesn't out all your DPS, so if you can't break one, it's not a huge huge deal.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Rokh » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Keep in mind the fear is also only 2seconds ? its really not a huge deal.

I tank NB with all my normal gear on and no special macros.... as long as your healers know that for that tiny ammount of time when your feared you can be hit for 7k or so its not a huge deal since he only gets off 1 attack, 2 at the most.
Rokh

Postby Holyfuri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:58 pm

do i need to respec into guardian's favor though to make it easier?

I would like to only have to deal with one fear not being dealt with if possible, one trinket, one divine shield, one BoP, and assuming I have no priest, I would probably need guardians favor to use divine shield again, would I not?

I just don't like the uncertainty of just soaking up the fears and hoping he doesn't fire breath on the raid or tail sweep everyone.
Holyfuri

Postby Wraith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm

The short cooldown pvp trinket and bubble is all that I use, priests are great if you have one. The nice thing about canceling the fear is that is makes it quicker and easier to reposition him. If you can remove the fear do so, if not just heal thru it.
Wraith

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:40 am

Holyfuri wrote:do i need to respec into guardian's favor though to make it easier?

I would like to only have to deal with one fear not being dealt with if possible, one trinket, one divine shield, one BoP, and assuming I have no priest, I would probably need guardians favor to use divine shield again, would I not?

I just don't like the uncertainty of just soaking up the fears and hoping he doesn't fire breath on the raid or tail sweep everyone.
You're worrying too much. All it takes is to have your healers know you'll take a ton of damage for one or two attacks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Nightbane...

Postby palouf » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:54 am

Holyfuri wrote:I just want to be clear about it...

Exactly what macros and items are required to successfully tank nightbane and counter all of his fears?

1. I have the Divine Shield cancelaura macro
2. Do I need a similar macro for BoP? I typically save it for my backup taunt..
3. I am aware I need a pvp trinket, do I need the shorter CD version?

Attempt it yesterday with almost the same stats as you ( 510 def ).
I got 1 holy pala, 1 holy priest, 1 Spriest + 1 hunt...

2 priests for fear ward, but still its not a real problem since the patch as he doesn't reset aggro when you're feared.
1 hunt for misdirect when he lands helps.

An advice, bring 3 healers :-) ,if they are around +1400 each in pve gear it should work.
Mine got oom when he arrived at 40% :-) ( +1700 pala + 1300 priest )

As everyone says, its a gear check but a fun fight, not random like prince.
palouf

Postby grymwulf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:29 am

3 healers *OR* 2 healers and a non-healing druid for Ennervate. Also an SP would help keep mana up. One of the things we tend to do is use a Warrior MT for ground phase and my Pally for flight phase. It allows us to play to our strengths, and lets me offheal during the ground phase.
grymwulf

Postby ulrichter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:32 pm

one thing that hasn't been discussed here is the transition from flight to ground. Had major issues with this. I know his agro resets, but for some reason while sitting in my max rank conscret he still goes for my healer. Whats up? should everyone do nothing? or is it a range thing. He move damn quick and being untauntable is a problem (out of range of exorcism).
ulrichter

Postby ulrichter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:33 pm

oh i did not have a hunter - so no misdirect!
ulrichter

Postby Zeels » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:56 pm

I used to have a bit of problem with him as well.
Watch him when he first lands, and wait with your exorsism until his first landing (when he touches the ground). If you get a resist, throw a shield, he usually fly towards the healers when this happens, but if you are fast with the shield it should be ok.

Also tell the hunters to use their misdirect when he lands, not when he is in the air just above the grund, but when he actually lands.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby ulrichter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:21 pm

agreed the critical thing is when he actually lands... i also like the idea of shield toss a backup taunt.
ulrichter

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:17 pm

ulrichter wrote:one thing that hasn't been discussed here is the transition from flight to ground. Had major issues with this. I know his agro resets, but for some reason while sitting in my max rank conscret he still goes for my healer. Whats up? should everyone do nothing? or is it a range thing. He move damn quick and being untauntable is a problem (out of range of exorcism).

Did your healer have a HoT up on someone?

When he's coming in for landing be ready to judge and exorcise quickly. If the healer has too many hots up or just landed a big heal on someone just before Nbane lands, there may not be anything you can do for them ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shirak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 pm

As stated you don't need any macros or pvp trinkets.

When I tank it we break the group into two groups and split the healers between the two groups. We place one group on each side a max range. When you get feared you will always move towards one group. Then get your back to the wall and turn him. Great place to pop the pocket watch is after the fear when you are getting him turned again.

After the air phase, I hit with with Ex. before he lands then go to town. Misdirect is always a plus if you have a hunter in the group.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Next

Return to Karazhan