Remove Advertisements

Maiden of Virtue

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Maiden of Virtue

Postby Dwarfskinner » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:25 am

Is her holy fire dispellable using cleanse?

The story behind this should be familiar to everyone...we get to her and I am not assigned MT but one of the dps'ers around the inside. Well we wipe.

So (heres the part which should be familiar to you). the raid leader says
"you're a paladin,heal and dispell that curse."

So I bite my tongue and try to do just that. Not so good...times 2.

We finally downed her, but it was highly embarrinsing for me as I died right outta the box when I threw Blessing of Sacrfice on MT as he entered circle...for w/e reason it aggro'd her big time and cruched me.

After it was all said and done...the Mt is griping about how little healing I did and the fact that I could'nt dispell the hloy fire. The first part of that I had an answer for...the second I'm not so sure.
Dwarfskinner

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:27 am

Yep, it's cleansable. I often spend the fight on BoSac/Cleanse duty, since her Holy Ground is also a silence which makes tanking annoying. Not impossible by any stretch, but still annoying.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Downpour » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 am

I MT her, mashing those buttons like there's no tomorrow, and I still manage to cleanse a few if the others are too slow.
If I wasn't MT, and we had at least 2 other cleansers, I'd just DPS then jump out to emergency heal during the repentance.
If there weren't 2 cleansers and I wasn't MT, I'd probably heal/cleanse, but I'm terrible at keeping BoSac up and prefer to run into the Holy Ground just before the Repentance is due.

Overall, you can't be assigned as DPS on ANY fight, then be expected to do a huge amount of healing or cleansing, let alone one like the maiden who silences so frequently.
However, being in the middle is a great position to be a cleanser, since while you will certainly get silenced for 0.5s every second or so, you'll be the only person in range of the entire raid due to the spread out positioning.
Downpour

Postby Vylee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:03 am

The first time our guild fought Maiden it seemed rough but not impossible. Got her down to around 50% both times. The 3rd attempt I MT'ed her, DPS backed off in the begining to let me get some good aggro (10 sec pause) and I just kept Holy Shield and Righteousness up the entire time. Anytime I started to see her cast her Holy Fire I moved my mouse over my SmartDebuff mod so that I could dispell it immediately. She went down with no deaths.
Vylee

Postby Ills » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:29 am

Typically, I loldps in melee range, cleansing what I can. The real reason I'm there, though, is so the Holy pally has someone on whom to put BoSac without losing buffs on the MT or the real dps.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Xanatos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 am

Maiden is one fight that I'm fine not being the MT. Her silence is just so annoying!

Having said that, this is still a fight where you play a pivotal role in. If you haven't already, download Deadly Boss Mods so you get a timer on when she will do her repentance. It's plain annoying keeping BoSac up constantly on the tank since my health steadily drains as well. So keep and eye on the timer and cast it about 5-10 secs before repentance (BoSac lasts 30 secs).

And, this should go without saying, downrank the BoSac since you don't need to take max rank damage in order to wake up from Repentance. For some reason, I have this bizarre thinking that rank 1 BoSac won't do me enough damage to snap me out of repentance so I use rank 2 BoSac.

When you get snapped out of repentance, go crazy and pop your big heals on the tank until the other healers snap out of it. Not sure if you can dispel the stun on the other healers but it never worked for me so I just solo-healed the tank through repentance and got my mana back after the other healers joined in.

You may not be tanking but it's still an important role you play, enough so that when my guild first downed Maiden after 2 tries, the rest of the raid attributed the 1st failed attempt to the fact that they lost me halfway through the fight and would have succeeded if I lived. (Got holy fired just before repentance and couldn't cleanse myself - doh!)
Xanatos

Postby Puss » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:48 am

If your warriors are any good , they will know they can INTERRUPT the holy fire before it's cast. If they're lazy , then this is prolly news for you.

So interrupt holy fire and noone needs to dispell.
But since most warriors ARE lazy by nature, they won't even be on time to slam their shield and you have to dispell anyway. This fight is very hard without a paladin healer, and if you're the only paladin healer then I think your raid leader is right to put you to the 'BoSac' / 'Cleanse' duty since quite frankly if you can't MT this one, then your class here is not very useful other than that. DPS = not good, you take damage, get silenced, and rogues / warrior DPS are better at that when they are specced for it ( remember : you're protspec ).

I usually just MT her and cleanse also when there's another paladin there, and if there's no paladin I stand on the side cleansing / healing during repentance. You cannot cleanse repentance btw.

What you can do is you can pull ( as MT ) the maiden to your healers so they get DE-repentanced ( what a word ) but it also silences them , so it's not a very good tactic. Usually having been topped off and having rejuv / renew / etc on you you should be able to go through repentance without needing the extra healing.

Sounds like me the only reason you can have for not dispelling fast enough is not having installed Decursive 2.0 , and that's easily solved :)

-Puss
Puss

Postby Rhaenys » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:50 am

For some reason, I have this bizarre thinking that rank 1 BoSac won't do me enough damage to snap me out of repentance so I use rank 2 BoSac.

I used rank 1 last night with no probs.
Rhaenys

Postby Xanatos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 am

Bubblegirl wrote:
For some reason, I have this bizarre thinking that rank 1 BoSac won't do me enough damage to snap me out of repentance so I use rank 2 BoSac.

I used rank 1 last night with no probs.

Paranoia FTL.

Will downrank all the way from now on.
Xanatos

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 am

Repentence breaks on any damage, no matter how small. There's no damage threshold.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Mahale » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:46 am

yep the other night my group only had two healers so anytime where it was a one tank situtaion I healed and my biggest moment o glory came with maiden we wiped twice because I was on cleanse and help heal tank duty I was too busy cleansing ( I didn't have smart debuff I'm a bad healer) and so the tank died.. next time all I died was bos and healed the tank and we beat her easy.
Mahale

Postby Jaydin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:46 am

i actually welcomed (havent healed her in a while on my pally) the damage done via bosac...a quick heal and more mana 4 me! wewt
Jaydin

Postby Xanatos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:39 am

BoSac nerf!

Off the top of my head, I can't recall how often she does repentance but is it still possible (with some clever timing) to still be able to BoSac the tank in time for each repentance?

Maybe casting BoSac 28 secs before repentance so it'll run out just after you get snapped out of repentance and have the CD up for the next round.
Xanatos

Postby Downpour » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 am

It's more frequent that every 60s.
It'll likely still be possible with the new changes, but I'm still going to favour running in and getting hit to get broken out of it if i need to.
Downpour

Postby Jaydin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:02 am

aye - i believe it is, in fact, a 30 second cycle, with the chance that she skips it once in a while
Jaydin

Next

Return to Karazhan