Druid Healers and me...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby rodos » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:19 pm

I've done SH runs with two different resto druids and had a good run both times.

First time was a ways back - me in greens an blues with 11k HP fully buffed. The 5-mob pulls from the sides after the gauntlet could burst me down to 500 HP. The healer laughed said "Damn. I had to shift out of tree form".

The second time everyone's gear was T4/badge level. The healer was running the group and was a bit suicidal. He never went tree form, and just kept pulling more mobs into my consecrate with moonfire. Took on two of those nasty packs at once and never went below about 60% health.

So, my (limited) experience is - resto druid = good-to-awesome.
rodos

Postby Bughead » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Most days I run three to four heroics a day , and have been for some time now.

Give me a choice of priest , shammy , resto paly or druid and I'll take the druid every time .

Awsome healers , and most nvr leave tree form
Bughead

refusing

Postby djellum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:31 pm

one of the biggest problems druids have is players restricting themselves. Sounds like maybe your freind might be doing it.

theres no reason not to use tree form if your hot'n. if you need HT push the button and it will cast just fine (the autoshift from the last patch is awsome). work a shift back to bark into your rotation if you get back in a solid position or keep with the HT. nothing lost but a little mana, unless he is unwilling to shift and waits too long.

I dont run tree anymore, just cause i like the versatility of my dreamstate build. your friend might want to look into it if he's not spec'd to dreamstate already. dont know about how viable it is in raids. I may have to change when I get there but i'm gonna at least try it out. you get lots more raw healing from dreamstate and if hes not using tree form it might fit his style better.
djellum

Postby Zahir » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:44 am

When the healer outgears the heroic instance, i don't mind taking them. When they are starting to work on gear, that's when i run into trouble with druids healing and running OOM for spamming healing touch. Thing is, it's a tank-healer relationship, if you hardly take dmg in heroics having a average healer isn't that big of a deal.

I've had plenty of druid healers keep me up just fine, and some have even asked me to take more dmg cause they are bored.
Zahir

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics