Karazhan - Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Daeren wrote:CC ios one thing, turn undead, traps, shackle and whatnot.

But for MTing, it's a real pisser. Have a fury warrior or someone who will produce pretty high aggro build aggro on moroes (KLH threat meters help here), then put blessing of sacrifice on him. Have some timer that makes you remember to keep it up at all times. Sacrifice does remove gouge.

One hit, and he's basck to you. It's a real pisser if you do it like that. Of course, the easiest was when I got garroted. So, do not break garrote on yourself.

We did the AOE tank method last week, and we left the prot warrior alive so he'd break gouge on me. It's worth noting that he sucks, he attacks slow and almost never hits. It may be better to leave 2 alive. Our DPS warrior ended up dying near the end, while that silly prot warrior kept missing me while I was gouged. You may want to CC the MS warrior though, we didn't have him in our grp, but I wouldn't want that debuff using the AOE method.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Rhaenys » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:11 am

With one or more of the adds on you, will they still attack you when your gouged and break the gouge?
Rhaenys

Postby Tybalt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:28 am

Has anyone had issues with the Garrote not being dispelled when Moroes dies? I checked the latest patch notes and didn't see any official announcement about it. I'm hoping that what happened to us last night was a bug, and not the way things are supposed to work from now on.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:38 am

Garrote hasn't fallen off any time I've done it, I don't think.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aina » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:59 am

Lore wrote:Garrote hasn't fallen off any time I've done it, I don't think.

Ditto

Bubbling and BoP break it though.
Aina

Postby Vylee » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:11 am

Bubblegirl wrote:With one or more of the adds on you, will they still attack you when your gouged and break the gouge?

The best answer I can provide is "Kinda". :wink: If your gouged, Moroes will immediately turn away to kill off your raid. However an add that is in mid swing (or because of lag) may still break it which will snap Moroes back on you. If the add wasn't swinging though he to will turn and go after the raid.

My guild just started Karazhan this week and I (a tankadin of course) am MT. The way we do Moroes is we shackle 2 adds and I tank Moroes and the prot warrior add if he's up (Crispen I believe). Our warrior offtank and DPS will down the mana drain add (Dorothee) while I tank Moroes and Crispen. When Moroes gouges me, *most* of the time Crispen is in mid swing and will break it immediately. First attempt he gouged 4 times in a row and Crispen didn't break it. Second attempt Crispen broke it every single time and I tanked the entire fight without getting garrotted once.

Your mileage might vary but this strategy has been working well for us and we just started Kara. My gear is descent for starting out Kara but I'm still at 6% crushable with around 15Khp raid buffed. Still need to get my libram.
Vylee

Postby Rhaenys » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:39 am

However an add that is in mid swing (or because of lag) may still break it which will snap Moroes back on you. If the add wasn't swinging though he to will turn and go after the raid.

That is what I was thinking. I have only been to Kara once for the Curator (tank had to leave), so I had not had the opportunity to do Moroes yet. But had heard of AoE tanking the whole group with a geared tank. I am about to be a MT for a new group, and was thinking of tanking 1-2 adds with Moroes.
Rhaenys

Postby Tybalt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:41 am

Aina wrote:
Lore wrote:Garrote hasn't fallen off any time I've done it, I don't think.

Ditto

Bubbling and BoP break it though.

Yep, we've used those tools to deal with it before. But, in the past, garrote consistently would fall off once Moroes was dead, leaving us unhindered in dealing with any remaining adds. According to wowwiki: "All garrotes are automatically removed when Moroes is defeated (though it sometimes is not due to a bug). If the encounter is reset the garrotes are not removed."

Must have just been a bug.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby ari » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 pm

@ aoeing adds:

had zero trouble aoeing two of the adds (with my back to moroes to get 2nd aggro via cons) last night on my first time in there; one got shackled, one frostbolt kited.

next time will definitely be trying aoeing 3 adds (cant see us doing kara without at least 1 priest) to see how it goes.

@ garotte bug

we also had the garotte bug; a clothy was still being healed from the damage tic after the loot had been distributed >.<
ari

Postby Aina » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:42 am

We always do Moroes with 1 Priest.

Shackle 1 mob, preferably the MS warrior. Shadow Priest or Holy Priest add get DPS'd down, while a 3rd add gets kited or trapped for a bit untill that first add is down. And the 4th add get's tanked by Moroes' offtank or me.

So our kill order is (with raid marks):
DPS down Cross right away. (Shadow Priest or Holy Priest)
Kite/trap Star and DPS it down after Cross. (Holy Priest or Ret Paladin)
DPS Moroes, and Triangle-add during Vanish. Finish both.
Kill shackled (Diamond) add. (MS Warrior or Ret Paladin)
Profit!

Gouge isn't a problem at all when you have a good OT. Just make sure you keep dispelling blind at all times.
Aina

Moroes No CC

Postby Chadoxx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 am

Started 3rd Kara group for my guild as the MT and pulled off what my guild thought was impossible: No CC on Moroes. An idea I got from this forum ;).

Had no hunters, and no priests so No CC except 2 turn undeads. Ran in Tanked 3 adds and feared MS warrior while Druid and Fury warrior tanked Moroes. Took out all the adds easily and everyone was able to focus on Moroes. How was this guy ever hard?
Chadoxx Lvl 70 Tankadin, Baelgun
Chadoxx

Postby Everlight » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm

IMO, the main challenge with Moroes is the same as the Wizard of Oz event - restoring order to the chaos.

The initial pull is chaotic and full of random elements. If you can bring order to the fight after that initial pull, that's the main challenge under control.
Everlight

Postby Keiya » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:49 pm

It's probably also worth noting (if it hasn't been mentioned already): The entire encounter will reset if any of the adds leave the room. This means that you have to be careful with using fear...if they're near either exit, it's probably safer to not turn, or to only turn if your stun is up.
Keiya - 70 - Proudmoore
"If everything had a point, there would be no place to sit."
HDO - Keiya's WoW Drivel
Keiya

Postby Leidus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Keiya wrote:It's probably also worth noting (if it hasn't been mentioned already): The entire encounter will reset if any of the adds leave the room. This means that you have to be careful with using fear...if they're near either exit, it's probably safer to not turn, or to only turn if your stun is up.

I thought they changed that in a recent patch?

Last few times we've had to run out, him and his lackeys chased us to the instance's front door.
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby Keiya » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:22 pm

It has to only be an add. If Moroes leaves the room first, the encounter still continues iirc.
Keiya - 70 - Proudmoore
"If everything had a point, there would be no place to sit."
HDO - Keiya's WoW Drivel
Keiya

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan