Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 am

Worldie wrote:The HP of the main tank don't matter.

Hurtful hits the highest HP target in melee range who is not the current aggro holder.
On a second note, use 2 OT to be sure. Even just a DPS war in stam gear.


Yep, tanked this holy, because it's an ability and not just a melee strike it cannot crush. Doesn't matter who you stick in to do it as long as they have the HP to get the strike and the armor to not go splat after it hits them.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 am

We had a strange night last night.

We've got a good group, very good dps, decent tanks (I'm kinda 3rd/4th tank after 2 warriors and a feral) and quite a mature team. We 1 shot all of TK (inc kael) and killed Rage/Anetheron first ever pull on Thursday. We took down Kazrogal + Azgalor on sunday (bearing in mind it's our first week in MH).

Yesterday we ventured into BT for the first time and tried Naj'entus and 1 shot him.We got to Supremus for the first time last night and were expecting pretty much free loot after reading everywhere how easy he was.

After stuggling to sort a few things out with healing not keeping up with tanks on the pull we finally got started. But it seemed that by the time we got to the 2nd/3rd phase 2 we were getting so many volcanoes spawning that we were losing 2/3 healers and dps every time - to the point where we couldn't keep tanks up/dps him fast enough.

We tried a kiting strategy where we'd drag him from the top of the room to the bottom, then tank him at the bottom, then in p2 kite him back up the top where we'd tank him again. But we'd still lose a couple of people to volcanoes every time and eventually it wore us down.

The main problem seemed to be the volcanoes which seemed to have a massive AOE - the damage on the tanks was certainly healable (although we occassionally lost a dps to hurtful strikes) - I tanked him for most of the trys (with a druid and warrior OT (well the warrior was supposed to MT - but was struggling to pick him up after a transition so I ended up grabbing him most of the time)).

What do people do about kiting him in p2? Do you run around like headless chickens or actually direct him to a certain place? How do we stop our dps and healers getting volcanoed. Are our healers and dps just being noobish?
Image
User avatar
Base
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am

Postby Tekkel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:38 am

Tbh I've done the fight twice now and we just spread out in p2 and kite him around the upper part of the area. If people die solely to volcano damage they are just not paying attention. Ie finishing their cast instead of strafing away. U shouldn't get hit by them really and maybe if it spawns right below u, u might get hit once or twice which means 3-6k damage. Have em bandage up or something cause it's just nabbish dieing to volcanos.
User avatar
Tekkel
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 am
Location: EU Silvermoon

Postby Questioner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:35 am

The only reason people get hit by volcanoes is because they stop moving. There is rarely a need to stop moving during the kite phase. Combine these two together and win.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
User avatar
Questioner
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: US Gorgonnash, Elis Guild

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:00 am

Elthar wrote:We had a strange night last night.

We've got a good group, very good dps, decent tanks (I'm kinda 3rd/4th tank after 2 warriors and a feral) and quite a mature team. We 1 shot all of TK (inc kael) and killed Rage/Anetheron first ever pull on Thursday. We took down Kazrogal + Azgalor on sunday (bearing in mind it's our first week in MH).

Yesterday we ventured into BT for the first time and tried Naj'entus and 1 shot him.We got to Supremus for the first time last night and were expecting pretty much free loot after reading everywhere how easy he was.

After stuggling to sort a few things out with healing not keeping up with tanks on the pull we finally got started. But it seemed that by the time we got to the 2nd/3rd phase 2 we were getting so many volcanoes spawning that we were losing 2/3 healers and dps every time - to the point where we couldn't keep tanks up/dps him fast enough.

We tried a kiting strategy where we'd drag him from the top of the room to the bottom, then tank him at the bottom, then in p2 kite him back up the top where we'd tank him again. But we'd still lose a couple of people to volcanoes every time and eventually it wore us down.

The main problem seemed to be the volcanoes which seemed to have a massive AOE - the damage on the tanks was certainly healable (although we occassionally lost a dps to hurtful strikes) - I tanked him for most of the trys (with a druid and warrior OT (well the warrior was supposed to MT - but was struggling to pick him up after a transition so I ended up grabbing him most of the time)).

What do people do about kiting him in p2? Do you run around like headless chickens or actually direct him to a certain place? How do we stop our dps and healers getting volcanoed. Are our healers and dps just being noobish?


Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 am

Warrender wrote:Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.


That's a good point - will mention it.

Do volcanoes spawn randomly or on people? If they spawn on people, having everyone bunching up where we are eventually gonna tank him does seem like a bad idea in hindsight.
Image
User avatar
Base
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 am

Elthar wrote:
Warrender wrote:Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.


That's a good point - will mention it.

Do volcanoes spawn randomly or on people? If they spawn on people, having everyone bunching up where we are eventually gonna tank him does seem like a bad idea in hindsight.


They target a random person and spawn on them.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 am

I am not a happy bunny on this fight, as DPS I get one shot all the time by hurtful strikes and so does the rest of the melee. It's not even us moving in too early, I've been splated towards the end of the tank phase too. Is 3 tanks not enough or are healers not topping off the tanks fast enough? We kill him easily enough but I'd love to save on repairs on this silly fight :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah when we first started this fight I was healing, but we lost melee far too fast when the tanks weren't topped off, so I chucked on my stamina gear (was crushable but didn't worry too much about that) and this helped a lot because there was always another tank to take the hit while the others heal up. Trouble is his hurtfuls can sometimes come pretty fast, so if the MT is taking constant damage and the two offtanks take an unavoided hit each dropping all of them to 10k the rogue/shammy/retri gets 1 shot. So it might be worth gimping your stamina a bit to ensure that doesn't happen.

Plus it really surprised me how fast those hatefuls come...
Image
User avatar
Base
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:12 am

My stamina isn't that high as ret (about 10.7K HP buffed), other than clicking off fortitude I'm not sure what we can do other than me staying prot for BT so we have four tanks. I hope we try that next time, although some of the excuses we got were really daft (apparently the bears frequently moved out of melee range when there was a fire patch so the melee were supposed to read their mind and move out too?! l2strath!).

Luckily straight after Supremus is Akama, the perfect antidote after a bum fight. Chain bloodlusts in the melee group ftw! :D
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Postby Questioner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:21 am

Image

Nobody enjoys this boss.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
User avatar
Questioner
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: US Gorgonnash, Elis Guild

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 am

That's hideous.

Better than though than "Supremus' hurtful strike hits you for 16K. You die." :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Postby Cakes » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:57 am

Questioner wrote:Image

Nobody enjoys this boss.


It's also better than what he used to do, which was hateful again right after one was dodged. Our rogues thoroughly enjoyed that.
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Postby Splug » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am

If it's like Patchwerk, he'll just throw one every second or so. If it hits, odds are you're no longer the highest hp target in melee, so he goes for the other OT. If you dodge it... that means you're still on top of health most likely, hence the observed behavior of misses being followed by another attack.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Drak » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Heh, we had some trouble with volcanoes yesterday for some reason, but still managed to kill him with 5 people up. Took 15 min and 1 second, lol. Another problem was keeping our OT up (druid) and we had all our melee die. Not sure hwy we had trouble this week, though it might have something to do with the 3 new healers we bought in. >.<
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests