Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 am

Worldie wrote:The HP of the main tank don't matter.

Hurtful hits the highest HP target in melee range who is not the current aggro holder.
On a second note, use 2 OT to be sure. Even just a DPS war in stam gear.

Yep, tanked this holy, because it's an ability and not just a melee strike it cannot crush. Doesn't matter who you stick in to do it as long as they have the HP to get the strike and the armor to not go splat after it hits them.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 am

We had a strange night last night.

We've got a good group, very good dps, decent tanks (I'm kinda 3rd/4th tank after 2 warriors and a feral) and quite a mature team. We 1 shot all of TK (inc kael) and killed Rage/Anetheron first ever pull on Thursday. We took down Kazrogal + Azgalor on sunday (bearing in mind it's our first week in MH).

Yesterday we ventured into BT for the first time and tried Naj'entus and 1 shot him.We got to Supremus for the first time last night and were expecting pretty much free loot after reading everywhere how easy he was.

After stuggling to sort a few things out with healing not keeping up with tanks on the pull we finally got started. But it seemed that by the time we got to the 2nd/3rd phase 2 we were getting so many volcanoes spawning that we were losing 2/3 healers and dps every time - to the point where we couldn't keep tanks up/dps him fast enough.

We tried a kiting strategy where we'd drag him from the top of the room to the bottom, then tank him at the bottom, then in p2 kite him back up the top where we'd tank him again. But we'd still lose a couple of people to volcanoes every time and eventually it wore us down.

The main problem seemed to be the volcanoes which seemed to have a massive AOE - the damage on the tanks was certainly healable (although we occassionally lost a dps to hurtful strikes) - I tanked him for most of the trys (with a druid and warrior OT (well the warrior was supposed to MT - but was struggling to pick him up after a transition so I ended up grabbing him most of the time)).

What do people do about kiting him in p2? Do you run around like headless chickens or actually direct him to a certain place? How do we stop our dps and healers getting volcanoed. Are our healers and dps just being noobish?
Base

Postby Tekkel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:38 am

Tbh I've done the fight twice now and we just spread out in p2 and kite him around the upper part of the area. If people die solely to volcano damage they are just not paying attention. Ie finishing their cast instead of strafing away. U shouldn't get hit by them really and maybe if it spawns right below u, u might get hit once or twice which means 3-6k damage. Have em bandage up or something cause it's just nabbish dieing to volcanos.
Tekkel

Postby Questioner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:35 am

The only reason people get hit by volcanoes is because they stop moving. There is rarely a need to stop moving during the kite phase. Combine these two together and win.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:00 am

Elthar wrote:We had a strange night last night.

We've got a good group, very good dps, decent tanks (I'm kinda 3rd/4th tank after 2 warriors and a feral) and quite a mature team. We 1 shot all of TK (inc kael) and killed Rage/Anetheron first ever pull on Thursday. We took down Kazrogal + Azgalor on sunday (bearing in mind it's our first week in MH).

Yesterday we ventured into BT for the first time and tried Naj'entus and 1 shot him.We got to Supremus for the first time last night and were expecting pretty much free loot after reading everywhere how easy he was.

After stuggling to sort a few things out with healing not keeping up with tanks on the pull we finally got started. But it seemed that by the time we got to the 2nd/3rd phase 2 we were getting so many volcanoes spawning that we were losing 2/3 healers and dps every time - to the point where we couldn't keep tanks up/dps him fast enough.

We tried a kiting strategy where we'd drag him from the top of the room to the bottom, then tank him at the bottom, then in p2 kite him back up the top where we'd tank him again. But we'd still lose a couple of people to volcanoes every time and eventually it wore us down.

The main problem seemed to be the volcanoes which seemed to have a massive AOE - the damage on the tanks was certainly healable (although we occassionally lost a dps to hurtful strikes) - I tanked him for most of the trys (with a druid and warrior OT (well the warrior was supposed to MT - but was struggling to pick him up after a transition so I ended up grabbing him most of the time)).

What do people do about kiting him in p2? Do you run around like headless chickens or actually direct him to a certain place? How do we stop our dps and healers getting volcanoed. Are our healers and dps just being noobish?

Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 am

Warrender wrote:Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.

That's a good point - will mention it.

Do volcanoes spawn randomly or on people? If they spawn on people, having everyone bunching up where we are eventually gonna tank him does seem like a bad idea in hindsight.
Base

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 am

Elthar wrote:
Warrender wrote:Think about where you want to tank him after you stop kiting him. That is where you don't want volcanoes to be so just kite accordingly. We have everyone just kite him along the sides and keep the middle clear from possible volcano spawns.

That's a good point - will mention it.

Do volcanoes spawn randomly or on people? If they spawn on people, having everyone bunching up where we are eventually gonna tank him does seem like a bad idea in hindsight.

They target a random person and spawn on them.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 am

I am not a happy bunny on this fight, as DPS I get one shot all the time by hurtful strikes and so does the rest of the melee. It's not even us moving in too early, I've been splated towards the end of the tank phase too. Is 3 tanks not enough or are healers not topping off the tanks fast enough? We kill him easily enough but I'd love to save on repairs on this silly fight :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah when we first started this fight I was healing, but we lost melee far too fast when the tanks weren't topped off, so I chucked on my stamina gear (was crushable but didn't worry too much about that) and this helped a lot because there was always another tank to take the hit while the others heal up. Trouble is his hurtfuls can sometimes come pretty fast, so if the MT is taking constant damage and the two offtanks take an unavoided hit each dropping all of them to 10k the rogue/shammy/retri gets 1 shot. So it might be worth gimping your stamina a bit to ensure that doesn't happen.

Plus it really surprised me how fast those hatefuls come...
Base

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:12 am

My stamina isn't that high as ret (about 10.7K HP buffed), other than clicking off fortitude I'm not sure what we can do other than me staying prot for BT so we have four tanks. I hope we try that next time, although some of the excuses we got were really daft (apparently the bears frequently moved out of melee range when there was a fire patch so the melee were supposed to read their mind and move out too?! l2strath!).

Luckily straight after Supremus is Akama, the perfect antidote after a bum fight. Chain bloodlusts in the melee group ftw! :D
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Questioner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:21 am

Nobody enjoys this boss.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lieris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 am

That's hideous.

Better than though than "Supremus' hurtful strike hits you for 16K. You die." :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:57 am

Questioner wrote:Image

Nobody enjoys this boss.

It's also better than what he used to do, which was hateful again right after one was dodged. Our rogues thoroughly enjoyed that.
Cakes

Postby Splug » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am

If it's like Patchwerk, he'll just throw one every second or so. If it hits, odds are you're no longer the highest hp target in melee, so he goes for the other OT. If you dodge it... that means you're still on top of health most likely, hence the observed behavior of misses being followed by another attack.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Drak » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Heh, we had some trouble with volcanoes yesterday for some reason, but still managed to kill him with 5 people up. Took 15 min and 1 second, lol. Another problem was keeping our OT up (druid) and we had all our melee die. Not sure hwy we had trouble this week, though it might have something to do with the 3 new healers we bought in. >.<
Drak

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple