Remove Advertisements

Aran - Didn't drink

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sthallas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:27 am

Makaijin wrote:
Shirak wrote:You can't bubble out of the sheep...

Thats good to hear, saves me trying on my next run tomorrow.

But you can bubble immediately after the sheep ends and before the Pyro reaches you so that you take no dmg from it and can cast a heal out to someone that may not be fully topped off.

Btw, what's with all the Kara bugs lately? Last night after winning the Chess event there was no loot or badges in the chest... ugh.
Sthallas

Postby thejuice » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Guillex wrote:Kara's been kinda buggy lately ... We were sitting near the wall before the spellshades after aran ... lo and behold, nobody moved, no consecrate or anything ... and all /3/ ... ALL THREE packs of shades come and wtfpwn us.

That same thing happened to us. The shades were about a bajillion yards away, and ALL OF THEM, including the ones right before the ethereals came. we were all like "WTF who pulled" and immediately blamed the mage, and then rofled for like 5 mins
thejuice

Postby Dazhbog » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 am

Makaijin wrote:I'm not sure if it was a bug or intended, but I did manage to stop Aran drinking. On Aran I tend to dps in my tank gear so I can tank the elementals as this group have a lack of locks willing to attend.

So on last week's run my SoB backlash broke myself from being sheeped. So instead of dispelling the other's sheep I just continued dps, which actually stopped him from drinking. I think Aran potted as his mana had a sudden 10% jump and he then casts his mass AoE Pyroblast/Fireball early. 30 secs later Aran decided to sheep us all again for another drinking session.

I think next time i do Aran I'll bubble out of his sheep on purpose to disrupt his drinking and see if the same happens again.

Shaman + searing totem = no drinkin' for Aran. We use this a lot, mainly because it's funny. Snake trap will disrupt him, too (and they count as spell targets, so the hunters use them all fight long. Room full of snakes!)
Dazhbog

Postby Tyaera » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 pm

In a 3-4 hour clear, your raid will likely have enough DPS to kill Aran before he can drink anyway, even if you interrupt nothing.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Mystra » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:39 pm

The day I hit 70 I offtanked a kara pug for a guild that could start SSC if they felt like it, I ended up judging wisdom and offhealing most the of the raid due to the nicely geared prot pally. During chess I was stuck with moving grunts out of the way, 2nd time i changed peices i fell through the floor and landed in Curator's hall; had a big lolfest about that. Of course the nice boots dropped and they couldnt ML them to me, took 5 days for a GM to send em over. I've ran kara dozens of times on my lock and rogue and have never seen that.
Mystra

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:34 pm

Ana wrote:Quick question about Aran's aggro, does he have an aggro table? If perchance I bubbled during the Aran fight would he chase down a healer?

There is a partial answer below he is untankable dont even try pallys usually put on healing gear warriors go into dps dual weild mode. You shouldn't have anything resembling a normal tank as really there is no point your 150dps of your tank is a waste.

You need melee to stop him going after the clothies if you spell lock him and on melee he hits for like 500-1K or something the healers just heal who he targets they should know that.

This is the one fight everyone gets to go max dps :)

As a pally in healing gear I usually focus on keeping the mage(s) alive because they usually have the least HP and 1 error into a blizzard or 3 targets from Aran in a row and they will die.

Edit: I should also say very very infrequently we have had him for some reason move to melee a caster you or the other tank can taunt him while he is in melee frame of mind even if you are in your healing gear he will hit you for peanuts.
ldeboer

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 am

My favorite recent kara bug was when my pawn in chess died, I was exited into midair in Curator's room (instead of the platform in the chess room). Fell to the ground and had to run all the way back....

Weird bugs in Kara lately.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Opera error

Postby Pillar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:04 pm

i had the chess/curator bug too. i missed out on 2 badges and a healing piece i couldve used for OH.

but recently, we were doing Opera. it was Oz. we lost 3 dps due to them not doing what was told. thought it would be a wipe- had MT, OT, 2 dps, and 2 healers.

i had the lion and toto as the OT. we killed the strawman, the lion, killed the tin man, and as i said to NOT focus on tito (at this point he had about 10-15% left due to being in consecrate and HS damage for a LONG fight), the 2 dps take him down in 2 seconds. we all look at dorothy and wait for the enrage... and it never happens. we proceed to kill her and kill the crone, shocked that we were still alive, and sitting there thinking it was one massively long fight...
Pillar

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Sthallas wrote:Btw, what's with all the Kara bugs lately? Last night after winning the Chess event there was no loot or badges in the chest... ugh.

You probably won't get any loot replaced, but each person who was in the raid can open a ticket and get the badges. It takes about 4-6 days. I was able to get mine when I got teleported to mid-air in Curator's room during the Chess event and then was locked out of the room and not able to get badges.

When loot actually drops that you're not able to get, you can also petition to get that transferred. The person who received the item due to the bug needs to open the ticket to make the request. I got an item in a raid I shouldn't have and opened a ticket - the item was later transferred to the proper person. I also got a tanking ring for my paladin that a warlock accidentally got in a regular instance when he misread it. He opened the ticket and I received it in the mail a few days later from Blizzard.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Shirak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:29 pm

We've had alot of problems with folks falling through the floor on chess lately also.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Previous

Return to Karazhan