Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby enbee » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:16 am

strydaris wrote:Out of curiosity has anyone tried to OT this in healing gear? With of course your need SR and stam but anyone add more then a shield and mace for healing?

My guild can kill her fine but I want to do more then just sit there with my thumbs up my partnering OTs butt. I can see already that you dont need to be uncritable from what I am reading here already.


Our first couple of kills I ot'd in "healing" gear, well, healing rings/neck and weapon/shield and the bol libram, was folspamming the mt for 1200~, druid had 3 lifeblooms rolling on me anyways, they're wasted if I don't get hit :p
Image
LoL, a paladin tank!
User avatar
enbee
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:18 am

Postby Drak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:38 am

Got her to 4% on our first night and then wiped due to a bad FA. Overall though, the only reason she didn't die though was because people didn't know how to slip up on FA. People were just picking one direction and running and wouldn't stop or change direction for like 5 seconds even if they were running right by another person with FA. Then again, we just killed RoS last week and are scraping by with SR gear so meh. I just wish people were more aware of what direction to run in. We also only had something like 6-7 healers total for the attempt we got her to 4%, and if one of our SR capped healers didn't lose their internet we might have won.
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Questioner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:56 am

You could try the EasyMother mod. It gives you arrows to run and a stopsign when to stop.

We tank her on the wall in a corner so it was obvious where you couldn't run :D
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
User avatar
Questioner
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: US Gorgonnash, Elis Guild

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:53 am

Afraithe wrote:I run with just over 200 (with buff) in SR, thats like neck, cloak and boots, when offtanking.


Is this the standard load out now?

We are going to be starting her next week.
Image
Dragonzbane
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:58 am
Location: In the Forums, stirring the pot.

Postby Lore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 am

I wear a full 365 SR when offtanking, just because the only thing that really ever kills me is when FA's get ported on top of the tanks.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Afraithe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 am

Dunno if its standard, but its as much gear I'm willing to trade off in order to get better protection from the shadow damage, also helps resist some of the silences I think.

I try to keep as much dodge gear as possible, since the cleave can be dodged. Also, if Fatal Attraction spawns on the tanks or close, I hit the dodge trinket button, so even if I take a lot of shadow damage, chances are ill dodge at least 1 cleave from Mother Sharaz, giving our healers time to keep me up.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Questioner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 am

I wore 180 unbuffed SR and the rest MT gear. Barely took any damage. We use the wall tank strategy and the ported people were never by the tanks.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
User avatar
Questioner
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: US Gorgonnash, Elis Guild

Postby Zyxa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 am

I wear necklace, cloak, bracers and belt for ~288 buffed shadow res. I tend to heal once the fight gets going so relucant to drop any lower due to silences.
Image
Zyxa
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:54 am

Postby Drak » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:04 am

Killed her last night on our 2nd attempt after some repositioning. All 3 tanks wore 0 SR gear, just regular tanking gear. I still helped out by HL-ing anyone that needed it and then hitting mother (who had JoW bein kept up by our ret pally) and getting mana back from that and being healed up from saber lashes. We BARELY had enough SR to go around which is why we had some trouble before. It's a shame that this fight hurts more the faster you progress through BT, as we've only been doing T6 since mid-late january so our heart suply is low.
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Bryne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 am

We farmed up all the hearts we needed in two weeks. Once you get to Mother, you can clear all the Den of Delights trash with ~10 people with breaks to let the instance reset. We let people free roll on gems while they were there since we just needed hearts; this might not be as big as an incentive if you're on a server where gem prices have plummeted since the 2.4 news, but it's still free money.
User avatar
Bryne
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:18 pm

Postby Afraithe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 am

Drak wrote:Killed her last night on our 2nd attempt after some repositioning. All 3 tanks wore 0 SR gear, just regular tanking gear. I still helped out by HL-ing anyone that needed it and then hitting mother (who had JoW bein kept up by our ret pally) and getting mana back from that and being healed up from saber lashes. We BARELY had enough SR to go around which is why we had some trouble before. It's a shame that this fight hurts more the faster you progress through BT, as we've only been doing T6 since mid-late january so our heart suply is low.


You should certainly not hit Mother from that position, you will cause parries and that could parry-gib your MT.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Morganim » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

Afraithe wrote:
Drak wrote:Killed her last night on our 2nd attempt after some repositioning. All 3 tanks wore 0 SR gear, just regular tanking gear. I still helped out by HL-ing anyone that needed it and then hitting mother (who had JoW bein kept up by our ret pally) and getting mana back from that and being healed up from saber lashes. We BARELY had enough SR to go around which is why we had some trouble before. It's a shame that this fight hurts more the faster you progress through BT, as we've only been doing T6 since mid-late january so our heart suply is low.


You should certainly not hit Mother from that position, you will cause parries and that could parry-gib your MT.


Wrong
its been fixed, we can do our leet 200dps now
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Questioner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:08 am

They disabled parry haste on Mother.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
User avatar
Questioner
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: US Gorgonnash, Elis Guild

Postby Warrender » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:16 am

One of of these days I'm just going to /dance and see if anyone notices.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Drak » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:27 am

Warrender wrote:One of of these days I'm just going to /dance and see if anyone notices.


We had our druid offtank go afk for an 'emergency' and we just told her to get in bearform so we could keep going and it worked fine. I've gotten up to get drinks and use the bathroom during attempts too and nobody noticed.
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest