Remove Advertisements

Improved Judgement

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby DJSticky » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:31 am

Lore wrote:Judgement is not on global cooldown, so like I said before... you don't have to wait at all. It's just the reseal that you might have to wait for, and that's not super important.

No I understand this trust me, but yea it's the GCD from the reseal that would cause me not to be able to HS right away, henece waiting to reseal thus usualy 1 swing w/o seal.

Mby I'm off on my timing? I dunno my thinking at the time of the respec was I'm already sitting around non judging it untill after HS so why bother?
DJSticky

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:35 am

DJSticky wrote:
Lore wrote:Judgement is not on global cooldown, so like I said before... you don't have to wait at all. It's just the reseal that you might have to wait for, and that's not super important.

No I understand this trust me, but it's the GCD from the reseal that would cause me not to be able to HS right away, henece waiting to reseal thus usualy 1 swing w/o seal.

Mby I'm off on my timing?

You will occaisionally have a swing without a seal if you don't hold up on one of them.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Nich » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I'm quite happy trading off the occsaional hit without a JoR proc, if it means a little more burst threat - or burst threat that can be used more often - is in my tolbox, for when things go pear-shaped.

Of course, if you're the only melee paladin, and have to swap judged seals on the boss, then having a quicker cooldown, IMO, also means going back to producing threat, faster.
Nich

Postby DJSticky » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:12 pm

Yea I can see the pros of having IJ.

Here is my situation. I'm still about 2k points away from the S2 Glad mace, this will solve nearly all my spell damage worries. At this point it's just a worry of "When my dps gears up more am I still goign to be able to hold such a commanding agro lead?" My top DPSers are mages who usualy show me 750-800 DPS. On boss fights I never have to tell them to slow down and I usualy tank those fights with T4 helm and CB+40dmg, that's it.

Imp SoTC seemed very sexy to me. The main goal of this spec was to see if I liked Imp SoTC and 2/5 reck more then 5/5 Reck for overall threat on bossfights. The Loss of IJ comes from me wanting to collect some data with 5/5 WE. From what I've gathered so far the loss of IJ is only a sustained TPS loss on trash when I might not always have JoTC up, same with 2/5 reck.

That being said I"m still not sure what I"ll settle with, has any one else tried these talent options and how did you feel about it?

**edit**
Just got done watching all my frapsed prince fights from before (normal 5/5 Reck, IJ build) and now (2/5 Reck, Imp SoTC) and my conculsion is... I still don't know. I can see my TPS boost when Reck is up, I think I make a little bit more threat with imp sotc but I'm really not 100% sure. Just wondering if the threat I gain off of Imp SoTC would be pretty much the same as the threat I gain from the extra Reck procs over the duration of the fight and also the fact that I really want to make use of my Imp SoTC and not puttign on JoW as much.
DJSticky

Postby Maranus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:18 am

Personally, I've contemplated breaking the 0/49/12 cookie cutter build for a 10/41/10 one, sacrificing some prot talents and IJ for imp SoR. My main reasoning for this was to save mana by judging less, whilst, by increasing the damge done by SoR and JoR keep threat at a reasonable threshold... I never really specced to 10/41/10, but now that I've nearly graduated from 5mans (blasted Elementium Band of the Sentry!) the motivation for such a respec has all but demished.
Maranus

Postby Kvaern » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:57 am

DJSticky wrote:Yea I can see the pros of having IJ.

Here is my situation. I'm still about 2k points away from the S2 Glad mace, this will solve nearly all my spell damage worries. At this point it's just a worry of "When my dps gears up more am I still goign to be able to hold such a commanding agro lead?" My top DPSers are mages who usualy show me 750-800 DPS. On boss fights I never have to tell them to slow down and I usualy tank those fights with T4 helm and CB+40dmg, that's it.

Imp SoTC seemed very sexy to me. The main goal of this spec was to see if I liked Imp SoTC and 2/5 reck more then 5/5 Reck for overall threat on bossfights. The Loss of IJ comes from me wanting to collect some data with 5/5 WE. From what I've gathered so far the loss of IJ is only a sustained TPS loss on trash when I might not always have JoTC up, same with 2/5 reck.

That being said I"m still not sure what I"ll settle with, has any one else tried these talent options and how did you feel about it?

**edit**
Just got done watching all my frapsed prince fights from before (normal 5/5 Reck, IJ build) and now (2/5 Reck, Imp SoTC) and my conculsion is... I still don't know. I can see my TPS boost when Reck is up, I think I make a little bit more threat with imp sotc but I'm really not 100% sure. Just wondering if the threat I gain off of Imp SoTC would be pretty much the same as the threat I gain from the extra Reck procs over the duration of the fight and also the fact that I really want to make use of my Imp SoTC and not puttign on JoW as much.

I find judging SoTC is inferior to JoW/JoL 99% of the time. (The last % being mobs like Void Reaver).

Keep in mind 750-800 DPS is only about 500 TPS factoring in salvation and threat reducing abilities/talents, which you can probably do w/o any spelldamage at all.
Also keep in mind ranged need another 30% threat on top of yours to actually grab aggro once you have it.
Kvaern

Postby DJSticky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:02 am

Kvaern wrote:I find judging SoTC is inferior to JoW/JoL 99% of the time. (The last % being mobs like Void Reaver).

Keep in mind 750-800 DPS is only about 500 TPS factoring in salvation and threat reducing abilities/talents, which you can probably do w/o any spelldamage at all.
Also keep in mind ranged need another 30% threat on top of yours to actually grab aggro once you have it.

Yea true, so let me ask this. What TPS do you usualy see on non exorcisable mobs with normal swing speeds? Bosses vs trash. Also whats your spell damage.

Getting off topic here I know. This is just the first forum I've found with real discussion =D
DJSticky

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations