Remove Advertisements

Give me some RESPEC! <plz>

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Give me some RESPEC! <plz>

Postby Dwarfskinner » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:58 pm

#1.) I've been reading varoius pally guides...tank and general. One area of disaggreement seems to be the worthiness of the talent Anticipation
As I build down the prot tree it seems to me that I can either put pts. here or in Toughness, which is also debated insofaras its usefulness. Thoughts?

#2.)One-handed Weapon Specialization vs. Ardent Defender.
I guess my question here is...do both of these merit 5 pts each? I'm curious because I would like to find 2 or more pts for a ret talent. Which leads me to...

#3.) Pursuit of Justice, Crusade,Improved Retribution Aura. All these look yummy to me...esp Imp Ret. Am I reaching to hard for these talents to the the detriment of my prot build?

Thanks in advance :)

Dwarfskinner
Garona
Dwarfskinner

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm

#1: 20 defense or 48 defense rating, anticipation is very useful.
If you had to choose Toughness is better. Everyone will tell you to get both.
#2: Ardent Defender is a must have, I only was able to put 3 pts in 1hspec.
#3: Nah. Take a look at my 44/17 build in my signature. Imprv Ret Aura is very good in 5 mans and grinding, well worth going for. Crusade is obviously worse than 1h spec unless you use 2handers, pursuit of justice doesnt stack with crusader aura...and for tanking you have a taunt with a 40 yd range. Might be worth getting in raids though.
Chevalier

Postby Nich » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:44 pm

I'm not worrying about the sacrifice needed to get Imp Ret Aura until I at least have the 2pc T5 set bonus.

More often t han not, I'm in a group with other warrior tanks, who all cry if I don't put dev aura up for them.
Nich

Return to Basic Training & Talents