Remove Advertisements

Off-tanking Karazhan

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Bhrimstone » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 am

grymwulf wrote:I normally offtank Kara - here's how we do it:

Boss 1: Attuman
I pull Hunstman's horse - tank until they join - then just lolhit until dead.

Boss 2: Moroes
I MT Moroes, Prot War OTs - we have a demo warlock stand on top of Moroes - she manages to grab half the stuns

Boss 3: Maiden
I Offheal maiden - Blessing of Salvation on MT keeps me up to throw lolheals on MT during Repentence

Boss 4: Opera
Depending on the event
I tank Romulo
I offtank Strawman/Toto
I offheal for big bad wolf

Boss 5: Curator
I offheal the Warlock soaker - constant spammed flash of lights usually keeps them up with Blessing of Light

* Optional * Boss 6: Illhoof
Depending on Warlock situation we either do it, or if feeling adventurous I try to AoEtank the Imps, or without Warlock and low on AoE (mages/hunters) skip

Boss 7: Shade
Offheal

Boss 8: Prince
Offheal stay in range of MT for devo aura - basically sit out Phase 1 throwing flash of light and spot-heal during Phase 2 and call out Infernals. Phase 3 heal/bl. of Prot anyone dying from the Axes

* Optional * Boss 9: Nightbane
Offtank during flight phase - using seal/judgement of wisdom during ground phase to rebuild mana. Fire aura helps dps if two charred earths down.

* Not Done Yet * Boss 10: Netherspite
Haven't done this boss yet.

Offtanking/Offhealing is a VERY good way to get geared up. Esp if you are the only pally you get all healing plate drops, and 2nd option on the tanking pieces.

I had my first Kara run this past weekend, and this is pretty much exactly the role I filled, except since it was my training wheels run, I didn't MT Morose, I maintained 2nd aggro on him with a BoSac on the MT so I couldn't be blinded - next run I'll see if I can MT him.

As for Netherspite, it's easy mode, since we use 2 tanks for the red-beam rotation.
Bhrimstone

Postby fudomyou » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:18 am

Boss 3: Maiden
I Offheal maiden - Blessing of Salvation on MT keeps me up to throw lolheals on MT during Repentence

Wait, you put salv on your tank? And your tank hasn't kicked you out yet...?

Okay, so I'm guessing this is sacrifice, but there IS a pretty big difference between the two.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby koVenant! » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:27 am

my role in kara is similar, usually off tank it with a pally main tank who's usually equally geared.

Attumen
Just pull midnight, when they combine, MT picks them up and we all set up camp around him.

Moroes
Me and the MT tank moroes next to the right table. We usually are ok with the garrotes because we have 2+ pally bubbles to hand out. Never wiped on him before.

Maiden
When we dont have a pally healer i throw on my healing set (1350 bonus) and heal the tank while he pulls Maiden to the healers to break repentance then goes back to the middle.

Opera
I tank Romulo, I tank Tin man and kite him around after i get about 30k threat, and just try and pick up the wolf when hes done chasing little red riding hood.

Curator
I off tank him and usually stay at around 90% of the MT's threat incase the healers forget their job.

Shade of Aran
Throw on my healing set and throw the healers heals so they don't have to heal themselves unless needed.

Illhoof
I tank the imp and we have a lock rape the imps or a fire resistance (400+) everything he resists, returns mana to him, not sure what the talent is called exactly.

Prince
I try and do some DPS to prince and not die =/

Netherspite
Just share the red beam with the main tank after he gets nether exhaustion.

Nightbane
Try and dps him, tank the skellies with holy wrath and consecration spam.
koVenant!

Postby grymwulf » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:54 am

fudomyou wrote:Wait, you put salv on your tank? And your tank hasn't kicked you out yet...?

Okay, so I'm guessing this is sacrifice, but there IS a pretty big difference between the two.

You are right, that should read Blessing of Sacrifice. Wrote my original post rather late at night.
grymwulf

Previous

Return to Karazhan