Heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroics

Postby Dénuq » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:20 pm

hi..new poster to this site just want say hello ..and love what you all have done here for the paladin class

just needing some advice on if i can do heroics in the gear i have

i heard someone saying that you done need 102% avoidance for heroics just wondering if that is true i posted my armory link below

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... D%C3%A9nuq

armor 15k
def 460
14% dodge
14% parry
20% block
206 resilience

thanks for any advice about heroics in advance..im waiting change my wep till maybe patch 2.4 season 2 wep or maybe even get the 199+ spell dmg one dont know yet

and i am lacking few enchants bring other bits up ..so just advice on if its possible to do heroics..if anyone can do the math on my total avoidance /dmg reduce

thanks in advance
Dénuq

Postby NarfJones » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:43 am

No, you don't need 102.4% avoidance.

You need 485 defense, or some added resilience, to be uncrittable and a few hours to attempt the easier heroics to see if your other gear matches up. My suggestion would be to lay off the pvp gear and get some actual tanking gear.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Dénuq » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:45 am

NarfJones wrote:No, you don't need 102.4% avoidance.

You need 485 defense, or some added resilience, to be uncrittable and a few hours to attempt the easier heroics to see if your other gear matches up. My suggestion would be to lay off the pvp gear and get some actual tanking gear.

so what you saying?

460 def + 206 resilience is not enough ?

if i add couple more def enchants should be 485 def + 206 resili...
Dénuq

Postby Neejo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Dénuq wrote:

so what you saying?

and thats when the "fun" part begins :D
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 am

Dénuq wrote:

so what you saying?

No, what I'm saying is that having resilience works if you need to make up a little of uncritability but you don't get the added avoidance/block from it like you do with +def. So having more than one piece with it is somewhat counter-productive.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:03 am

Yeah, you're way uncrittable atm, but without some avoidance in there then you're just a big healer mana sponge.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dénuq » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Ulushnar wrote:Yeah, you're way uncrittable atm, but without some avoidance in there then you're just a big healer mana sponge.

ah ok cheers
Dénuq

Postby Gimorth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 am

It looks like you have made some changes to your gear since your original post. I see you are wearing 2 pieces of Glad Ornamented Gear with the S1 Ornamented Mace. Even in heroics, I think you will have a rough time keeping aggro w/ less than 150 Spell Damage. Couple that with less than 11K unbuffed HP and I think that some groups will give up on you before you have a chance to prove yourself.

I would recommend socketing your gear, without exception. I am not usually a proponent of the blind acquisition of more stamin, however, at your current HP level, +12 Stam will do far more for you than +8 Dodge/Defense will. You will see a huge boost in your survivability if you fill all the available sockets with +12 Stam.

Finally, I would recommend getting your gear enchanted. It adds up quick and it's not like you are going to replace things like your bracers and legs very quickly, so the investment is worthwhile.

THe main theme I have noticed with regards to tanking is that your level of being able to tank is directly related to your level of dedication to BEING a tank. Gearing properly, socketing propery and enchanting properly can get expensive, but it's really the only way to get the job done without making for a miserable experience for others.
Gimorth

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics