I tanked Illidan wearing...

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

I tanked Illidan wearing...

Postby Trenzador » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:05 pm

I tanked Illidan last night (server first on our realm).

Here is a visual profile of my gear, spec and stats, enchants & gems.

I consider myself undergeared but I beat every shear and the healers kept me up.

Trenzador

Postby enbee » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Nice 30 int on your mace and stats on your bracers/chest, die plz.

That is undergeared I guess, some of it due to your poor gemming/enchanting choices !
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:56 pm

enbee wrote:due to your poor gemming/enchanting choices !

gonna have to echo that.
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Invisusira wrote:
enbee wrote:due to your poor gemming/enchanting choices !

gonna have to echo that.

You socketed for every ... single ... bonus ... there is ...

That's terrible. Not only are you wasting defense, you're losing out on a ton more stam, and you've also sunk gems into spell hit ... spell damage ... PARRY RATING?!

Lord almighty. And +int to wep is just ... bad. So's the +4 all stats on the bracers. AND the +6 all stats on the chest.

Wow. Just ... Wow.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:00 pm

I mean, make no mistake. Grats on tanking Illidan. Buuut you really should re-think your gear.
Invisusira

Postby Devilheals » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Gloating thread -50 DKP
Devilheals

Postby guillex » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:27 pm

Devilheals wrote:Gloating thread -50 DKP

Gloating?

Be gloating if he was gemmed/chanted well, lol.

Grats on beating the game, like Invis said ... But change your gear mate.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:41 am

Definitively undergeared, badly gemmed and wrongly enchanted, but at least you did it.

But seriously, consider regemming and reenchanting like everything there.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bludusk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 am

Forgive me if I appear incredibly noobcake (or noobpie as the case may be), but am I to understand that his mistake is just using improper gems? I was under the impression that gemming for +stam bonuses was a good thing.
Bludusk

Postby Trenzador » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:38 am

Ok. I posted my gear for people to see what I tanked Illidan in. And it is a little bit implied in the OP that I know I am undergeared, the point was not to gloat but when I was looking to see what kind of stats other pala tanks had when they downed Illidan I could never find out for sure what they had exactly at the time.

Now, for all the flamers, it's a little bit silly to point out how noobish I am when I just tanked Illidan. I was first tank to do it on our server.

In relation to my gems and chants. I disagree with you all on this matter, My gear is balanced and holds up, I beat all shears, I had as much stamina raid buffed as Worldie who posted above when she tanked Illidan. There is only one enchant I wanted to change and that is intellect on weapon.

I had only recently joined my guild and I was previously tanking SSC/TK and ended up running straight into BT with new guild. Which is why I am somewhat undergeared.
Trenzador

Postby Daine » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 am

Wow, just wow. Guess I'll be tanking Illidan no problem in my gear then, and I've barely set foot in Tier 6. If I were you, I'd go make sweet love to my raid leader, and my healers, they must be saints.
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
Daine

Postby nicolax » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:06 am

Trenzador wrote:Ok. I posted my gear for people to see what I tanked Illidan in. And it is a little bit implied in the OP that I know I am undergeared, the point was not to gloat but when I was looking to see what kind of stats other pala tanks had when they downed Illidan I could never find out for sure what they had exactly at the time.

Now, for all the flamers, it's a little bit silly to point out how noobish I am when I just tanked Illidan. I was first tank to do it on our server.

In relation to my gems and chants. I disagree with you all on this matter, My gear is balanced and holds up, I beat all shears, I had as much stamina raid buffed as Worldie who posted above when she tanked Illidan. There is only one enchant I wanted to change and that is intellect on weapon.

I had only recently joined my guild and I was previously tanking SSC/TK and ended up running straight into BT with new guild. Which is why I am somewhat undergeared.

doesn't matter if you are first tank on the server or not.
knowledge > quality of your gear.

if you find a guild that let you tank illidan with that, grats for you.
being an officer/raid leader in my guild i know that i would not allow any player of any class to come to a raid without proper enchant/gems and approval of their class leader.

so you can boast about it, but clearly "you were not prepared" like you should have been if you would have done research and equip yourself in your guild's best interest.
nicolax

Postby Trenzador » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 am

Daine wrote:Wow, just wow. Guess I'll be tanking Illidan no problem in my gear then, and I've barely set foot in Tier 6. If I were you, I'd go make sweet love to my raid leader, and my healers, they must be saints.

Well, my guild know I know how to tank.

It's not like I am in a guild that has Illidan on farm and they said 'let's take a pala tank for fun'

This was a first kill. And I had no t6 either.
Trenzador

Postby Afraithe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:19 am

That is just bad as hell, just shows that Illidan is to easy.
Afraithe

Postby Trenzador » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 am

nicolax wrote:knowledge > quality of your gear.

if you find a guild that let you tank illidan with that, grats for you.
being an officer/raid leader in my guild i know that i would not allow any player of any class to come to a raid without proper enchant/gems and approval of their class leader.

so you can boast about it, but clearly "you were not prepared" like you should have been if you would have done research and equip yourself in your guild's best interest.

I was not prepared? Are you blind. Illidan died. We beat him. Dead Illidan, how was I not prepared. I was crush immune to shears, I had 20.2k hp raid buffed, I was flasked, raid food, oils, ironshield pots. I beat all shears, I didn't die, we killed Illidan. I was prepared.

How the hell can you say I am not prepared when the dude is dead. LOL.

You are right, knowledge is better than gear. I knew what I needed to beat Illidan and my guild knew I could tank him.

I think I have to be done with this thread. It's all good and well to flame me as a noob and tell me I am not prepared lol but seriously listen to yourselves. Illidan died, and it didn't take us 5 weeks of wipes to do it either. It's not like I am sitting here saying to myself, holy crap I really can't progress now and go down hogger cos I can only just tank Illidan. LOL.
Trenzador

Next

Return to Black Temple