Remove Advertisements

Blizzcast 2

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby DeadMilliken » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 pm

I think you will see the following gear condensed:

Tanking Warriors and Paladins. This could be done as EASILY as developing a scaling mech for our weapons that reduces our need for spelldamage on gear.

Healers: Shammy / Paladins combined and Druids / Priests combined into one gear line.

Casters: Elemental Shammy and Bookins combined into one gear line.
(*as easy as letting boomkins wear mail and reducing the armor bonus)

The only spec left would probably be bear feral druids. Even then there exhists a few possible changes that could allow dps leather to work for it.
DeadMilliken

Postby Syria » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:16 pm

To be honest, the Podcast just mentioned the change for retribution gear. Until they mention us directly, i'd take this with a grain of salt.

However it would be the single best thing that could happen to us - no more inferior gear compared to the warrior ones, because we need extra stats, no more burdened with ridiculous drop chances (... still waiting for Najentus to drop the boots, however Myrmidons Treads get DE'ed regularly, guess i'm stuck with them for a little while longer...), and logically it would make sense, if you have soon (deathknight) three plate dps charakters that they'll share items, so it would make sense that three plate tank charakters share their gear as well.
Syria

Postby Saphier » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:51 pm

I think they should just remove spell hit for everyone and make one universal hit rating stat that effects melee and spells. Putting all taunts on melee hit was a step in the right direction.

There are only 3 classes that even utilize both types of hit rating, and druids barely even count... usually they only use all melee hit as bear or kitty or all spell hit as balance. The only exception to this is fairy fire and occasionally casting moonfire.

So that leaves enhancement shaman who occasionally cast shocks, and maybe lightning bolts if they can't melee, and paladins.

Would it really overpower anyone ?
Saphier

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Saphier wrote:I think they should just remove spell hit for everyone and make one universal hit rating stat that effects melee and spells. Putting all taunts on melee hit was a step in the right direction.

There are only 3 classes that even utilize both types of hit rating, and druids barely even count... usually they only use all melee hit as bear or kitty or all spell hit as balance. The only exception to this is fairy fire and occasionally casting moonfire.

So that leaves enhancement shaman who occasionally cast shocks, and maybe lightning bolts if they can't melee, and paladins.

Would it really overpower anyone ?

Honestly, I'd say we barely count. Judgements, Holy Shield, and Holy Shock are about it, and not too many folks have both Holy Shield and Holy Shock :). I can't speak for Shaman and Druids, but it seems like they are also specialized and don't generally do much of both at the same time.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Saphier » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:23 am

Consecrate's first tick, holy shield, holy shock, judgement, exorcism, holy wrath, Hammer of Justice, Retribution Aura and Blessing of Sanctity all run off of spell hit.

Hammer of Wrath, Crusader Strike, Seal of Command procs, Avenger's Shield, Righteous Defense, and most of our seals are based on melee hit.

Some of our abilities use both types of hit at once: Applying vindication requires melee hit and then spell hit for the debuff. Seal of Vengeance requires a melee hit to land and then spell hit to apply the debuff. Seal of command's proc is melee hit, but its judgement is spell hit.
Saphier

Previous

Return to General