Remove Advertisements

The Magister's Terrace - A Guide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The Magister's Terrace - A Guide

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm hoping to make an all in one informational reference to this new 5-man instance, catering to the tankadin.

The overall effect.
When you first step in, it feels like you are strolling around Silvermoon. For you Alliance Paladins, that translates to "outside-cramped-outside-cramped"
Mobs and Mob types
Mage Gaurd - Paladin caster type - Does a throwing weapon stun. You should sheep this one if possible as it does random target stuns, and likes healers. They also summon large magic circles that massively reduce magic damage and healing done within them.

Blood Knight - Doesn't hit too hard until heroic, but he does a nice debuff that is Seal of Vengeance like that deals 1800 damage after 3 sec. Did not see the debuff on heroic, but if it is there I would imagine it's a little higher damage. Can be cleansed. usually best just to tank this one. They also heal.

Magister - Does normal arcane damage at the level expected in a 70 dungeon.

Rogue Class - appear like undead. Basic melee. Possibly can stun in heroic.

Warlock class - Normal Warlock abilities as far as I can tell*

Warlock Pet type mobs - Actually their own mobs and do not die with the warlock. The imp and succubus can both be enslaved by a warlock. The imp does a decent amount of damage but has low HP, so it's not really ideal to enslave. The succubus, however, has a seduce ability of it's own, so with a talented warlock you've got double cc.

Arcane greenies - These are just like the arcane mobs in Mechanar. They are completely stunnable and go down pretty easily. They have a aoe that does arcane damage.

Ethereal Humanoids - You will want to cc these if you cc anything in the instance. They do a pretty nasty arcane aoe with a wide range. The damage seems to be increased to "group wiping if it's not controlled" level in heroic. They also blink before and after the aoe. Suck it up and cc.

Mana wyrms - This is what you've been waiting for. In the room before the second boss, There are 60 mana wyrms, that are succeptible to all damage, floating around the ceiling. When you kill one, the group gets a 1% increase to DPS for 15 seconds. The cool part is that you can take every worm in the room at once. It doesn't seem incredibly gear dependant to do so, but take as many as you are comfortable with. The buff maxes at a 25% bonus to DPS. This means, take the boss right after the worms are down. His life disappears pretty quickly when everyone is working with extra firepower. They also restore mana on death, so you should be topped off for the boss. One thing to note is that there is a pat that walks up and down the hallway. If she is on your end, pull her. If she is walking back, just wait, because she goes the whole way into the other room and can be avoided for the boss fight.

*I will fill in proper mob names and any other things that I missed after tonights run through.

Bosses

Selin Fireheart
Think Warlord Kalithresh from SteamVaults and you have this fight down. You'll probably notice he starts with no mana. During the fight he will move towards the crystals in the room. He will gain 10% mana per tick of draining the crystal. After he gets full mana(hope that doesn't happen) or you manage to kill the crystal(do that quickly) he begins to AoE the group until his mana is out. It's instant cast and cannot be interrupted. In Heroic he also does a Mana drain and a Life drain that can be interrupted. Kite him towards the crystal of your choice and this fight is cake.

Vexallus
This is the one you want to be fighting with the mana wyrm buff. He has quite a few hit points, but not unmanageable in any circumstance. He spawns arcane bolts, much like The Curator in Karazhan. They seem to target randomly and cannot be killed. They simply despawn. In heroic, there are 3-4 bolts at once. By the end, the debuffed parties dps is usually around 400% but the dot ticks for about 2400 every 3 seconds.

Priestess Delrissa
Think Moroes. See a theme here? She comes with 4 of a possibly 7 types of adds. The Priestess herself doesn't do much damage, so just figure how to handle the adds and you are set. Other notes: She's not tauntable, as of this version of the patch anyway. The mobs are tauntable, however, they either wipe aggro or don't have it, so it can be really annoying. All of the adds drink health pots, which don't seem to be on CD, so you have to kill them quickly or stun them once they hit 20% HP. They are all CC'able. It would also appear she heals the adds. *Paladin specific - She is humanoid, not undead, like she looks.
Kagani Nightstrike (Rogue) - Kicks, Stunlocks
Ellris Duskhallow (Warlock) - Have only seen the imp as a pet - normal warlock abilities
Yazzai (Mage) - Spell steal, Hits pretty hard
Warlord Salaris (Warrior) - Interrupts, Hits semi-hard
Garaxxas (Hunter) - Viper sting, Scatter shot
Apoko (Shaman) - Elemental, OOM pretty quickly but drinks pots, also heals
Zelfan (Engineer) - Bombs. That's about it

Kael'Thas Sunstrider
Ahh. A 25 man boss who, instead of dying after the fight, learns to divide by 4. This Badge of Honor for any guild in Tempest Keep:The Eye is now a boss in a 5-man dungeon. Although, I have to admit, this fight is tons of fun.
Abilities:
Fireball - Targets a random party member for a few hundred fire damage.
Summon Phoenix - They are really slow moving, so kiting is the best way to deal with them. Aoe's fire damage. After the phoenix dies an egg appears. Kill it or you get another phoenix.
Gravity Lapse - Air Swimming. Don't touch the ground. Don't touch the floating orbs, as they deal about 2k arcane damage, and continue dps. There is arcane damage coming in at about 350 every few seconds that needs healed through. After the gravity Lapse, he is stunned for a few seconds. Take advantage.
Flame Strike - There's a giant red pillar. Don't stand in it. In Heroic mode it will wipe the group. You have a few seconds to run away from it after the animation appears. Do so.
Pyroblast - Heroic only. 40k fire damage. It's a few second cast and cannot be interrupted. Warriors should Spell Reflect, and Paldins should Bubble. Druids should do whatever druids can do to avoid dying.
*Note: There are two statues behind him that you can click on and they shatter and reappear. This does not currently seem to accomplish anything, and are most likely just for future provisions.

*Will touch up as I get more info and the patch changes. Open to corrections
Last edited by NarfJones on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Re: The Magister's Terrace - A Guide

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:59 pm

mmm

a LOT of inaccurate info =x

I think it's only a fair warning that you know this place is pretty much all casters.
-More like 60% casters.

Mage Gaurd - Paladin caster type - Does a throwing weapon stun. You should sheep this one if possible as it does random target stuns, and likes healers.
- Summon large magic circles that massively reduce magic damage and healing done within them.

Ret Paladin - Doesn't hit too hard until heroic, but he does a nice debuff that is Seal of Vengeance like that deals 1800 damage after 3 sec. Did not see the debuff on heroic, but if it is there I would imagine it's a little higher damage. Can be cleansed. usually best just to tank this one.
- Heals.

Mage class - Does normal arcane damage at the level expected in a 70 dungeon. Also creates a bubble that, if stood in, reduces magic damage by 75% and healing received by 75%
- Ok, now I'm not sure which is which that you're talking about. Use names pls!

Warlock class - has one of two pets. The imp and succubus can both be enslaved by a warlock. The imp does a decent amount of damage but has low HP, so it's not really ideal to enslave. The succubus, however, has a seduce ability of it's own, so with a talented warlock you've got double cc.
- Succubus is actually a separate mob from the Warlock.

Vexallus
This is the one you want to be fighting with the mana wyrm buff. He has quite a few hit points, but not unmanageable in any circumstance. He spawns arcane bolts, much like The Curator in Karazhan. They do a chain lightning effect and therefore should be taken down quickly. In Heroic the adds continue constantly and need to be grabbed by the tank. They give a debuff that increases damage done but also leaves a dot. by the end dps is usually around 400% but the dot ticks for about 2400 every 3 seconds.
- The arcane bolts are actually nothing like the curator bolts.
Bolts cannot be killed and are not targetable. Bolts will aggro people and run towards them. If you're consecrating, you'll basically get every single one. When the bolt reaches a person, it will despawn and give them the debuff. In heroic mode, he spawns 3-4 bolts at once.

Priestess Delrissa
Think Moroes. See a theme here? She comes with 4 of a possibly 7 types of adds. The Priestess herself doesn't do much damage, so just figure how to handle the adds and you are set. Other notes: She's not tauntable, as of this version of the patch anyway. The mobs are tauntable. All of the adds drink health pots, which don't seem to be on CD, so you have to kill them quick or stun them once they hit 20% HP. It would also appear she heals the adds. You can tank all of them. *Paladin specific - She is humanoid, not undead.
Kagani Nightstrike (Rogue) - Kicks, Stunlocks
Ellris Duskhallow (Warlock) - Have only seen the imp as a pet - normal warlock abilities
Yazzai (Mage) - Spell steal, Hits pretty hard
Warlord Salaris (Warrior) - Interrupts, Hits semi-hard
Garaxxas (Hunter) - Viper sting, Scatter shot
Apoko (Shaman) - Elemental, OOM pretty quickly but drinks pots, also heals
Zelfan (Engineer) - Bombs. That's about it
- This fight is annoying as hell. The aggro table on all mobs is very sketchy/non-existant. Sheeps/traps are godsents in this fight. This fight is all about the AMAZING trinkets she drops in Heroic =D

Kael'Thas Sunstrider
Ahh. A 25 man boss who, instead of dying after the fight, learns to divide by 4. This Badge of Honor for any guild in Tempest Keep:The Eye is now a boss in a 5-man dungeon. Although, I have to admit, this fight is tons of fun.
Abilities:
Fireball - Targets a random party member for a few hundred fire damage.
Summon Phoenix - Have to be tanked and killed. Will kill your dps unless they are really quick. Aoe's fire damage. If you can kite it, all the better. After the phoenix dies an egg appears. Kill it or you get another phoenix.
Gravity Lapse - Air Swimming. Don't touch the ground. Don't touch the floating orbs, as they deal about 2k arcane damage, and continue dps. There is arcane damage coming in at about 350 every few seconds that needs healed through. After the gravity Lapse, he is stunned for a few seconds. Take advantage. Heroic is mostly just increased damage.
*Note: There are two statues behind him that you can click on and they shatter and reappear. This does not currently seem to accomplish anything, and are most likely just for future provisions.
- Phoenix should not be tanked, it should be kited by DPS. It does AoE damage and is very slow.
- Heroic: Raid-wiping flamestrike. Very large and obvious spinning fire animation on the ground where it will go off. RUN. Do not be in it when it goes off.
- Heroic: Pyroblast. 40k. Bubble. (Or spell reflect if you're a warrior.)
Invisusira

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:15 pm

Thanks for corrections Invis. This is going off the info that I saw and got from the DPS in the group. As far as names of mobs, I don't know them, and will edit it, as I get the information. I figured this would be a work in progress. I've never done any content that was new. I always had information on it before hand. So, please forgive my mistakes. Ive updated the original post.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:51 am

Awesome =D
Invisusira

Postby Sielanas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 am

Can you LoS the pyro? How often does he cast it? I'm imagining he can be killed somewhat quickly, but still one bubble per5 makes me a little afraid.
Sielanas

Postby Invisusira » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:28 pm

I've only had him cast it once. I highly doubt you can LoS it, but I also didn't try.
Invisusira

Postby Echevarian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 pm

25 / 4 = 6.25

25 / 5 = 5
Echevarian

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Echevarian wrote:25 / 4 = 6.25

25 / 5 = 5
Nerf Math

How big, in terms of hours to complete, is the instance? 2, maybe? in heroic? from what i'm reading here, once I get the trinket and maybe the cudgel, i'm never going to look back at that instance =|
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Kaelthas fight is quite wrong.

In normal he does fireball on his regular aggro list, so the tank, for 2-3k damages iirc. Phoenixes either spam fireballs at their target or follow them, and still have their AoE pulse. The flameblast is present in normal as well.

The "mage guard" and "mage class" you talked about are the same mob.

And this is phun

The istance looked like clearable in < 1 hour in normal, 1-2 hours in heroic supposing you have a proper party.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sielanas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:trinket, cudgel, and phoenix pet|

Fixed.
Sielanas

Postby fudomyou » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Worldie wrote:And this is phun

I cannot do this instance quickly enough.

(quick mod question: what do you use as your blessing timer mod?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Amran20 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 am

When I tanked Kael'thas heroic, he did cast a Pyroblast, however, the three DPS I was with dps'd down a shield he had (I'm guessing just like the 25-man), and they did kick the Pyro, so yes, it's interruptable.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Re: The Magister's Terrace - A Guide

Postby Dianora » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:59 am

NarfJones wrote:Blood Knight - Doesn't hit too hard until heroic, but he does a nice debuff that is Seal of Vengeance like that deals 1800 damage after 3 sec. Did not see the debuff on heroic, but if it is there I would imagine it's a little higher damage. Can be cleansed. usually best just to tank this one. They also heal.

If this is like the Blood Knight outside, it's call Seal of Wrath. Basically an inverse Seal of Vengeance where by it leaves an debuff after he judges it.

Mana wyrms - This is what you've been waiting for. In the room before the second boss, There are 60 mana wyrms, that are succeptible to all damage, floating around the ceiling. When you kill one, the group gets a 1% increase to DPS for 15 seconds. The cool part is that you can take every worm in the room at once. It doesn't seem incredibly gear dependant to do so, but take as many as you are comfortable with. The buff maxes at a 25% bonus to DPS. This means, take the boss right after the worms are down. His life disappears pretty quickly when everyone is working with extra firepower. They also restore mana on death, so you should be topped off for the boss. One thing to note is that there is a pat that walks up and down the hallway. If she is on your end, pull her. If she is walking back, just wait, because she goes the whole way into the other room and can be avoided for the boss fight.

I'll be sure to grab all of them up for AoE Fest and onto the boss.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Holyhomer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:02 pm

fudomyou wrote:
Worldie wrote:And this is phun

I cannot do this instance quickly enough.

(quick mod question: what do you use as your blessing timer mod?

That's pally power. There's a way to swap it from vertical to horizontal in the options.
Holyhomer

Postby Dianora » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Worldie wrote:Kaelthas fight is quite wrong.

In normal he does fireball on his regular aggro list, so the tank, for 2-3k damages iirc. Phoenixes either spam fireballs at their target or follow them, and still have their AoE pulse. The flameblast is present in normal as well.

The "mage guard" and "mage class" you talked about are the same mob.

And this is phun

The istance looked like clearable in < 1 hour in normal, 1-2 hours in heroic supposing you have a proper party.

Glad I got MikScrollingBattleText working on PTR and greatly reduced the amount of clatter.

I got as far as the 2nd boss in normal mode before I have to exit the party and eat dinner. I must admit, this is a fun instance. Tons of caster, but lots of places for LoS.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics