Places to AoE grind?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Places to AoE grind?

Postby Bosutei » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:05 am

There are only 2 places I know of to AoE grind:
1) Black Temple - Demon Hunter Supplicants/Shadowmoon Slayers(there's a ton of 'em along a long wall), I switch between to two waiting on respawns.
2) Manaforge B'naar - Sunfury Geologists and friends along the southern and southeastern edge of B'naar

I don't know how 1 deals for cash yet, I just started today, but 2 was great for cash, thing is though, there's always a ****ing Frost Mage there, always a different one.
Anyways, any other suggestions?
Bosutei

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:04 am

Death's Door in Blade's Edge Mountains. (aldor)
The etherial in southern netherstorm (consortium)
Chevalier

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:07 am

Also the bog lords of Quagg Ridge in Zangarmarsh for motes of life...grinded that for awhile for my Bracers of the Green Fortress
Chevalier

Postby Bosutei » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:10 pm

I did the same thing, but last I checked, Primal Life didn't sell well on the AH. Maybe I need to check again.
Bosutei

Postby Girard » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:51 pm

Bosutei wrote:I did the same thing, but last I checked, Primal Life didn't sell well on the AH. Maybe I need to check again.

Primal Lifes are very handy to have healthy supply of, even if you're prot.

You'll eventually pick up pieces for a healing set (rather than shard them) and those can be used to put on some nice +healing enchants. Or if you have a tailor friend, have them make you golden spellthread and that usually sells for a LOT.
Girard

Postby Bosutei » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:54 pm

Hrm, they are just 10 Primal Lives, aren't they?
Bosutei

Postby Baelor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:28 am

Bosutei has Blessing of Protection, baby.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Ignus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm

how do you guys avoid the elites? they always kill me ><
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Re: Places to AoE grind?

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Bosutei wrote:There are only 2 places I know of to AoE grind:
1) Black Temple - Demon Hunter Supplicants/Shadowmoon Slayers(there's a ton of 'em along a long wall), I switch between to two waiting on respawns.
2) Manaforge B'naar - Sunfury Geologists and friends along the southern and southeastern edge of B'naar

I don't know how 1 deals for cash yet, I just started today, but 2 was great for cash, thing is though, there's always a ****ing Frost Mage there, always a different one.

Nothing beats Supplicants. Kill em all at once, wait, repeat. You can even watch Family Guy while you do it. I farmed my epic mount (about 4500g from my current) in under 2 weeks doing this.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby kerouan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 pm

If you can get the area w/o competition I used to really like the Zaxxis guys south of Area52. They are all melee and you can easily do 8+ at time. Drop Zaxxis Insignias (50%, turn in 10 for 250 Consortium rep) and can also drop Prison Keys for additional rep farming.

Biggest problem is the fact that it is usually camped with other people doing the same thing.
kerouan

Postby Ignus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:06 am

PsiVen wrote:

Nothing beats Supplicants. Kill em all at once, wait, repeat. You can even watch Family Guy while you do it. I farmed my epic mount (about 4500g from my current) in under 2 weeks doing this.

where is this mystical place I can pull a bunch without a 100% chance of aggroing that $&*^!@ elite that will kill me 100% of the time?
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby Candiru » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 am

I just kill him, it takes a while but he doesn't hit hard enough to kill me with Jow and SoL up. Then they have all respawned and you can kill some more before the elite is back.

If you get low on health pull some more adds and activate the talisman of the colosos to get back to full health :)
Candiru

Postby Nich » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 am

Netharel is a pain with his mana burn, but if your bubble is ready for use, hit it and run down the stairs and he'll eventually leash.

If you wait until he goes for a walk along the narrow ledge, there's around 20 bloodelves you can pull and kill relatively easily, just watch out for the elite when he patrols back.
Nich

Postby Bosutei » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:40 am

Ignus wrote:
PsiVen wrote:

where is this mystical place I can pull a bunch without a 100% chance of aggroing that $&*^!@ elite that will kill me 100% of the time?

I just wait until he's under his little house/hut thing that's on the far right, then pull while on my flying mount, while dragging them all to the left, if I'm in danger of them leashing, rank 1 Cons ftw! That's another good technique for spread out pulls, rank 1 Cons while running around.
If he aggros, pull up, he resets.
Another piece of advice, he's got a decently short aggro radius, from what I've noticed.
Bosutei

Postby Ignus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:21 pm

thanks for the tips, I'll try em out next time. I can't kill him solo with that mana burn, I tried and I got him down to about 99% before I died. I found that really weird.

I'll try the flying thing though
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents