Just Started Kara

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Just Started Kara

Postby Obrimos » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Well, I OTed Kara last night and I'm feelin' pretty good, but I know I need to be on the lookout for stuff.

I'm really just looking for your guys' suggestions. I know my gems kinda suck, but I cut them myself and I don't have awesome blue patterns yet. I also know I need the libram from badges >.>.

Other than that, what should I be looking out for in Kara? Anything I should be running as far as 5 mans/heroics go?

Trying to overtake our Warrior who's got 4 pieces of T4 already, but he's not as mitigation-heavy as me and just barely uncrittable.

My server's Windrunner, if you want to armory me.
Obrimos

Postby NarfJones » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Read the gear stickies. There are plenty of links to the gear available pre-kara. I'll indulge you in a small fashion though. You won't pass a t4 geared warrior in quest/dungeon blues. And barely uncritable is still uncritable.

For reiteration's sake: Read the stickies.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Obrimos » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:54 pm

NarfJones wrote:Read the gear stickies. There are plenty of links to the gear available pre-kara. I'll indulge you in a small fashion though. You won't pass a t4 geared warrior in quest/dungeon blues. And barely uncritable is still uncritable.

I've read the pre-raid stickies, which is why I have the gear I have. I'm looking for information on what I should be doing in Kara since I'm not main tanking yet due my HP being too low.

Unless there's a Kara/Heroics sticky I missed.
Obrimos

Postby NarfJones » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Obrimos wrote:
NarfJones wrote:Read the gear stickies. There are plenty of links to the gear available pre-kara. I'll indulge you in a small fashion though. You won't pass a t4 geared warrior in quest/dungeon blues. And barely uncritable is still uncritable.

I've read the pre-raid stickies, which is why I have the gear I have. I'm looking for information on what I should be doing in Kara since I'm not main tanking yet due my HP being too low.

I have no idea what you are asking. Unless you are being as general as, "what do I do?" If that's the case, ask your raid leader.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Obrimos » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:54 pm

NarfJones wrote:
Obrimos wrote:

I have no idea what you are asking. Unless you are being as general as, "what do I do?" If that's the case, ask your raid leader.

My raid leader is a Warrior who's got only the foggiest idea of the math behind tanking at all.

Ergo, I ask seasoned Paladins.

Man, reading the stickied threads I thought I'd get a bit more of a warm welcome here but you're just shoving me off elsewhere.
Obrimos

Postby NarfJones » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:08 pm

I'm not shoving you off elswhere. I'm referring you to the existing information. I have no question to answer. You have not asked a specific question. Ask a specific question that has not already been answered a thousand times, and I will answer it to the best of my ability.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:42 pm

Obrimos wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Obrimos wrote:

My raid leader is a Warrior who's got only the foggiest idea of the math behind tanking at all.

Man, reading the stickied threads I thought I'd get a bit more of a warm welcome here but you're just shoving me off elsewhere.

What is it, exactly, that you're asking?

Ulushnar has a Kara guide for fledgling tankadins in this thread.

There's a bit of info here, here, and here.

In case you were wondering, I used the search function, and typed in Offtank Kara, looking in the basic training section.

Also, here's a link to the Tankadin 101 guide by Gestalt.

Again, it helps if you ask a clear question ... Because we have no idea how to interpret what you've written.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Obrimos » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:20 am

Guillex wrote:
Obrimos wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Obrimos wrote:

What is it, exactly, that you're asking?

Ulushnar has a Kara guide for fledgling tankadins in this thread.

There's a bit of info here, here, and here.

In case you were wondering, I used the search function, and typed in Offtank Kara, looking in the basic training section.

Also, here's a link to the Tankadin 101 guide by Gestalt.

Again, it helps if you ask a clear question ... Because we have no idea how to interpret what you've written.

That guide was exactly what I was looking for (and, coincidently, said Kara thread I missed).

I'm brand new to tanking for the most part, and I'm gearing primarily through Gestalt's guide. I'm just far, far from used to being a tank (my other 70 is a Rogue). So, I was looking for pointers, someone to tell me which gear guides are most important to me, and someone to assure me that my gear doesn't suck >.>.
Obrimos

Postby Mo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:18 am

Your gear doesnt suck, you have some decent stuff. It looks like your off to a very good start. You do need help with Stamina though. If money is an issue, save, save, save. If its not, start upgrading and buying the nicer gems with more Stam on AH even though they arent yours.

According to the Armory, you are lacking a few things that can help: +18 Stam on your shield, you can get +10 Stam with Armor kit for gloves, get the clefthide kit for your legs that has +30 Stam and +10 Agil, get the +12 Stam to your bracers. Just doing that alone would give you 70 Stamina, which is pretty huge.

Also, grind the last bit of Rep for CoT and get the Glyph of the Defender for your Helm and get the +12 dodge to your cloak. That would all be good stuff. Hope this helps
Mo

Postby Obrimos » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:18 am

Mo wrote:Your gear doesnt suck, you have some decent stuff. It looks like your off to a very good start. You do need help with Stamina though. If money is an issue, save, save, save. If its not, start upgrading and buying the nicer gems with more Stam on AH even though they arent yours.

According to the Armory, you are lacking a few things that can help: +18 Stam on your shield, you can get +10 Stam with Armor kit for gloves, get the clefthide kit for your legs that has +30 Stam and +10 Agil, get the +12 Stam to your bracers. Just doing that alone would give you 70 Stamina, which is pretty huge.

Also, grind the last bit of Rep for CoT and get the Glyph of the Defender for your Helm and get the +12 dodge to your cloak. That would all be good stuff. Hope this helps

It does, actually. I'm working on getting Revered with KoT, and helping a buddy get Exalted with CE to get the Nethercleft pattern. I know I need better gems and it isn't so much that money's an issue, it's cutting them. I know I can find other JCs that can cut them, but a) I'd like ot find the pattern and b) I've got a friend that can cut those as well if I can't get it.

Wasn't aware of the Dodge to cloak enchant though.
Obrimos

Postby Mo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Obrimos wrote:
Mo wrote:Your gear doesnt suck, you have some decent stuff. It looks like your off to a very good start. You do need help with Stamina though. If money is an issue, save, save, save. If its not, start upgrading and buying the nicer gems with more Stam on AH even though they arent yours.

It does, actually. I'm working on getting Revered with KoT, and helping a buddy get Exalted with CE to get the Nethercleft pattern. I know I need better gems and it isn't so much that money's an issue, it's cutting them. I know I can find other JCs that can cut them, but a) I'd like ot find the pattern and b) I've got a friend that can cut those as well if I can't get it.

Wasn't aware of the Dodge to cloak enchant though.

Yep...get a few of those enchants and you will be well on your way. I OT'ed Kara for the 1st time last week and had a little over 15K health buffed. Worked out pretty good. Get those Stam enchants to your Bracers, Shield, and armor kits for legs and gloves and that would be a great start. You can just get the clefthide armor kit for pants for now(about 50G) and then get Nethercleft later(about 225G) in AH
Mo

Return to Karazhan