Remove Advertisements

minimum requirements for Zul Aman

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

minimum requirements for Zul Aman

Postby lirael » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 am

Hi Guys
rather than ask if i am ready for ZA.
I was wondering if someone could post the minimum requirements for ZA to make everyone's life easier when then consider going there?

Hp:
Mana:
Def:
Dodge:
Parry:
Block:
Spell dam:

Thanks a lot
Paladin 70
lirael

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:36 am

For MTing

Hp: 18K buffed, lashes etc can hit for 18K, you want to survive
Mana: doesn't matter, probably at least 3K
Def: 490 min
Dodge + Parry: 40% ish?
Block: 102.4% - (defense to miss) - dodge + parry - 35.32%
Spell dam: 250-300, depends on your dps

Health is vital, as you need to survive the hits, avoidance should likely be in the 50% area, block you only need enough to get up to the 102.4%, block value is optional (I have 313 for this, some have more, others less). Many is totally irrelevant basically as you will take damage, and this get mana back. Spell damage is based on your dps threat, with 500 buffed I have no issues, but our mages can pump threat.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Lylith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 am

Without giving details about every single stat, you should have almost all Karazhan/badge gear you need and also some T4/5 before you start ZA.
Lylith

Postby Pizbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:17 am

For all of ZA yeah as above.
I've tanked Bear(troll form) and Eagle several times, our healers are kinda leet but yeah it's fine.
If you're going to do hawks on that boss then 15k health minimum imho.
Haven't done lynx, but I'd image you'd need a lot more health as above.

You can click through my sig to my armory, should give you a feel. I'm comfortable tanking Eagle, Bear, hawks only on that boss, don't feel comfortable and wont be tanking lynx(or OTing). Hex lord we've had a few attempts, I was OTing the adds and did OK.

Outside eagle/bear/hawks I'd say the raid is better off with me replaced by another tank in my guild or calling it.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Korath » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:23 am

Ignour my sig as it hasnt updated. Went into ZA for the 1st time last night with the following stats after buffing.

Hp: 18,700
Mana: 5000 ish? doesnt really matter
Def: 520
Dodge: 19%
Parry: 18%
Block: 26%
Spell dam: 350
19K armor.

We had 3 healers and it was HARD! Bear boss was 1 shotted but still hit like a truck, eagle went down but used my LoH and lots of close calls. Lynx wiped twice (once hit me for 16667 becuase the 2nd tank wasnt in postion)

WWS from that run can be found http://wowwebstats.com/li4eoohtnelae

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby gworroll » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 am

Hmm.

Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step- we don't have the numbers for 25 mans.

Just for a quick check, this is the unbuffed prot stats I posted to the guild forums for our preliminary ZA standards-

14k health
14k armor
102.4% avoidance+block chance
490 defense
200 spell damage

For the unbuffed starting point, does this sound good?
gworroll

Postby Questioner » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:56 am

gworroll wrote:Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step

I'll be honest, unless you've been clearing Kara for a month or more, or farm badge gear out the wazoo in heroics, anything past the first two bosses is going to be extremely hard, and even the first two will be hard.

I would recommend you have no more than 2 pieces that could be replaced in Kara before you go into ZA. At the very least, make sure Kara is cleared that week before you go in ZA :D
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 am

As unbuffed stats thats pretty fine, you should get about 3K health from raid buffs, 18K would be better but 17K buffed is doable. For the lynx I wouldn't suggest tanking it with < 18K hits buffed due to the lash and the hit box issues that can occur.

I can't say for dragon hawk or the 2 troll bosses, but the lynx, eagle and bear you should be fine at that, but it will be close in some situations, let a warrior MT some stuff if you can (last stand is very useful for things like the thrash stage of the lynx).

Personally I wouldn't hit it with < 300 spell damage unbuffed, but our mages are aggro gens and I prefer not to salvation most classes, so thats probably just me. A good guide would perhaps be some of the kara pulls, if you can't survive 5 elite pulls near moroes, you are probably undergeared, similarly tanking vs prince, if its not easy (barring unlucky thrash + parry) then you need more gear, heroics are easy ways to get this though.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Halisstra » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 am

We haven't downed dragonhawk, but that's only because we haven't really got any tries at him.

I MT everything and so far and I sit about 16-17k healthwise depending on gear, and that's at about 98% avoidance in most cases.

If you're going with that make sure you keep nightmare seeds and stoneshield pots handy (pots for lynx especially) as they have helped quite a bit. You can check my armory below, I recently upgraded my BP but I was using a righteous one and still tanking fine.
Halisstra

Postby Antharas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 pm

gworroll wrote:Hmm.

Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step- we don't have the numbers for 25 mans.

Just for a quick check, this is the unbuffed prot stats I posted to the guild forums for our preliminary ZA standards-

14k health
14k armor
102.4% avoidance+block chance
490 defense
200 spell damage

For the unbuffed starting point, does this sound good?

should prbly be 15k+ armor
Antharas

Postby Kamilie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:12 am

We finally cleared ZA last night, and we had a feral druid with me as co-MT. For bear, I take troll form and he takes bear form since the armor helps for bleeds. For eagle I tank and he dps's since he doesn't hit for much. For lynx he MT and I OT lynx spirit and we kill the spirit. For dragonhawk I OT adds. For Malacrass and Zul'jin I MT, but Zul'jin bear form is pretty brutal.

For Malacrass and Zul'jin, it is imperative that you spam holy shield whenever it goes down. I didn't bother using shadow resist for Malacrass, but we had 4 healers. For Zul'jin stack dodge rather than block and the pocketwatch is really handy for his bear form.

I have unbuffed-
15.3k HP
16k armor
49% dodge/miss/parry (51% if I use boots of elusion)
460 block value
350 spelldamage

The requirements for eagle and dragonhawk boss are not as high- they are coordination fights. Bear is also doable with lower stats, but a string of bad hits can kill you. Lynx requires high HP and armor, but having a hunter for tranq shot helps. Malacrass is coordination and DPS/healing mostly- he doesn't hit very hard, but his abilities can kill you (like consecrate, warrior whirlwind, etc) but the worst ones you can avoid if you're careful. Zul'jin is probably easier than Malacrass, but again you can get a string of unlucky hits on you and die.

It seems that most guilds that clear ZA have also cleared SSC/TK up to the final bosses. The guilds that have done the time trial have cleared Hyjal/BT. So there is a pretty steep learning/gear curve for the instance.
Kamilie

Postby Bryne » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:32 pm

gworroll wrote:Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step- we don't have the numbers for 25 mans.

Your tank gear aside, if your raid is still having problems with Netherspite and Nightbane it's a waste of your time to even zone into Zul'Aman. If you don't have the tank gear, skill, or DPS to put those fights on farm status, you really aren't going to see much success in Z'A.
Bryne

Postby Boudi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 am

18k unbuffed hp
critable
uncrushable
25k buffed armor
1 spelldmg
seal of command
45% complete avoidance
102.4% combined avoidance
5% chance to not miss an attack
a shield
a tuxedo
1000 block value
and all badge rewards :)
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Athon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:29 am

Bryne wrote:
gworroll wrote:Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step- we don't have the numbers for 25 mans.

Your tank gear aside, if your raid is still having problems with Netherspite and Nightbane it's a waste of your time to even zone into Zul'Aman. If you don't have the tank gear, skill, or DPS to put those fights on farm status, you really aren't going to see much success in Z'A.

Hmm, dunno... My guild has cleared all bosses in Kara, but we've downed Prince, Nightbane and Netherspite only once with guild-only raid. A week ago we went to ZA and now we have downed the bear boss twice and yesterday we made some attempts on the eagle boss too.

We probably aren't ready to clear the whole instance, but it is fun to fight the first bosses anyway.
Athon

Postby Arcand » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Short version: Nalorakk (the bear) is comparable to Prince phase 2. So unless you have two tanks geared to that point you're going to have a rough time.

Oh - and the lynx is slightly worse. :)
Arcand

Next

Return to Zul'aman