Remove Advertisements

Cloak Enchants - Royal Rumble! (Steelweave Enchant)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Arcand » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:59 am

Dorvan wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Lore, hypothetically speaking, why would you want that when the defense enchant would enable you to wear a different gear-set piece with more armor then the armor enchant?

Well, that's assuming that you have some EH substitution you'd like to make that would put you below uncrit or uncrush if you didn't have the enchant. At endgame I'm not sure that'd ever be the case.

For those of us working with ZA/badge gear, though, it's a distinct possibility. Those pieces have my defense awful close to 490 and my avoid+block awful close to 102.4%.
Arcand

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Arcand wrote:For those of us working with ZA/badge gear, though, it's a distinct possibility. Those pieces have my defense awful close to 490 and my avoid+block awful close to 102.4%.

Oh yeah, it's excellent for people in that position. Since Lore and Mortehl are both in T6 content my comment was coming more from that perspective.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Arcand wrote:For those of us working with ZA/badge gear, though, it's a distinct possibility. Those pieces have my defense awful close to 490 and my avoid+block awful close to 102.4%.

Oh yeah, it's excellent for people in that position. Since Lore and Mortehl are both in T6 content my comment was coming more from that perspective.

But it's only .03% less pure avoidance than straight dodge... it's not very significant.
Sthallas

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Sthallas wrote:But it's only .03% less pure avoidance than straight dodge... it's not very significant.

Of course, but something > nothing. Like I said, if you're near the line on crit or crush go defense, but if you're well clear on both account you might as well go dodge.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Sthallas wrote:
Dorvan wrote:

But it's only .03% less pure avoidance than straight dodge... it's not very significant.

Right, but less is less, all things being equal you should go for the one that provides more benefit.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Melathys » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:24 pm

and the mats are super cheap to anyone with mining and enchanting (or even enchanting alt to shard all the greens)
Melathys

Postby Sielanas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Melathys wrote:and the mats are super cheap to anyone with mining and enchanting (or even enchanting alt to shard all the greens)

Lots of things are cheap for enchanters, since they can consistently sell 20g shards like candy.
Sielanas

Postby Naima » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:14 pm

I think I might use this, assuming I ever get the shield from Jan'alai, my def will be down to 490. Which is fine, but I'd prefer it to be higher =P Losing that much def for a (superior) shield makes me cry, so this cloak enchant can help balance the scales =D
Naima

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:48 am

Well ATM there be only one cloak worth wearing (unless for some oddball reason you need the hit cap for taunt, AS or for something specific) the heroic badge one.

Since that cloak is already an EH cloak and an avoidance cloak in one, you may as well get 3 and put all 3 enchants on them -.-

Of course, I'll be sticking to my armour for bosses.
QuantumDelta

Postby Melathys » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:39 am

also note, that I think a bunch of us will be losing defense rating when getting the badge ring, so these defense enchants will help cover that.
Melathys

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 am

i think defense will be going on my good old Devilshark, which is in my Block Value set. Which, being composed primarily of ZA gear, is horribly low in defense.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sthallas » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 am

Melathys wrote:also note, that I think a bunch of us will be losing defense rating when getting the badge ring, so these defense enchants will help cover that.
bingo
Sthallas

Postby Hollyhell » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:34 am

If I ever get pepe's, it will go on that, more than likely. Currently using slikk's with +dodge on it, but I have recently found myself looking for more +def as I'm skirting 490 depending on trinket setup.

The main reason this is an issue is due to using Illidari Runeshield as my tanking shield over Coldarra (which is about equal to both Nightbane and Crest).

I will also be putting +def on my chest as it will allow me to swap around trinkets and such without having to worry about the 490 crit cap.
Hollyhell

Postby Warheit » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:20 pm

nice, already gathering mats for it, will go on my farstriders defenders cloak, i wont be torn between choosing a cape with def, or a cape with high sta/BV no more!
Warheit

Postby sbeacher » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:26 pm

I love enchants with a ton of primal earth cause that is the one primal I have falling out of my ears.
sbeacher

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations