Remove Advertisements

I Want to See Big Numbers too!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Vividd wrote:Since I noticed that nobody has tried to do this yet (as far as I could see), I decided to make an addon for this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... tText.html

It's my first addon though, so be gentle :P

OMG TRYIN OUT NOW. Does it work for warriors and droods?

EDIT: It's not working for me. I'm gonna try turning off all my other addons.

EDIT2: Tried that, and it won't broadcast to /say with no other mods on. Trying it with SCT next.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Should work for any class, it uses Threat-2.0.
As for it not working, can you be a bit more detailed? It's working fine for me and others.

What do you have set for it to output to?
Vividd

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 pm

You have to be in a party for it to work. That's what was happening. It's working now. Tryin it out atm.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Ahh, it could be that's due to Omen, if you have it set to be disabled when alone, they use the same library for threat. I'll look into this, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you :)
Vividd

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:47 pm

The color wheel seems to be skewed. I picked yellow, but it output purple, so I picked purple, and it output yellow.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm

moduspwnens wrote:The color wheel seems to be skewed. I picked yellow, but it output purple, so I picked purple, and it output yellow.

Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Doh, he's right, slight typo by me. I'll upload a fix asap :P

EDIT: Uploaded, just waiting on WoWI to approve it
EDIT2: And the fix is available :P
Last edited by Vividd on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vividd

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 pm

I just want to get this straight. This mod does not modify the floating numbers above mobs heads, right? I know that two years ago (back when I actually made mods) that those were rendered inside the 3-d world and were not part of the 2d interface overlay.

And threat is a lot more complicated than multiplying by 1.9, since different abilities have different inate threats, and there are various other modifiers like enchantments and salv. I guess for just our damaging abilities it wouldn't be so bad, but every debuff and buff you do generates threat too, so it's hard to calculate an absolute value. Probably easier for us than warriors and druids though.

Post some screenshots of this at work so I can see what it looks like. :)
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Spectrum wrote:I just want to get this straight. This mod does not modify the floating numbers above mobs heads, right? I know that two years ago (back when I actually made mods) that those were rendered inside the 3-d world and were not part of the 2d interface overlay.

And threat is a lot more complicated than multiplying by 1.9, since different abilities have different inate threats, and there are various other modifiers like enchantments and salv. I guess for just our damaging abilities it wouldn't be so bad, but every debuff and buff you do generates threat too, so it's hard to calculate an absolute value. Probably easier for us than warriors and druids though.

Post some screenshots of this at work so I can see what it looks like. :)

It basically replaces your damage from SCT or Parrot with the threat numbers instead of damage ones. I know a lot of people use these mods instead of the standard Blizzard SCT. Personally, I prefer the floating numbers over mobs' heads, but this isn't possible to change, so I'm getting used to doing it this way.

Also, it's using Threat-2.0, so it's as accurate as Omen is. I just tried it out on my warrior, as well.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:22 pm

There's screenshots in the link I provided. As for how the threat number is obtained, as said, I use the Threat-2.0 library, which is the same one Omen uses for it's threat data.

Basically, the library provides an event whenever threat is updated (which is anytime you cause an action that changes threat), my addon keeps track of your threat on targets and compares the new value to the old value to determine the amount of threat caused. This allows you to see what amount of threat any of your skills cause.

It then outputs it to a number of choices, such as SCT, Parrot, or even the Blizzard Error Frame.
Vividd

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm running with it atm on Hyjal trash, and I've noticed two oddities:

It occasionally prints zeros. What is happening that gives me zero threat?

...and this is probably more related to SCT, but the massive amount of threat numbers output locks out my heals and damage in side of the screen.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Zero threat occurs when a mob dies, or obviously if your entire aggro has been reset on it. The odd thing though, is that my addon should not even report it - it may be an issue due to overload, I'll have to look into this.

As for the locking out of heals/damage, do you mean they simple don't display anymore? If that's the case, it's most likely indeed an SCT issue, but I'll look into this as well.

EDIT: Now that I thought about it for a second, it's possible the 0 threat is simply a very tiny amount of threat. It couldn't be truly 0 because it wouldn't ever get printed then, but when the number gets printed it rounds the number down, which might lead to printing zeros.
Vividd

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Vividd wrote:Zero threat occurs when a mob dies, or obviously if your entire aggro has been reset on it. The odd thing though, is that my addon should not even report it - it may be an issue due to overload, I'll have to look into this.

As for the locking out of heals/damage, do you mean they simple don't display anymore? If that's the case, it's most likely indeed an SCT issue, but I'll look into this as well.

After checking my combat log, I saw multiple times my Spiritual Attunement granted 1 mana, which I guess would come out to 0 threat, and yes, it's the same thing that happens in SCT when I see tons of Miss/Dodge/Parry/Block on one side and a ton of heals and spritual attunement on the other.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Well in regards to the 0 threat issue, I think the best way to go on that is for me to add an option to set a minimum on the amount of threat to still show.

The SCT issue is a bit trickier though, as I don't know how much I can do about it :/
Vividd

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Start throttling ... oh wait, you can't do that in SCT.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros