Remove Advertisements

I Want to See Big Numbers too!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:42 am

Sithy wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Well, sorta. That wouldn't be bad, but I already have my incoming hits and incoming heals in scrolling texts. I'd much rather just have the damage done to mobs that normally appears over their heads be the threat done to those mobs.

As far as I know thats impossible the UI doesn't have access to change those values, your best compromise would be a SCT like mod with threat numbers.

But thanks.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Extremity » Tue May 13, 2008 4:43 am

couldnt you just get sct-d (scrolling combat text damage) or whatever and mod the file to take the holy damage and multiply it whatever our threat multiplier with imp RF is, and then an additional modifier if the spell name = holy shield
Extremity

Postby Neuron » Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 am

It actually would be quite easier to write a mod that extends SCT to pull information from the Ace mod Threat-2.0.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Morpheren » Tue May 13, 2008 8:21 am

Extremity wrote:and multiply it whatever our threat multiplier with imp RF is

Are you serious?
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Extremity » Tue May 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Morpheren wrote:
Extremity wrote:and multiply it whatever our threat multiplier with imp RF is

Are you serious?

I didn't know if it was as simple as damage*1.9 or whatever, I dont know if 1 holy damage = 1 threat etc
Extremity

Postby Candiru » Wed May 14, 2008 3:37 am

No-one knows how much threat 1 damage produces, but its commonly taken to be 1 threat by mods such as omen, KTM etc as a baseline.

Since healing is 0.5 threat under this scheme, it could be that blizzard have 1 healing = 1 threat and 1 damage = 2 threat.

Its a bit arbitrary anyway really.
Candiru

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Levantine wrote:I DEMAND SNAKEY CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME! IF HE DOESN'T KNOW .lua THEN I DEMAND HE LEARN IT AND THEN CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME!

It seems very simple actually. Any mod that replaces scrolling combat text already has 98% of the code you need.
Just find the part where it pops the numbers, multiply by X, then multiply by 1,02 if your glove enchant is threat, then multiply by 0,7 if you're salved(X Is your RF's bonus, typically 1,9).
Ah, there'd be another multiplier for holy shield but I already have the logic in my head.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 10:51 am

So, back on my tangent of modifying the nameplates, I am going to try and tear down the addon "aloft", although I'm sure its almost 100% for the code to do what i need, minus the threat reading. Anybody know the back end of omen that would be able to answer a few questions?
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Extremity » Sat May 17, 2008 11:47 am

I'm actually really interested in this. Would anybody be able to take SCT-D (link below) and add an option to turn it to "threat mode"? I have some coding experience but know absolutely nothing about LUA, but I can't imagine that it would be terribly difficult.

www.wowace.com/wiki/Sctd
Extremity

Postby _Chloe » Sat May 17, 2008 12:10 pm

I've been thinking about picking this up as a Tankadin plug-in. Considering Tankadin already has all your threat data, and combine it with SCT and/or Mik's I just might be able to pull something off. I already have 4 plug-ins on the board as of right now, and if I pick this up it will be the 5th. Kinda need to get the other 4 published and released before picking up another.
_Chloe

Postby Levantine » Sat May 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Levantine wrote:I DEMAND SNAKEY CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME! IF HE DOESN'T KNOW .lua THEN I DEMAND HE LEARN IT AND THEN CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME!

It seems very simple actually. Any mod that replaces scrolling combat text already has 98% of the code you need.
Just find the part where it pops the numbers, multiply by X, then multiply by 1,02 if your glove enchant is threat, then multiply by 0,7 if you're salved(X Is your RF's bonus, typically 1,9).
Ah, there'd be another multiplier for holy shield but I already have the logic in my head.

If you want to teach me how to stop loathing .lua and instead how to code a little I'd be more than happy to make this, by the way.
Levantine

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:19 pm

A bump to remind our in-house addon developers. :D
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Shannok » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Chloe and Snake, is it definitely not possible to have the numbers show above the mobs head like the original idea? Great idea regardless though :D
Shannok

Postby Extremity » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:21 pm

bump, do this!
Extremity

Postby Vividd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Since I noticed that nobody has tried to do this yet (as far as I could see), I decided to make an addon for this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... tText.html

It's my first addon though, so be gentle :P
Vividd

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros