I Want to See Big Numbers too!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

I Want to See Big Numbers too!

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 am

Alright, so here's an idea. Maybe it's already been thought of, I didn't find anything using the Search tool.

Very simple. Instead of showing my DAMAGE done to mobs, when I, say, use Exorcism or Judgement, it just multiplies it by the threat multiplier and shows my THREAT! Not a huge change, but I think it'd not only making tanking a little more exciting, but make it easier to see TPS and how much threat is generated by what techniques.

If this exists, what is it? If not, would you use it? I think it'd be a fun and helpful mod to use.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Gotwa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 am

Hmm sounds partially complicated yet somewhat not. I'd definitely use it :D
Gotwa

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:54 am

Gotwa wrote:Hmm sounds partially complicated yet somewhat not. I'd definitely use it :D

Well, I don't code addons, but I'd assume you'd find wherever it says "print 'damage variable' above mob's head" to, yaknow, "print 'get threat variable(damage)' above mob's head", and then just make some method to multiply holy damage by 1.9 if the talents are taken and buff is active, and Holy Shield a little more.

Know what I mean? Maybe it's a lot more complicated than that.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Gotwa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Gotwa wrote:Hmm sounds partially complicated yet somewhat not. I'd definitely use it :D

Well, I don't code addons, but I'd assume you'd find wherever it says "print 'damage variable' above mob's head" to, yaknow, "print 'get threat variable(damage)' above mob's head", and then just make some method to multiply holy damage by 1.9 if the talents are taken and buff is active, and Holy Shield a little more.

It's possible; I think the mod would have be able to take into account when you have AW active, recognize if the target has misery; things like that.
Gotwa

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 am

Gotwa wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

It's possible; I think the mod would have be able to take into account when you have AW active, recognize if the target has misery; things like that.

Nah, those all increase damage. Only values that change threat would need to be considered. Right? I mean, if the mob's taking 5% more spell damage, it's getting hit by your spells 5% harder, so that would already be taken into account by the multiplier.

Anyway, if any of you know Lua, write this! I'd love it. :D
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Gotwa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 am

Makes sense. I'm terrible at math, so I figured it'd be another multiplicative stacking if you had RF/AW/Misery and stuff, guess that's why I avoid theorycrafting and mod writing :O
Gotwa

Postby Kaelie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 am

This would rock. A lot.
Kaelie

Postby Azulito » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:46 am

I R teh sux @ computerz. But i would like to see this mod :) it might get a little confusing, maybe... but it'd still be pretty cool.
Azulito

Postby Levantine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:01 pm

I DEMAND SNAKEY CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME! IF HE DOESN'T KNOW .lua THEN I DEMAND HE LEARN IT AND THEN CODE THIS IN HIS SPARE TIME!
Levantine

Postby Fivelives » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Maybe see if Chloe would code this as a plugin for tankadin? Seems like it'd be a pretty good plugin on its own, and it'd be something that the palatank thief wouldn't have.
Fivelives

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Fivelives wrote:Maybe see if Chloe would code this as a plugin for tankadin? Seems like it'd be a pretty good plugin on its own, and it'd be something that the palatank thief wouldn't have.

Yes! I use Tankadin, that'd be a great addition. The other tanking classes might want something similar, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Balendro » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:25 pm

I would *love* an addon that did this. I would have it's beebies.
Balendro

Postby _Chloe » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:03 pm

STT - Scrolling Threat Text?
_Chloe

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:12 pm

_Chloe wrote:STT - Scrolling Threat Text?

Well, sorta. That wouldn't be bad, but I already have my incoming hits and incoming heals in scrolling texts. I'd much rather just have the damage done to mobs that normally appears over their heads be the threat done to those mobs.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sithy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 am

moduspwnens wrote:Well, sorta. That wouldn't be bad, but I already have my incoming hits and incoming heals in scrolling texts. I'd much rather just have the damage done to mobs that normally appears over their heads be the threat done to those mobs.

As far as I know thats impossible the UI doesn't have access to change those values, your best compromise would be a SCT like mod with threat numbers.
Sithy

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros