Remove Advertisements

Omen2/KTM

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Omen2/KTM

Postby Shadraak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:24 pm

been having problems with both noticed they did yet another update today but with the game still down dont know if it works till you get everyone in the group on the exact same version and then you can test it :( anyone found anything that works yet on keeping ahold of threat, other than crossing fingers and telling dps to watch it
Shadraak

Postby Jeanette » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm

It works, just don't turn on the 'AOE threat' tracking. You'll get spammed to shit and wow will lockup.
Jeanette

Postby Shadraak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:28 pm

now thats the new one right? but same problem lies, gotta make sure everyone is up to the new version as well as it wont read the older versions and they're updating every day now it seems :(
Shadraak

Postby Jeanette » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Yea, it's the new one. Unfortunately you cant make people update their addons, so I'd just make sure that you have it updated yourself. The rest of the raidgroup pretty much is on their own, and when they die because they weren't paying attention due to an unupdated addon, its their repair bill imo.
Jeanette

Postby Shadraak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Jeanette wrote:Yea, it's the new one. Unfortunately you cant make people update their addons, so I'd just make sure that you have it updated yourself. The rest of the raidgroup pretty much is on their own, and when they die because they weren't paying attention due to an unupdated addon, its their repair bill imo.

keynote: "raid group" ie...they die in a raid group, big chance it's the whole groups repair bill :( hopefully it'll all be good for kara tonight but i dont know lol i just stick with instances i know i keep threat in lke SHAT HALLS and such..where i just aoe the big mobs down anyway still havign problems with the ogre boss though never can seem to get aggro back from him dont know what i do wrong lol.
Shadraak

Postby Dianora » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:35 pm

We're starting on Bloodboil right now, it's kind of odd that NOT all of the tank can see the threat of the other tanks. Hopefully they fix these problem before tonight.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Having the same versions of both Omen and Threat-2.0 fixes most of the problems.

And /rl sometimes helps...no idea why.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Omen2 is being so rapidly updated because It and Threat-2.0 is in beta ATM.

If you want a version that works: 67322 (as long as EVERYONE is using it) is one of the better ATM, it's threat numbers are unfortunately mostly ballpark though.

The reason why, is that blizz have been changing a lot (hot fixes) combat log wise and didn't finalise the clog before 2.4 went live, most addons that depend on clog are suffering similar problems, but threat meters are THE most sensative clog related addons.

The situation will probably start to stabilise later this week from what I've seen, the dev's of Omen/Threat are working on a new protocal but haven't implemented it yet since it has a few bugs in it.

My best advice is bare with it ATM.
Or just pick a version (intelligently) and sit on it for a while.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Bluejam » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 pm

I think QuantumDelta's advice about sticking with a specific version is spot on, until word filters down that things seem to be more stable.
Shame I'm such an update whore tho
Bluejam

Postby Shadraak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 pm

now i notice like with the test bars it's got the raid icons in there, would you say it would work better if peole marked? or what cause that's what i see alot with and just seems curious if that would help a bit...
Shadraak

Postby Thanehand » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 am

My approach for raiders in my guild:

1. Force everyone to get Omen2, and Threat2. Get rid of Threat1 entirely.

2. Update Omen and Threat immediately before a raid (Wowace Updater... evey raider in my guild has it)

3. Go to the config, Modules, Single Target and turn on "Show Self" and "Show tank at 100%".

4. Optional: get rid of the annoying sound in "warning".

When following these instructions, the entire raid has had no problems with Omen (The Aoe and Healer function are awesome when you get use to them). 1 Person having a different version can cock the entire thing up atm tho...
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Shadraak » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 am

Thanehand wrote:My approach for raiders in my guild:

1. Force everyone to get Omen2, and Threat2. Get rid of Threat1 entirely.

2. Update Omen and Threat immediately before a raid (Wowace Updater... evey raider in my guild has it)

3. Go to the config, Modules, Single Target and turn on "Show Self" and "Show tank at 100%".

4. Optional: get rid of the annoying sound in "warning".

When following these instructions, the entire raid has had no problems with Omen (The Aoe and Healer function are awesome when you get use to them). 1 Person having a different version can cock the entire thing up atm tho...

well thank god we didn't do kara lastnight i'm tired fo the guild i just went in, yeah it was great cause i got those upgrades but that was it, haven't done crap since he got his chest off nightbane and wouldnt let me roll on it :( but i think my gearset now is good enough to get into a new guild maybe one that's just starting kara to learn on but anywho, i've been interested in the other forms of omen the aoe and healer modes kinda unsure on what they actually do or are for... is it for healing aggro?

and i'm unsure how to set tank options in wow as well or set up omen to know who the tanks are.
Shadraak

Postby Thanehand » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:29 am

AoE mod will show you your aggro on each mob you have aggro on.
You'll probably want to mark them all before you pull when using this mode, so you can quickly see which is which.

Basically, you can see which mob you have the lowest aggro on, target it and raise your aggro to micro-manage it.

Healer mode is derived from Blizz or ORa tank list. I use ORa, you once you've set the MT list in there, Omen will display a list of each tank, and the aggro they have on their target. This means you can see who is likely to need healing on each mob. Its limitations however, is it works from the tanks, not the mobs, so doesn't deal with mutiple mobs hitting one tank, or any CC'd mobs (unless the CC'ers are on the MT list). It does allow the healers to see their healing aggro on each.
ImageImage
Thanehand

omen vs omen 2

Postby djellum » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:53 pm

was talking to someone in my raid this last weekend and they said not to download omen 2 but get just plain omen. had kind of a far fetched reason about licensing and stuff, but it caused me to look anyway.

I had downloaded omen 2 and it was buggy as hell, when i checked later on Curse and there was an updated as of 4-1-08, just plain omen, for download. tried that and it has worked waaayy better. still shows as omen 2 on the screen so i dont know if the dude was full of it, but even if its just an update it works perfect, in a basic sense. I havent checked the version number or anything, as long as it works I dont care.

at least theres no error screens and it shows ppl gaining, which is a huge improvement from last week.

djellum

Postby Thanehand » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:12 am

"Omen1" no longer works. You can't have downloaded it an used it

However, Omen V2 is often just called Omen still. WoWaceupdater, for instance, still lists it as Omen. What you have there is just an older build of Omen 2 mate.

Also, in order to improve it, both Omen2 and Threat2 are undergoing hourly changes to iron out stuff. Yes, this may introduce new bugs, but should iron out some old ones, and you'll get your Threatlib updated too...
ImageImage
Thanehand

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros