Problems with SpartanUI

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Problems with SpartanUI

Postby Archilleus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

I recently bought myself a new 20" widescreen monitor and decided its time to spruce up my current UI. Previously, I never used many UI. Just the basics like Omen, DMB and so on. I want to use SpartanUI mostly for the actionbar/art, I like it because it looks like it should actually fit in WoW moreso then some other bar mods. But Im having issues getting the bars to work correctly.

Im running into problems when I try to get things to line up correctly. I upzip the folders, go into the game and do the /sui and CT configs. But, this is what I get. Things line up, but youll notice that all the UI's and text are very very small.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/B ... 235042.jpg

Now when I unclick the 'use UI scale' box in my video options, things get bigger. The fubar and chat is fine, but my player portrait is gone, as well as my target, and target of target. Im assuming this is a scaling issue where the are moving off the screen.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/B ... 235126.jpg

Basically, my main goal is to use the main action bar. I'm not to interested in the smaller/less useful addons that this pack comes with, so i need to work out the biggest kink first. Im using the updated pack from WoWinterface and running at 1280x768 wide res. Any help would be great since i don't have to much experience with these types of mods.
Archilleus

Postby Warrender » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:50 am

Yeah, I don't think SpartanUI will work properly if you don't check the use UI scale box so you will just have to get used to the smaller UI scale. OTOH, the scaling is optimized to give you maximum screen real estate depending on your resolution (and monitor) so it's nice once you do get used to it.

The smaller font you can do something about. You can change the font size in chat boxes and UI mods like Fubar to make it more readable even with the smaller UI scale.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby sissylala » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:05 pm

this is what i did to get it to work Image
sissylala

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros